Prot paladin vs. Brewmaster on WotE

90 Dwarf Paladin
Last night I co-tanked Will of the Emperor with a Brewmaster. I danced nearly perfectly until towards the end and we one-shotted it, but according to recount my co-tank took about 7 million less damage than me at 16 million and 9 million respectively. That's a very high disparity and I want to know if that's normal, if I'm doing something wrong, or if that fight favors Brewmasters for some reason.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We can't really tell you much without logs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Ðemolition
We can't really tell you much without logs

This.

Also, were you using your cooldowns appropriately? Not that CD's would account for 7 million damage, but were you saving GoAK for Titan Gas, etc?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Recount does wonky things with regard to stagger. I'm not sure you can use recount to accurately judge damage from any one readout.

Also, the fight plays really well to elusive brew. It can be up for almost the entire period they are actually meleeing. All tanks can game the combo to a degree, but Paladins less so than others because holy power has a low cap relative to the generation/expenditure rate.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/11/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Asthas
Recount does wonky things with regard to stagger. I'm not sure you can use recount to accurately judge damage from any one readout

prettymuch, Stagger damage falls under "friendly fire" damage so if you add that and damage taken it should give you alittle better picture of whats actually happening, or you could just look at healing recieved to see if your really taking that much more damage (but i doubt it)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
My recount doesn't even display stagger damage under friendly fire anymore. It used to though.

I don't think stagger damage actually appears anywhere anymore, but healing taken should be a decent indicator.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/12/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Asthas
My recount doesn't even display stagger damage under friendly fire anymore. It used to though.

it did for me last night /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Healing needed is a better indicator than damage taken in this world of healing tanks and stagger and all that.

So much 'damage taken' gets erased in the case of a DK, or taken 'twice' in the case of a monk, that it's simply not a meaningful metric any more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Small question that is sort of on-topic and doesn't deserve its own thread:

Holy Avenger would be the talent of choice for WotE right? Since Titan Gas comes what, every 2.5 minutes, so it would line up pretty well. Unless I'm wrong. (I have been in the past.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]