Made a huge opps on my sha weapons. plz help

90 Pandaren Shaman
I managed to get my 2nd Sha weapon tonight. and finish my quest to get my gem.. noticed i could buy a secound gem so i did.. well needs less to say i cannot equip my newest weapon cuz the gems are unique.. I made a GM ticket tryign to correct this epic fail on my part. PLZ blizz dont leave me hanging.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unfortunately, the most likely answer you will get is that they are unable to remove the gem for you since they clearly state that they are unique-equipped.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Probally but i think its crap there isnt a ingam way to remove it or serperate the gem from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ripping off dual wielding classes?

That would be overpowering dual wielding classes since they would be getting 500 of their respective main stat twice.

Either way, the gem itself says Unique Equipped. Definitely helps to take a little thought and care into ensure that you don't make a costly mistake like that on a item that powerful.
Edited by Amoracchia on 12/12/2012 5:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Kinñslayer
Blizz should of anticipated mistakes like this so GMs wouldnt get bugged over crap. I rather be stuck with a gem i cannot use then a whole weapon i cannot use now. cuase they feel like ripping off duel wielding class's

I thought that is why they put Unique Equip on there so people would know you can only equip one. I don't know how many further steps blizzard can take to ensure people read an item description.

Just wait on your ticket. None of us can say if a GM is able to help you or not. That is something that only a GM decide based on policy. Policies are always changing. Don't lose all hope on this issue yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I understand the unique stuff.. just after being awake for 12 hours plus. and getn lil too excited getting a few good drops last night i was in a rush LOL. farm as the 2 gems thing. its only a extra 500 agil. hardly a major differnce. if anything the sha touched gems idea is a joke. but i'll take whatever i can get. i wouldnt mind if the gem was just removed from my 2nd weapon and i'll just sit it in the bank. but i find it really sucks i have a weapon thats utterly useless now. so hopfully it can be removed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why not just replace the gem?

Sure, you'll be out the old gem, but you'll be able to equip the weapon.

Which is what you'll probably end up having to do anyways since I don't think a GM will be able to fix this for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can't put a normal gem in the Sha Touched Gem slot I do not believe.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
You can put in another sha gem, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Danvers
You can put in another sha gem, though.

True, but he would have no use for Str or Int, but it would at least let him equip.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Put the item in void storage. That destroys gems and enchants. Only way i know of to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It wont let my put it in void storage. just says i cannot do that now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Kinñslayer
It wont let my put it in void storage. just says i cannot do that now.

That is weird...that's the only way I can think of to remove a gem from an item. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to wait on your GM ticket. :(
Reply Quote
68 Tauren Paladin
I thought you could shift-click a gem slot to remove a gem?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Klaes

Nope. Other than placing the item in void storage, there is no way to remove a gem once socketed. You can only replace it with a different gem.

That said, I have no idea why the OP can't put the item into void storage, that SHOULD work.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Mogrigg

Nope. Other than placing the item in void storage, there is no way to remove a gem once socketed. You can only replace it with a different gem.

That said, I have no idea why the OP can't put the item into void storage, that SHOULD work.

Nevermind, I found out why: it's a known bug. No upgradeable items can currently be placed in void storage: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199962314?page=1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]