Blizzard please rethink Cyclone

90 Worgen Druid
Okay, I get how healing and cyclone are all viewed as nature, but good lord could we please get them into separate trees? (No pun intended) As resto, it's an absolute joke trying to get away from a warrior with multiple CC's, stuns, silences, etc, and trying to get a cyclone off to give you a break is nigh on impossible. If you try to cyclone, you're not only interrupted, but then locked out of your healing spells as well - now the warrior owns you. (Charge/heroic leap do a wonderous job of negating displacer beast as well)

And for those that QQ how OP cyclone is, I'll trade you an instant fear/stun over a 1.5 second cast time ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Toons with multiple interrupts are only stopped long enough to decide which interrupt they'd like to use. Seriously, count out 1.5 seconds in arena/RBG and see how long it actually is.

Thank you for the vent, have a nice day :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
1) Oh really? You would trade a cast time (1.5 seconds) CC that cannot be dispelled for a fear/blood fear/coil/hoj/ that can be dispelled?

2) If you fake cast this "warrior" that is on you, then you should be able to get away casting whatever you like.

3) Natures Swiftness is a 1 Minute cooldown, aka instant cyclone. You also have instant roots with Natures Grasp in this scenario since it is a melee class that is attacking you.

4) Travel Form. This will almost guarantee that a warrior has to charge you at some point, in which case you can use Displacer Beast and be gone again.

Thank you for the LOL, CY@ ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No. Cyclone is already strong enough as it is.

I can CC people so easily for so long as resto it is crazy.

Start using your mobility to setup CC's. Displacer beast allows you to escape VERY often, also nature's grasp.

Lastly, cyclone has way more uses than most abilities. Since it stops incoming heals, you can cyclone a kill target when he has pain supp + shield wall and is about to get spam healed up from low hp and essentially counter all of those abilities. In addition, it is UNDISPELLABLE

There are so many uses for it I just thought of another just for warriors. Say he pops all of his mega one shot cooldowns on you along with mass spell reflection(lots of warriors do this to prevent peels). Instant clone him and you will be Cloned yourself, essentially negating all his burst on you, and a large part of his burst in general by the time he can switch targets.
And if he cancels spell reflect or it gets eaten first, then cool, you just instant cloned him at an opportune moment.

Go watch Mayopilot or Starships and notice how often they use cyclone.
I would argue it is the best pvp ability that druids have.

Case closed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Blizzard please rethink cyclone: remove it from the game.
kthx
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1) Oh really? You would trade a cast time (1.5 seconds) CC that cannot be dispelled for a fear/blood fear/coil/hoj/ that can be dispelled?

2) If you fake cast this "warrior" that is on you, then you should be able to get away casting whatever you like.

3) Natures Swiftness is a 1 Minute cooldown, aka instant cyclone. You also have instant roots with Natures Grasp in this scenario since it is a melee class that is attacking you.

4) Travel Form. This will almost guarantee that a warrior has to charge you at some point, in which case you can use Displacer Beast and be gone again.

Thank you for the LOL, CY@ ;)

CY@@@@@@@ hehe
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard please rethink cyclone: remove it from the game.
kthx

I think that is a bit extreme. I will be fine with a duration nerf or a 2 minute cooldown on NS, but only if CC across the board is nerfed at the same time.

(I am looking right at you, blood fear)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, I really would trade the cyclone for an instant fear still. I use nature's grasp, Bash, etc, I still find that I would trade the cast time for an instant. I liked your idea on the reflect cyclone though, using an instant cyclone reflected to take away his burst is a good idea
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/12/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Dirtnapper
I'll trade you an instant fear/stun over a 1.5 second cast time ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I don't suppose you use Nature's swiftness correctly then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
Cyclone is fine as it is. The only thing that needs adjusting is something with ferals and their instant cyclone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Vaelseir
a 2 minute cooldown on NS

That would be a huge nerf to Boomkin self-healing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There are so many uses for it I just thought of another just for warriors. Say he pops all of his mega one shot cooldowns on you along with mass spell reflection(lots of warriors do this to prevent peels). Instant clone him and you will be Cloned yourself, essentially negating all his burst on you, and a large part of his burst in general by the time he can switch targets.
And if he cancels spell reflect or it gets eaten first, then cool, you just instant cloned him at an opportune moment.

EPIC.

IMO cyclone is the best CC in the game, by far the most powerfull.

Trouble is this, most druids are not like you and dont think outside the box. I do the same to warriors with spell reflect up when im at about 30-50% hp on my mage and poly my self so that I dont need to evocate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

EPIC.

IMO cyclone is the best CC in the game, by far the most powerfull.

Trouble is this, most druids are not like you and dont think outside the box. I do the same to warriors with spell reflect up when im at about 30-50% hp on my mage and poly my self so that I dont need to evocate.

Yep, works great to do that.

Insta-cloning dark bargain, warlock pet sack shield, touch of karma, or Die by the Sword is so stupidly good. NS cooldown is shorter than any of the cooldowns on those abilities, so I can just negate them everytime if I avoid using NS for healing, which, honestly, is not difficult.

I think my favorite thing I managed to cyclone was life swap. Sorta lucky, but was still funny seeing the ability go off in my enemy cooldown tracker, then see the shadowpriest run behind a column and start healing himself only to realize they didn't switch health XD

I can't even imagine playing feral. So many instant clones plus you also have NS. CLONE THE ENTIRE WORLD.....of warcraft...

But in all seriousness, I think an appropriate nerf to cyclone (and buff to priests) would be that Mass Dispell also removes Cyclone (only for disc and holy, sorry shadow, you are already doing well enough).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
NS for druids should be changed to at least 90 sec, the same way shaman ancestral swiftness was nerfed from 60 sec to 90sec.
(this way it would match mage PoM 90 sec cd as well, but TBH would like them to remove all instant casts, including PoM)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Gaiah
a 2 minute cooldown on NS

That would be a huge nerf to Boomkin self-healing.

They could make boomkin have it on a 1 min cooldown. And maybe only as healing for feral and guardian...whatever. They could definitely make it different for each spec, just look at Soul of Forest / Incarnation / Treants. Does completely different things for each spec.

It only makes sense, too. Who would ever take Renewal as resto? An NS heals for much more than 30% hp, half the cooldown, and scales with other talents and procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Dirtnapper
Yeah, I really would trade the cyclone for an instant fear still. I use nature's grasp, Bash, etc, I still find that I would trade the cast time for an instant. I liked your idea on the reflect cyclone though, using an instant cyclone reflected to take away his burst is a good idea

I was actually implying that blood fear should be nerfed, not that druids should have it haha

And yea read what I said about NS cyclone
Edited by Vaelseir on 12/12/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
NS for druids should be changed to at least 90 sec, the same way shaman ancestral swiftness was nerfed from 60 sec to 90sec.
(this way it would match mage PoM 90 sec cd as well, but TBH would like them to remove all instant casts, including PoM)

They changed Shaman NS to 90 seconds? yea that same treatment would definitely make sense for druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]