"Roll on a PvE server"

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am so sick of hearing this. There are, what seems like, hundreds of threads these past few weeks complaining about ganking being out of control. These posters make valid points, the response they get 90% of the time? "Roll on a PvE server, baddie."

I really want these morons to understand that a lot of the people complaining about the ganking situation do in fact like PvP, myself included. I like world PvP, BG's, and Arena, however, to me, world PvP is not about one-shotting players 50+ levels lower than yourself. To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Being level 20 and being camped by a level 90 is not what a PvP server is for, so telling someone to roll on a PvE server is the stupidest comment one can come up with. Only an inconsiderate, self-loathing moron would think that a PvP server is meant for such a purpose.

Here's an idea. Put up or shut up. If you really need to camp the Dark Portal, or camp low level quest givers to get your jolly's, maybe it is YOU that needs to get off the PvP server because you clearly have ZERO concept of what PvP is supposed to be. If you are so bloody wonderful, get into an Arena team and own!

If you comment saying "Shouldn't be on a PvP server" after reading this, consider your point invalid as I have completely made it clear that saying such a thing warrants no kind of validity and it is nothing more than a moronic comment made by moronic people whose lives are so pathetic that they spend their time attempting to justify their inexcusable, despicable behavior.
100 Undead Mage
Some join PvP servers to be with their friends, some join PvP servers to have interaction with the enemy.

And then you get others like me who joined the server years ago, not knowing anything about differences between server types, and don't want to pay for a server change.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Some join PvP servers to be with their friends, some join PvP servers to have interaction with the enemy.

And then you get others like me who joined the server years ago, not knowing anything about differences between server types, and don't want to pay for a server change.

Very true, I do know a lot of people on my server who joined it not knowing what PvP even was, then made friends, and chose to remain so they can play with said friends. But, in such a case like that, I'd say the "Roll on PvE" point becomes a little more valid. If ganking was this bad and I hated PvP, I'd server hop, friends or not, simply because it IS getting ridiculous.
10 Undead Rogue
12/12/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Aedah
To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Isn't that called a BG? Re-roll PVE and join BGs when you want fair fights. Don't cry now because you rolled on Shattered Hand (which has twice the Horde as Alliance) because you got to out-number alliance, but now you have to face cross-realm zones and actually experience world PVP.
85 Tauren Warrior
I will say dont play on PvP servers if you dont like being ganked.
But I dont gank and never have as it is a waste of time to me.
Its the people complaining about PvP, in any form, on PvP servers that need to put up or shut up. Either get off PvP realms, or accept what comes with being on them.
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Aedah
But, in such a case like that, I'd say the "Roll on PvE" point becomes a little more valid. If ganking was this bad and I hated PvP, I'd server hop, friends or not, simply because it IS getting ridiculous.

This comment is invalid because you said so.

If you comment saying "Shouldn't be on a PvP server" after reading this, consider your point invalid as I have completely made it clear that saying such a thing warrants no kind of validity and it is nothing more than a moronic comment made by moronic people whose lives are so pathetic that they spend their time attempting to justify their inexcusable, despicable behavior.
85 Tauren Druid
Just because you don't like the solution doesn't mean it is not a solution.
100 Human Paladin
Its the people complaining about PvP, in any form, on PvP servers that need to put up or shut up. Either get off PvP realms, or accept what comes with being on them.

Exactly!
98 Draenei Paladin
Blizzard has said several times that "ganking" isn't breaking any rules on a pvp server. If u don't want to risk being ganked you have to roll on a pve server

If you want fair pvp this isn't the right type of game to be playing at all
90 Draenei Priest
I am so sick of hearing this. There are, what seems like, hundreds of threads these past few weeks complaining about ganking being out of control. These posters make valid points, the response they get 90% of the time? "Roll on a PvE server, baddie."

I really want these morons to understand that a lot of the people complaining about the ganking situation do in fact like PvP, myself included. I like world PvP, BG's, and Arena, however, to me, world PvP is not about one-shotting players 50+ levels lower than yourself. To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Being level 20 and being camped by a level 90 is not what a PvP server is for, so telling someone to roll on a PvE server is the stupidest comment one can come up with. Only an inconsiderate, self-loathing moron would think that a PvP server is meant for such a purpose.

Here's an idea. Put up or shut up. If you really need to camp the Dark Portal, or camp low level quest givers to get your jolly's, maybe it is YOU that needs to get off the PvP server because you clearly have ZERO concept of what PvP is supposed to be. If you are so bloody wonderful, get into an Arena team and own!

Roll on a pve server.
90 Undead Warrior

Why? Everyone else here is paying $15 a month to play this game, so why can't they complain about aspects of the game they don't like?

You can always, you know, /ignore if it bothers you that much.
2 Gnome Warrior
like world PvP, BG's, and Arena, however, to me, world PvP is not about one-shotting players 50+ levels lower than yourself

That sucks for you because that is what World PvP is.

Roll on a PvE server.
100 Tauren Druid
The suggestion "Go play on a PvE server" will be a crappy suggestion at best until the day when they make package transfers. No way can I afford to pay $275 to move all my characters to another realm.
90 Human Paladin
Since vanilla I've heard about how tough pvp servers are and how lame and weak pve care bears are. Well guess what, there's real reasons people roll on pve servers. Pvp servers are notorious for pointless pvp (ppvp) like five on one or 20+level ganking. Along with massive and real faction imbalance, and there are some reasons that even someone who likes pvp would be better off on a real server.

If those imbalances are beginning to get to you...

Roll on a pve server.
91 Orc Shaman
Blizzard has said several times that "ganking" isn't breaking any rules on a PVP server. If you don't want to risk being ganked you have to roll on a PVE server.

^

Blues have also stated that on PVP servers you WILL encounter situations where the fighting just isn't going to be fair. Have I ganked? Yes. Have I been ganked before mercilessly? You better believe your !@# I have!

If you don't like it and don't want it to happen then you need to go to a PVE server where you can control when and where someone can attack you.
90 Human Death Knight
Finally someone called these guys out!!!

The sad part it most of the ganking is done by people from different servers so you can't even switch to a main and track their butt down. Thank you crz...

Honestly I would love to see a optional crz option under the interface. Turn it off when you are leveling or farming mats for professions. Turn it back on to go world pvp.

I don't know about you but I'm sick of getting ganked by people for another server entirely when I'm lvling a alt or competing with them for ore/herbs/etc.

Before you judge, I do like wpvp and I'm not entirely againsts ganking DEPENDING on the situation. Killing low lvl questers will never be acceptable. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
100 Draenei Monk
Roll on a PvE server.
85 Tauren Warrior

Why? Everyone else here is paying $15 a month to play this game, so why can't they complain about aspects of the game they don't like?

You can always, you know, /ignore if it bothers you that much.

because joining a PvP server then complaining about being killed is like joining a game of
paintball and then complaining that you are getting hit by paintballs. But yet you refuse to go play lazer tag instead and expect them to change paintball so only certain people can shoot at you.
Edited by Mursh on 12/12/2012 6:15 PM PST
75 Human Mage
. To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Arenas/Battlegrounds
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
What the hell do you want then? Blizzard allows this as apart of the PvP experience. You knew fully well that players could attack any other player without question. If you can't handle it, get friends. If you can't get friends, get your main. If you can't get your main, then guess what? You are not the type who should be on a PvP server.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]