"Roll on a PvE server"

13 Troll Mage

I have a hard time believing you can't group with people to get them to the same zone as you... I have never had a problem getting to the same zone as someone I'm grouped with.

When the majority tends to move against them, instead of admitting that their facts may simply be their opinion, some people fabricate experiences to prove their point.

They are losing ground swiftly now.

So to be clear, you have never experienced problems with CRZ, no one was ever loaded into a PVP server when they rolled on a PVE server when it launched, when you leave your alt and log back on you have never been put into another server due to change in population in that zone, you have never tried to get an alt to solve the problem and end up with them not there due to being loaded into a different server.

None of that has ever happened to you? I have read several people with problems like the above. Not to mention I don't have a problem with whats going on as much as i have a problem with it screwing up wPVP due to the way it works.
90 Undead Monk
12/12/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Judgernaught
To anyone considering quitting world of warcraft due to the massive increase in pvp due to cross realm zones

Try rolling on a pve server first.
90 Draenei Priest
Being on a pvp server back in the day is what forced me to level in desolace...because NO ONE ever leveled in desolace.
No one is trolling here. Pvp realms were pvp realms before cross realm zones. The ONLY thing that has changed is zones are populated again like they used to be years ago. It isn't Blizzard's responsibility to fix your mistakes.

And yet the same people complained that there wasn't any World PvP and that zones were dead... and so Blizzard does do something about it and gets zones more populated... and then they complain more.
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok you guys dont understand and that is fine. The point that is trying to be made here is as such;

Players are getting ganked by 90s and that's fine. You fly over see a lower level, you kill them and you fly off to go about your business. You may see them again and kill them again, once or twice more.

Although the issue is that people are not leaving it at this level, what is happening is. a level 90 sees a guy who is 50ish levels lower than him. Then this level 90 proceeds to kills him, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again 20, 30 times. This is excessive and does nothing but completely ruin the leveling experience for people.

The only true way to get to 90 in a reasonable amount of time is to grind dungeons, or roll PvE. The issue comes down to I want to experience leveling and PvP. I have nothing wrong with world PvP, I was a vanilla player and I remember the old days. Ganking happened in vanilla too, but not to the extent is is happening now.

The only reason I'm writing this post now is because I have seen a 2minute respawn timer myself for the past 20 minutes because some 90 mage with no gear is sitting on my corpse. lol, kill me once, twice, three, hell even four times but move on. I give you nothing, all you do is put me off playing the game for nothing.

TL;DR I thoroughly enjoy world PvP but Camping someones corpse that is 50 level lower than you for 2 hours is excessive. Kill them 3-5 times if you must and move on.

Define reasonable amount of time please. For example, share your lvl 90 toon and I wil be happy to compare the dates that you reached lvl 90 with mine, and lets see who hit 90 first.

I leveled by questing, not dungeons or BGs.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Stochastic
There absolutely is a warning and it has been on the character creation screen since launch. Regardless of that fact if you can't determine that you don't like pvp realms after leveling at least one character on one then I really don't know what to say that won't sound insulting or condescending.

We liked PvP realms for 6+ years, they were fine, had a nice balance of PvP without constant griefing. The experience changed vastly with CRZ, they are universes apart.

um...I don't know what game you were playing 6 years ago, but I remember in BC my server was horde control and getting my butt handed to me all the time. And I remember a lot of talk of ___ being the best server for alliance or ___ being the best server for horde. world pvp has never, EVER been balanced.

I imagine that right now, it's like when one faction looses a bg...i'm alliance, we start loosing a bg "THE ALLIANCE SUCK AT BG!", i'm horde we start loosing the bg "HORDE SUCK AT BG!"
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Stochastic
There absolutely is a warning and it has been on the character creation screen since launch. Regardless of that fact if you can't determine that you don't like pvp realms after leveling at least one character on one then I really don't know what to say that won't sound insulting or condescending.

We liked PvP realms for 6+ years, they were fine, had a nice balance of PvP without constant griefing. The experience changed vastly with CRZ, they are universes apart.

All the old posts about corpse camping, max level characters killing lowbies and people killing NPC's would disagree with you. Hell if the old forums were still up I'd be happy to find you some from vanilla.
90 Troll Mage
12/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Ellizza
So what you mean was... you were on the dominant faction of your server, and now that you actually face competition and danger, you're angry? Because that's pretty much what most of the arguments have amounted to.

I'm pretty sure the server has been pretty even for most of its history (granted, it had a slight horde bias that has become a slight alliance bias). There was always competition and danger, and that was fine; but that is now everywhere and way over the top, nothing like what it once was.
13 Troll Mage
12/12/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Ellizza

I'm with you on that, believe me.

I really hoping no one argues that, it is there. Granted its hard to understand exactly what it means when you are new, it should be pretty obvious pretty quick.
1 Undead Rogue
Bashiok, your point is well made.

I take exception to one thing you said though. You and Blizzard generally continue to state that "there are PvP solutions for PvP problems". However, with CRZ, I am not seeing cases where retaliation is either effective or even possible, even with overwhelming numbers in the revenge posse.

The problem is, it's ridiculous adding a cross-realm camper to a KoS list (which I assume you as CM cannot advocate anyways since it comes to close to harassment), and by the time the posse arrives to help, the offenders are usually long phased out anyways. There simply is no "fear" in players' heads that if they gank lowbies, SOMEBODY on the other side will remember that and get revenge later, if not imminently.

Why do you need revenge or a posse? Survival should be more than enough. Change your mindset from someone entitled to win against all odds, to one who is proud to frustrate said ganker by being hard to gank!
90 Blood Elf Priest
I could try to reword a previous post by Daxx, but I'll just link it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822467?page=5#85

The only thing I'd add to that is something I said over and over during BC when the big complaint was about Halaa: world PvP is not fair. We're not limiting who can do it, or in what amounts, and inherently some people will want to gank lower level players. Of course we later added areas like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which attempted to balance the sides, but outside of those, world PvP is inherently unfair. Whether factions are imbalanced, or it's just a coward looking to trounce lowbies and run at the sight of an even-leveled player, world PvP is not fair. We've got battlegrounds and arenas if you want matched fights, and you can level almost exclusively in battlegrounds all the way to 90 if you want to, or dungeons for that matter.

The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard. That doesn't change that they're working again as PvP realms. In most cases there's a solution to being ganked, whether it's calling on guildies or people from your faction, or escaping and hitting a different zone, BG, or dungeon for a while. We do have policies for very extreme cases when it crosses into [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy"]ongoing harassment[/url], but even being camped for hours is something everyone should be prepared for.

As it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

I like me some BGs, but leveling on PvP servers is just too frustrating. I've tried it, I hate it, and that's ok. It's not going to be for everyone.

Thank you for your response. Can you please forward some feedback from me please?

I'm an old goat, with my character having been created 8? years ago. World pvp has changed drastically from what it was years ago, in terms of both consequences (dishonourable kills) and availability (most end-game content was instanced... but the entrances were camped. This meant that someone could mess with you before you started doing the content you cared about, but while you were killing the mobs you needed to, in order to progress your character for pve, you were left alone).

Now that I know, after years of it not being this way, that the way it's currently working is intended, I'd like a more affordable way to bulk-transfer my characters to a PvE server please. It's not fair to change the rules so much, remove all consequences, and interrupt the gameplay that I want for something forced upon me, and expect me to be perfectly fine with it. I have about 5 or 6 characters that I would want to transfer over... and $150 seems very steep to not have the majority of my personal endgame content (dailies) interrupted again.

Thank you for forwarding my feedback =)

--------------------------------------
TLDR: I'd like a more affordable way to bulk-transfer my characters from a PvP server to a PvE server please.
90 Draenei Paladin

I have a hard time believing you can't group with people to get them to the same zone as you... I have never had a problem getting to the same zone as someone I'm grouped with.

When the majority tends to move against them, instead of admitting that their facts may simply be their opinion, some people fabricate experiences to prove their point.

They are losing ground swiftly now.

You have to be kidding, that's the best you can do? Call me a liar? My husband and I group quite often... I take my mage to him and port him around the world... I have no trouble getting to him and we always wind up together.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Xanzül
This is a discussion forum. I'm not here to glad hand and pander to people who post their opinions. If I disagree with someone I have every right to post and explain why. LIke I said before if you want a soapbox then take it to Facebook or a blog and let the adults continue discussing their differing views.

Best of luck to ya.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]