"Roll on a PvE server"

90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Ordaine
Before you judge, I do like wpvp and I'm not entirely againsts ganking DEPENDING on the situation. Killing low lvl questers will never be acceptable. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

That is the point I was attempting to make. I don't mind getting ganked now and then, but camping a level 15 quester is just inconsiderate. Sure, Blizz has said that World PvP will never be fair, but there is surely a limit. I mean seriously.

I'd also like to point out that every person that supports such activities has yet to explain WHY they feel it is right to gank and camp players so much lower in level. It doesn't grant honor so that can't be the reason. They cover up their actions by saying "Roll PvE" without giving any form of explanation for their actions. I think it is because they have no reason except to be a d**k.
90 Troll Mage
I am so sick of hearing this. There are, what seems like, hundreds of threads these past few weeks complaining about ganking being out of control. These posters make valid points, the response they get 90% of the time? "Roll on a PvE server, baddie."

I really want these morons to understand that a lot of the people complaining about the ganking situation do in fact like PvP, myself included. I like world PvP, BG's, and Arena, however, to me, world PvP is not about one-shotting players 50+ levels lower than yourself. To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Being level 20 and being camped by a level 90 is not what a PvP server is for, so telling someone to roll on a PvE server is the stupidest comment one can come up with. Only an inconsiderate, self-loathing moron would think that a PvP server is meant for such a purpose.

Here's an idea. Put up or shut up. If you really need to camp the Dark Portal, or camp low level quest givers to get your jolly's, maybe it is YOU that needs to get off the PvP server because you clearly have ZERO concept of what PvP is supposed to be. If you are so bloody wonderful, get into an Arena team and own!

If you comment saying "Shouldn't be on a PvP server" after reading this, consider your point invalid as I have completely made it clear that saying such a thing warrants no kind of validity and it is nothing more than a moronic comment made by moronic people whose lives are so pathetic that they spend their time attempting to justify their inexcusable, despicable behavior.

PvP = Player Vs Player. You can try as you might to redefine the meaning, but when your finished walking in your circle, you'll end up back where you started.
90 Worgen Death Knight
roll on a pve server... simple as that

dont wanna be ganked dont come to a pvp server

pvp is pvp it dont matter the lvl its still pvp
93 Blood Elf Warlock
"PvP"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/12/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Aedah
Before you judge, I do like wpvp and I'm not entirely againsts ganking DEPENDING on the situation. Killing low lvl questers will never be acceptable. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

That is the point I was attempting to make. I don't mind getting ganked now and then, but camping a level 15 quester is just inconsiderate. Sure, Blizz has said that World PvP will never be fair, but there is surely a limit. I mean seriously.

I'd also like to point out that every person that supports such activities has yet to explain WHY they feel it is right to gank and camp players so much lower in level. It doesn't grant honor so that can't be the reason. They cover up their actions by saying "Roll PvE" without giving any form of explanation for their actions. I think it is because they have no reason except to be a d**k.

its a simple reason u are the enemy our factions are at war what more do u need?

red=dead dont like it then leave qqing on the froums will get u no where
90 Undead Warrior

Why? Everyone else here is paying $15 a month to play this game, so why can't they complain about aspects of the game they don't like?

You can always, you know, /ignore if it bothers you that much.

because joining a PvP server then complaining about being killed is like joining a game of
paintball and then complaining that you are getting hit by paintballs. But yet you refuse to go play lazer tag instead and expect them to change paintball so only certain people can shoot at you.

A lvl 10 vs a lvl 90 is more like a pipsqueak with a paintball gun versus a player in an abrams tank.

There are players who think Blizz should change nothing about current world PvP gameplay, with good reasons, and I respect those. (Any player saying go join a carebear server and cry some more is obviously excluded.) They can make their opinions on these forums freely.

There are players who think Blizz should add in some kind of DHK punishment system, or perhaps just think the ganking is excessive without coming up with solutions for it, with good reasons, and I respect those as well. They can make their opinions on these forums freely as well.
90 Draenei Paladin
Blizzard already told you all that this world PvP you are experiencing is and always has been intended... they know there are people who love killing lowbies... the warning and challenge of leveling on a PvP server is because of the gankers.

You signed on to a server where you are flagged all the time, and when you step out into the big world there are lots of people out there who want to kill you... it's war. You volunteered to fight in that war. You might not be ready and you might not be the soldier you thought you were.

Your complete stubborness about not leaving the server is the same stubborness that causes you to keep running out where that lvl 90 is killing you.... you think Blizzard should come to your rescue.

Day after day you all come here demanding that Blizzard completely change what rolling on a PvP server means... you have completely no regard for those who rolled there for the challenge.
I play on PvE server because I don't like being ganked.

However, it's part and parcel with being on a PvP server. People could gank you before CRZ. Oh no, you actually have a chance of being ganked even when you're on the dominant faction of your PvP server. Poor you.

Seriously, roll on a PvE server. There, you can choose when/where you PvP, because from your words, that's what you want. You don't want the danger and vulnerability of being on a PvP server. So go PvE, and you can flag when you want or do arenas/battlegrounds.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Still not hearing anyone coming out with a solid reason for ganking lowbies that are minding their own business. Just because it is PvP doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to fellow players. Your point is invalid until someone gives me a solid reason why it is okay to camp a level 10 when you're level 90. And....go!
Free PVP ----> PVE should have been provided when crz. Honest thing to do imo
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I should also mention that I rarely get ganked as I don't level low toons anymore. It makes me angry to see others leveling, getting camped, asking for help, and getting none. It's just rude, plain and simple.
12/12/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Aedah
Still not hearing anyone coming out with a solid reason for ganking lowbies that are minding their own business. Just because it is PvP doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to fellow players. Your point is invalid until someone gives me a solid reason why it is okay to camp a level 10 when you're level 90. And....go!

Because red = dead, that's why.

It doesn't matter that they're level 12, and I'm level 85. They're the enemy.

And actually, Blizzard has said that being on a pvp server DOES give you the right to kill them, if they're flagged, no matter what the level difference.

If you don't like it, get some buddies to kick their behind, get your main and do it yourself, or roll pve.
90 Undead Warrior
12/12/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Hollowchld

its a simple reason u are the enemy our factions are at war what more do u need?

red=dead dont like it then leave qqing on the froums will get u no where

WoW is first and foremost a ... video game. If you make the game unfun for others, and cause them to unsub, then the $15 per month lost revenue will hurt Blizz, and by extension, all of us players.
90 Night Elf Druid
Ganking, corpse camping and killing lowbies are all explicitly permitted by blizzard, if you don't like it roll on a pve server.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For the record, I never said that Blizzard should change the PvP servers. I am saying that people, HUMAN BEINGS, should take others into consideration before camping a level 10 player for 2 hours. It is just respectful. Why do people need to make it being a PvP server a reason to be rude, ignorant, and despicable?
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
WoW is first and foremost a ... video game. If you make the game unfun for others, and cause them to unsub, then the $15 per month lost revenue will hurt Blizz, and by extension, all of us players.

However, Blizzard created rulesets for different realms. PvE, PvP, and RP.

We have options available to us. A PvP realm is one where you will get killed. Perhaps repeatedly. If that's not what you're after, there are other rulesets available.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL, some people need to learn how to read. No one has yet given an answer as to why they find this amusing? The answer is simple, you lack something in your life so you feel the need to abuse others via video game.
90 Night Elf Druid

Because this is world of warcraft, not world of give the enemy quarter, fight with honor and respect the enemy. And if you play on a pvp server then you get to deal with everyone who likes committing what would be war crimes.
Edited by Ziryus on 12/12/2012 6:33 PM PST
60 Undead Rogue
I've been engaging in world pvp on Hellfire Peninsula for the first time in what seems like forever. There is a flipside to the fun though. I have no idea why, but at any given time there are at least 20 Alliance 90s doing nothing but killing every lowbie they can find. Over and over and over and over and over again. Even as a rogue, it seems 90s can see through my stealth from half the map away and I spend more time corpse running that I do anything else. I have nothing but pity for those who don't have stealth. You cannot escape them. Getting on your flying mount and flying up high just means they will dismount and one shot you mid air before falling to their death too. Last night, around a dozen Alliance 90s took over Thrallmar for an hour.

I understand the whole "it's pvp, get over it" attitude. But pvp should never be ganking without end. I don't know what, if anything, should be done. But what is happening no is ridiculous and unacceptable in my humble opinion.

That's why World of Warcraft has PvE servers.

Believe me, I've played on PvP servers. I've leveled on PvP servers. I have been the person annoyed, frustrated, and cussing at my computer screen because that level 70 has been camping me on my level 18 for the past half hour.

However, that's the nature of PvP servers. That's what your guild is for. If you're being camped and your guild won't help you, get a new guild. That's the one thing I loved about PvP servers I've played on (and I've played on several) -- the guilds I was in were far more close knit than on PvE servers, because you needed each other.

However, ganking/camping are the main reason I play on PvE servers now. I got tired of it. I didn't mind as MUCH being killed at max level, but I hated being a lowbie and getting killed. So I took that possibility out of the equation.

What I didn't do was blame something that wasn't at fault for the behavior. I understood that red = dead.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]