"Roll on a PvE server"

85 Orc Warlock
12/12/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Aedah
The thing is, they don't have to come up with any reason other than you are the enemy. You rolling on a PvP server when you don't like being flagged? Now that is what I would be more interested in seeing an answer to.

Here is your answer. I rolled on this server because my boyfriend was already on this server. I made friends and re-rolling isn't possible in order to keep said friends. Also, as I believe I clearly stated, I like being on a PvP server, I even like World PvP. My issue is with those who choose to make it un-enjoyable.

Hate to break it to you, but most Wpvp starts from ganking.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Cocoa, that was one example. There are many other places, like the entire K2 area. Good luck even stepping foot in that town.

Blizz implemented higher level guards for a reason. Maybe they should make the guards able to one shot a 90, because seriously, taking over an entire town for weeks at a time...stupid.
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Aedah
I'd also like to point out that every person that supports such activities has yet to explain WHY they feel it is right to gank and camp players so much lower in level. It doesn't grant honor so that can't be the reason. They cover up their actions by saying "Roll PvE" without giving any form of explanation for their actions. I think it is because they have no reason except to be a d**k.

In their minds, "red is dead" fully justifies their actions. In their mind, its a free card to kill whomever they please regardless of level and skill. HOWEVER as I said before, just because you can doesn't mean you should. IE don't be a !#!@!%*@ and kill someone a fraction of your lvl.
90 Undead Warrior
Imma assume that this is about the DHK talk.

PVP server is supposed to be risky due to the fact its player vs player.

If you only pvp for BGs, and Arenas, then it doesn't really matter what you pick. If you hate world pvp and the risk of ganking, then PVE servers are right for you.

Will you bads quit trying to get blizz re-implement DHK? This was the worst system blizzard has ever implemented in Vanilla. If it ever returns in any way, shape, or form, i'm unsubbing this game.

Just because it failed in Vanilla, doesn't mean it will fail in MoP+CRZ. And there are many flavors of possible DHK penalties to choose from.

It is a tricky thing, though, that much I will agree with. How do you implement it in a way to only modestly reduce casual ganking and focus it on real corpse camping? How do you implement it in a way that doesn't encourage douchbaggery like surrounding your main with lowbies on /follow, and baiting other players? I think there are ways it could be done well, with a bit of tuning... I also think the option of leaving things as is, is fine as well.
90 Gnome Mage

You should have complained about it repeatedly and then tried to make up reasons to fit your world view.

Actually, I did both those things. But then I realized that nobody cared, because the solution to my problem was staring me in the face, & I was too dumb & too self-centered to see it.

Just can't help thinking this concept might help some others, too.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
12/12/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Aedah
because seriously, taking over an entire town for weeks at a time...stupid.

My god man, Tarren Mill vrs South Shore battles were the most awesome world PVP ever.

Specially if one side can hold a town, with the guards and NPCs respawning.

I can't believe you forgot.
90 Undead Warrior
12/12/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Rubedo

My point, right there.

But you have to realize, those people paid $15US to enjoy themselves, and they must be thoroughly enjoying ganking lowbies to keep doing it.

That's all the reason really, people doing what they enjoy.

No debate on that point. Blizz might object if the enjoyment of a few paying $15 a month leads to the dismay and unsubscription of a larger group paying $15 a month. /shrug
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've considered re-rolling to a PvE server, but that involves leaving friends and leaving my amazing guild where I am an officer. I am not willing to just drop my in-game responsibilities. Sure, it is just A GAME, but when I am logged in and I take on a responsibility, I stick to it.

I am not sure how many more times I can say this. World PvP and ganking is not the issue. Chronic ganking, corpse camping, and taking over entire towns for days or weeks...THAT is the issue.
90 Undead Death Knight
Just because it failed in Vanilla, doesn't mean it will fail in MoP+CRZ. And there are many flavors of possible DHK penalties to choose from.

In a pvp server, I fight players. If its red, its dead. Simple. I like MoP, and I really don't know whats wrong with CRZ, except for node challenges and some bugs. But Dishonorable kills, if you get pvp penalties for pvp, I am serious about quitting. Age of Conan was ruined for me when they added this. I also didn't like Lineage 2 for one of these reasons.

It is a tricky thing, though, that much I will agree with. How do you implement it in a way to only modestly reduce casual ganking and focus it on real corpse camping? How do you implement it in a way that doesn't encourage douchbaggery like surrounding your main with lowbies on /follow, and baiting other players? I think there are ways it could be done well, with a bit of tuning... I also think the option of leaving things as is, is fine as well.

That's mankind. Cant really be perfect and not be a douchebag ganking. Even if there are restrictions. Its either that there are no restrictions that people will cry about it to be implemented, and there are restrictions that urge people to quit.
90 Orc Monk
Quoting what may be the best blue post ever:

This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.

-Daxxarri

Now if we can just get a blue to say "Roll on a PvE Server NOOB" we won't have to actually respond to these threads anymore.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Aedah
If you comment saying "Shouldn't be on a PvP server" after reading this, consider your point invalid as I have completely made it clear that saying such a thing warrants no kind of validity and it is nothing more than a moronic comment made by moronic people whose lives are so pathetic that they spend their time attempting to justify their inexcusable, despicable behavior.

So you want to whine about it, and then declare any opposing POV as invalid?

Excellent debate tactic, I suppose.

Here's a newsflash though. Ganking isn't new. It's been around since the servers opened and around since WoW went live.

Here's a reminder of ganking in day's gone by:

http://liquidcode.org/~lostman/wow/dkeserver.se/stuff/angwe/

Warning, adult language in link. People didn't' like getting ganked back then either.
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Doomclan
And then you get others like me who joined the server years ago, not knowing anything about differences between server types, and don't want to pay for a server change.

That's your fault for not reading the explanations (and yes, they were there).
90 Undead Death Knight
this thread makes me want to gank
10 Undead Rogue
@Cocoa, that was one example. There are many other places, like the entire K2 area. Good luck even stepping foot in that town.

Blizz implemented higher level guards for a reason. Maybe they should make the guards able to one shot a 90, because seriously, taking over an entire town for weeks at a time...stupid.

Actually, they plan to remove those high level guards, because they want to encourage world PVP and the raiding of cities - But only on PVP realms. Again, reroll PVE.

Source:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/05/tom-chilton-on-the-future-of-pvp-in-mists-of-pandaria/#continued
55 Dwarf Death Knight
The thing is, they don't have to come up with any reason other than you are the enemy. You rolling on a PvP server when you don't like being flagged? Now that is what I would be more interested in seeing an answer to.

Here is your answer. I rolled on this server because my boyfriend was already on this server. I made friends and re-rolling isn't possible in order to keep said friends.

Wow, so all the rules should change because you didn't know what server your boyfriend joined? BTW, you can keep your friends via battlenet id and still group with them as usual.

Also, as I believe I clearly stated, I like being on a PvP server, I even like World PvP. My issue is with those who choose to make it un-enjoyable.

You mean you don't like those who like the current rules as they are.
Edited by Cabal on 12/12/2012 6:53 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
What's funny here is the fact that people keep talking how PvP realms should be like this, how it is a harsh reality, a nature of PvP servers, get over it and and such and such. Does anyone actually love being ganked? Wouldn't you prefer leveling without 90s one shotting you? Is it a part of masochistic excitement?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]