"Roll on a PvE server"

90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/12/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Hollowchld
this thread makes me want to gank

you talk and you talk, but you have no guramba!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No one ever likes getting ganked. But seriously, this game is huge, there is always something to do. Why spend 4 hours camping a portal, or quest giver? It's relentless and honestly, it gets taken way too far.
90 Orc Monk
I am not sure how many more times I can say this. World PvP and ganking is not the issue. Chronic ganking, corpse camping, and taking over entire towns for days or weeks...THAT is the issue.

I agree, we need more of that.
I've considered re-rolling to a PvE server, but that involves leaving friends and leaving my amazing guild where I am an officer. I am not willing to just drop my in-game responsibilities. Sure, it is just A GAME, but when I am logged in and I take on a responsibility, I stick to it.

I am not sure how many more times I can say this. World PvP and ganking is not the issue. Chronic ganking, corpse camping, and taking over entire towns for days or weeks...THAT is the issue.

So... you're choosing, yes choosing, to stay on a pvp server.

Personally, I've only ganked a few times. Most times were because I was flagged running through someplace and some lowbie tried attacking me. I would laugh while I dodged their attacks and then one shot them and move along.

My fun on pvp servers was scaring lowbies, not killing them. On my druid, i would go cat and stealth around, following them, and walk over them so I knew they'd catch a glimpse of me, maybe hear the 'woooo' sound of stealth and watch them freak out, waiting for the gank... but never gank them.

However, you choose your server. Most people on pvp servers have gotten ganked at least once before having multiple max level toons. So they know the deal. And they choose to continue leveling multiple toons on those servers. They CHOOSE to stay in an environment where they're at risk once they're out of the major cities and starting zones.

I don't feel any sympathy for the plight. Sorry.
90 Gnome Mage
12/12/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Aedah
I am not willing to just drop my in-game responsibilities.

I'm terribly not sorry to say this, but .... when you start talking about your "responsibilities" in-game, you're doing it wrong.

The only person to whom you're ultimately responsible is you. You gotta do what's going to make this game fun & enjoyable for you -- not for anyone else. Because they're not living your life, & they're not paying your subscription fee.

So, in essence, your "in-game responsibilities" are a terrible excuse for sticking with Gank Central.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Aedah
Why spend 4 hours camping a portal, or quest giver?

Because Blizzard allows them to.
12/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Xanzül
The suggestion "Go play on a PvE server" will be a crappy suggestion at best until the day when they make package transfers. No way can I afford to pay $275 to move all my characters to another realm.

I really have to question the intelligence of those who continually make new characters on a realm they clearly don't like.

That's my thought too.

"I don't like being ganked, and I know I'm going to be ganked by high level toons. So I guess I'll level more toons and then complain about it later, because it'll cost me lots of money to transfer all my high level toons"

What?
I am so sick of hearing this. There are, what seems like, hundreds of threads these past few weeks complaining about ganking being out of control. These posters make valid points, the response they get 90% of the time? "Roll on a PvE server, baddie."

Post on the pvp forum then.
90 Undead Warrior

Why? Everyone else here is paying $15 a month to play this game, so why can't they complain about aspects of the game they don't like?

You can always, you know, /ignore if it bothers you that much.

The people who enjoy pvp on pvp realms pay a subscription too and have just as much right to explain why they don't want pve carebears like you to ruin what they consider fun and what Blizzard intended for that rule set.

And did I claim otherwise, or is that just you trolling again? Complain away, about the complainers. Everyone has a right to complain. Everyone has a right to complain about complaints. And so on and so forth. That's internet forums for you.

Go ahead and call me a pve carebear, I don't care. Look at what realm I play on. Look at what realm my lowbie alts play on. Look at my gear for crying out loud.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am done with this. Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for. I did not want the SAME CRAP that has been threading for weeks. All I wanted was to point out that camping lowbies or killing someone who's screen hasn't even loaded yet is a cheap, skill-less version of the PvP you all claim to adore so much.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't be angry if you leveled a new toon and had no choice but to log out and not return to leveling for weeks because the Alliance has taken the town you are resting in hostage.

I'm done bickering with people who fail to understand the words written in front of them.
90 Human Mage
I agree, we need more of that.

That's disruption of gameplay.
55 Goblin Death Knight
Roll on a PvE server.

Seriously. I like ganking and being ganked so I play on a PvP server.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]