"Roll on a PvE server"

100 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Valius
They should warn players when choosing a realm on a PVP server.

I wonder why they didn't think of that.... it should go something like this:

PvP Player Versus Player

For players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.
Community Manager
I could try to reword a previous post by Daxx, but I'll just link it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822467?page=5#85

The only thing I'd add to that is something I said over and over during BC when the big complaint was about Halaa: world PvP is not fair. We're not limiting who can do it, or in what amounts, and inherently some people will want to gank lower level players. Of course we later added areas like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which attempted to balance the sides, but outside of those, world PvP is inherently unfair. Whether factions are imbalanced, or it's just a coward looking to trounce lowbies and run at the sight of an even-leveled player, world PvP is not fair. We've got battlegrounds and arenas if you want matched fights, and you can level almost exclusively in battlegrounds all the way to 90 if you want to, or dungeons for that matter.

The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard. That doesn't change that they're working again as PvP realms. In most cases there's a solution to being ganked, whether it's calling on guildies or people from your faction, or escaping and hitting a different zone, BG, or dungeon for a while. We do have policies for very extreme cases when it crosses into ongoing harassment, but even being camped for hours is something everyone should be prepared for.

As it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

I like me some BGs, but leveling on PvP servers is just too frustrating. I've tried it, I hate it, and that's ok. It's not going to be for everyone.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am done with this. Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for. I did not want the SAME CRAP that has been threading for weeks. All I wanted was to point out that camping lowbies or killing someone who's screen hasn't even loaded yet is a cheap, skill-less version of the PvP you all claim to adore so much.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't be angry if you leveled a new toon and had no choice but to log out and not return to leveling for weeks because the Alliance has taken the town you are resting in hostage.

I'm done bickering with people who fail to understand the words written in front of them.
Wow. so quick to label people when they disagree with you. at least you didnt call us trolls. instead, we're just dumb.
85 Orc Warlock
[
PvP Player Versus Player

For players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.
[/quote]

TL:DR
90 Human Mage
@OP

if you enjoy world PvP then go get your main, not that hard... Or Roll on a PvE server
Wasn't Wow only going to allow PVP when you're within 5 levels of your opponent at one time? I want to say it was even in my game manual from the CE.
90 Worgen Warlock
12/12/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Tyburn
Wasn't Wow only going to allow PVP when you're within 5 levels of your opponent at one time? I want to say it was even in my game manual from the CE.

I recall someone saying that Dishonorable Kills had been in the manual, but then that they scrubbed it in the early stages because it was horrible.
90 Human Mage
They should warn players when choosing a realm on a PVP server.

Xanzul do you even know what I quoted or are you going to just link something for the sake of arguing.

They do warn players and have since the game launched 8 years ago. I know what I quoted from you because you stated killing npcs and taking over towns is disruption of game play on pvp realms. I linked the policy that explicitly states you are wrong.

I disagree with that notion and you're welcome to spam it as much as you wish but when people leave those PVP servers don't come complaining how the realms are empty.

I mean as a tooltip when they choose to go on a PVP Realm in front of them so they're warned ahead of time and...new players. I know what to expect but others..may not or even new players.
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Aedah
To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

You know what? So do I. And you know what I found?

That's available on PvE servers. Futhermore you can even flag yourself for some World PvP IF YOU WISH. it happens on my realm all the time in Krasarang Wilds.

Except no one there can go camp lowbies.

In short: Roll on a PvE realm. It's not trolling, it's a legitimate answer.
90 Draenei Priest

They do warn players and have since the game launched 8 years ago. I know what I quoted from you because you stated killing npcs and taking over towns is disruption of game play on pvp realms. I linked the policy that explicitly states you are wrong.

I disagree with that notion and you're welcome to spam it as much as you wish but when people leave those PVP servers don't come complaining how the realms are empty.

I mean as a tooltip when they choose to go on a PVP Realm in front of them so they're warned ahead of time and...new players. I know what to expect but others..may not or even new players.

They do, what else do you want?
A blizzard employee to call you up and warn you?
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Valius

Can't new players read? Is that such an unreasonable expectation nowadays?
92 Troll Mage
12/12/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
As it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

The thing is, it really *isn't* how PvP servers have worked in practice since launch. For the past 6+ years we have been rolling characters on PvP servers based on the PvP server experience - but with the institution of CRZ, that experience changed dramatically. There is *no way* I'd have created 11 alts on a PvP server if I had known the post-CRZ griefing spree was coming, but alas, they were created when PvP servers were fun and balanced and the griefing was at a moderate level.

Its fine that PvP servers are what they are now for those who desire this newfangled hyper-hardcore environment, but transfers are expensive for a whole server full of alts, and the types of blue responses we are getting make it kinda feel like a cash grab (i.e., working as intended, pay us $200+ to transfer if you don't like the new PvP padagrim). I feel like this would be a whole lot less of an issue if we were offered once off free PvP->PvE transfers for all characters and also guilds as a result of the change; that way only the people who want to be on the new PvP servers will be there and there will be no reason for people to complain about ganking/griefing.
90 Undead Warrior
Bashiok, your point is well made.

I take exception to one thing you said though. You and Blizzard generally continue to state that "there are PvP solutions for PvP problems". However, with CRZ, I am not seeing cases where retaliation is either effective or even possible, even with overwhelming numbers in the revenge posse.

The problem is, it's ridiculous adding a cross-realm camper to a KoS list (which I assume you as CM cannot advocate anyways since it comes to close to harassment), and by the time the posse arrives to help, the offenders are usually long phased out anyways. There simply is no "fear" in players' heads that if they gank lowbies, SOMEBODY on the other side will remember that and get revenge later, if not imminently.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]