Favourite and least favourite healer?

90 Tauren Druid
There's one of these over on the healing forums about tanks and thought it would be fun to have one here. So, which is your favourite class of healer when LFG pings, who are you most, and least happy to see?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I prefer pally and shaman healers just because symbiosis is decent with them.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
The kind where I don't die when I pull the bottom half the monastery because they don't heal me for 5 seconds at a time.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Disc.

Bone Shield plus Blood Shied plus Power Word Shield is hilarious, particularly against voodoo dolls.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Most favorite: Druids, hots let me run around, out-of-range and LoS more.
Least favorite: Disc, because they're completely and utterly useless and, strangely, usually bad players in general.

I never look at group comp anyway, I just pull stuff and kill stuff until I get my satchel. I usually go from start to finish without checking my party frames or even caring who is with me.

I could be totally alone and probably wouldn't notice it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Druids that don't now they have direct heals
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/13/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Zionic
Disc, because they're completely and utterly useless and, strangely, usually bad players in general.

No they aren't lol

personally i love disc priests and resto shammys are my 2 favs :)

least fav

pallys and druids.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
i like disc priests in rdf because i dont need much healing, and the speed boost from the shield (if they arent speccd for it they are bad, lol) can speed up dungeons a bit, especially movement fights

in raids...no prefference. if i dont die, i dont care.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I like pally

I don't like holy priests
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
For dungeons, on my warrior, I prefer priest. Especially if they throw down those little angel feathers that make me run faster in-between pulls. Druids are a close second. On my Paladin, I prefer shadow priests. Because that is all the healing I need That or disc. Something that can DPS, and heal on the rare occasion its needed.
Reply Quote
49 Pandaren Monk
I never look at group comp anyway, I just pull stuff and kill stuff until I get my satchel. I usually go from start to finish without checking my party frames or even caring who is with me.

Part of being a tank is awareness. If a healer for example is out of mana, it's the healer's duty to ask for a mana break, BUT, it's also the tank's duty to keep an eye on his healer's mana. Same awareness goes for checking if the healer is in a LoS, etc ...

edit : I'm a DK Tank and I cringe at monk healers ... Just awfull those monks I've played with :S, I like holy priests though. Never go below 70% with a holy by my side :3
Edited by Pandawashu on 12/13/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I like me healing me..

I personally don't care, i'm kinda in the same boat as Demo.. i don't care what kind of healer i have, as long as they can heal.

Same goes when i'm DPSing or Healing.. I don't care what tank i have, as long as they know wtf they are doing and don't face plant in between heals
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Snach
Disc, because they're completely and utterly useless and, strangely, usually bad players in general.

No they aren't lol

It's not that Disc itself is bad (it's great in the right hands).

It's more that very few people actually seem to be able to play it properly.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
12/13/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Fabulosity

No they aren't lol

It's not that Disc itself is bad (it's great in the right hands).

It's more that very few people actually seem to be able to play it properly.

Seems like frost mage/bm hunter syndrome (cata, anyway, I can't think of a good example of a dead spec in mop), sure it CAN be good, but most of the people who are good were smart enough to play a better spec
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah Disc isn't like that at all, it's actually amazing.

It's more that most people don't seem to understand that half the point of the spec is to absorb damage before it happens, then they wonder why they're having trouble because they waited for the whole group to be on 20% hp before they decided to think about doing something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/13/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Seems like frost mage/bm hunter syndrome (cata, anyway, I can't think of a good example of a dead spec in mop), sure it CAN be good, but most of the people who are good were smart enough to play a better spec

Actually Demo due to the buffs disc has gotton it is the no.1 healing spec in the game right now it like out performs every other spec for just raw healing cd's mana management the lot by massive margins the problem lies is Disc is not the "Traditional healing model" it is more based off shielding teh target building up the shields before the damage happens then healing up the reamaining damage afetr woulds most people are reactionary with it and don't anticipate the damage hence they suck with it is not like other healing specs that are reactionary based it is pre-emptive based.

Ps don't belive how strong it is go ask the healing forums and tell them that disc is a bad spec aka like catas frost mage and Bm hunters and watch as they laugh at you lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Shaman.

Dat 10% health bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Favorite: Healers that can keep me alive if I screw up.

Least favorite: Healers that can only keep me alive if I play at my best or who let me die anyways when I don't screw it up.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
My favorite is pally healers because they keep me from having to shard all that healer plate.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok soooo my most favorite is a toss up between druids and priests (i have no idea which spec of priest, i can't tell which from their abilities although I probably should)

Priests would probably edge out the druids because then i don't have to share symbiosis..buahaha...

I have no idea about monks...I haven't seen too many MW so no comment.

Pallies and shamans...I don't like the classes where it's more "mana effecient" to wait until I'm at 60% health before they start healing me up. I find that unacceptable...and as a tank with a self heal I have no need to wait for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]