A New Main

40 Troll Mage
My account got hacked and I retrieve one toon, because I couldn't remeber anything, and it came with no iteams, cash,ect. I need to make a main, but I am at a crossroad and can't decide, so maybe you could help me out? first, I know it doesn't matter, but what faction is your favorite and why?

•Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet?

It doesn't matter, as long as my major damage doesn't go through my pet.

•Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor?

Bulk, I want to look awesome!

•What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you!

When i played before I really liked mana classes, I have never played a rouge, warrior, palidain.

•Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?

Never tried being a healer I only did DPS, maybe I should switch it up. To answer the question I would love to be able to heal myself, and others.

•Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces?

I use to only attack from a distance, I hate rouges!

•Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat?

I would say both, but in the end I would my victims to know i killed them. Hahaha not really an answer.

•Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe?

Well in instances I don't think I would want to be a healer, IDK is it fun or hard? For battlegrounds I like fighting.

•Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet?

On my own.

•Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already?

I like the caster classes, umI want a cass that has a lot of damage spells or buffs that make you imposible to kill. ( I can wish) The problem I had with warlocks and hunters is they had a lot of pet or demon spells and I really didn't care about them.

•Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history.

Maybe if I got borde I'd read the lore.

•Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to).

No I play pvp

•Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down.

I like the alliance's races more, but I have only played the horde because I know whereto go and all my family plays or played horde, so that isall I know. Aliiance has the more younger players and I'm not old, but I don't want to play with a bunch 12 year olds.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I would say go for a shaman or paladin. Both have healing and DPS specs if you want to give healing a shot, both are mana classes, mail and plate armor respectively, neither relies on a pet much. Both have their fair share of utility buttons for different situations.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Same recommendations here, along with mage for another ranged badda-boom option -- there's a lot of awesome-looking cloth and only Frost uses a pet, but you have to glyph for a self-heal. If you can play the class pretty well though, you'll rarely ever need it. And you can sheep and freeze rogues with extreme prejudice :D

The Alliance definitely isn't just a bunch of prepubescents any more than the Horde is just a bunch of old farts. Both factions have their share of mature and immature people. However, I don't do a lot of group activities like PvP and extensive raiding, and always /leave Trade so I don't have to see the chat garbage -- but I do join LFD a lot, and can say that I've felt the same way, that sometimes the Horde groups seem less bratty, less often, than the Alliance groups. Hasn't really stopped me from wanting to play my Alliance toons though.

As far as faction, I'm Horde at heart, but mainly play the races I like rather than the faction, so I have a few tauren, trolls, and worgen, along with a sprinkling of others (goblin here, human there).
Reply Quote
77 Orc Hunter
Contact customer support. They can often restore a toon and it's gear.
Reply Quote
40 Troll Mage
I tried it wouldn't work.
Reply Quote
Shaman or druid. Both have ranged dps as well as healing specs and are good in pvp. Druid probably a little more, plus druids can stealth if you want to try that. And both tend to look really cool with some of the nicest armor in the game (druid is leather and shaman is mail).

Good luck!
Edited by Hylt on 12/13/2012 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]