Some threw in the towel too quick(MW)

100 Pandaren Monk
I mean the nerfs hurt but we arent terrible.Lol at least not yet.I feel like some ppl just jump ship really quick.Also why do some disc priest think they arent OP?
Reply Quote
The only thing I feel monks need to be "viable" is soothing mists 30% proc rate for chi to 35%.

Currently, we are not worth bringing into raids.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/13/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Shortykungfu
I mean the nerfs hurt but we arent terrible.

No, we're not "terrible" but unless a guild is in dire need of raid healers there's currently no reason to add a mistweaver to your regular raiding healer roster. We have to work harder to keep the raid afloat and we bring nothing to the table to make up for it. It's like you're in a boat and choosing between oars and an engine....both will get you to where you want to go, but why pick the lesser of two options?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/13/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Drogaan
I mean the nerfs hurt but we arent terrible.

No, we're not "terrible" but unless a guild is in dire need of raid healers there's currently no reason to add a mistweaver to your regular raiding healer roster. We have to work harder to keep the raid afloat and we bring nothing to the table to make up for it. It's like you're in a boat and choosing between oars and an engine....both will get you to where you want to go, but why pick the lesser of two options?

you talkin 25m or raid period?
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Shortykungfu

you talkin 25m or raid period?

In either format other healers are more reliable than monks.
Reply Quote
Aye I believe people are throwing in the towel to soon, I actually did too when the nerf first hit. But after a few bgs nd a couple arenas I adapt'd and after awhile I took what I learned from pvp and applied it to pve, low and behold it translated well save for a few minor problems.

Minor problems being in fights that would otherwise be survival fights, such as the stone guard or elegon. I find myself oom 30-40% of the fight through.
Reply Quote
A good tip is leave ReM off cd usage. Use it only when theres a fair amount of inc dmg expected, and cast it on the target taking the most dmg first.

Also use chi wave for 10ms - its 10k dmg bounce will also heal thanks to eminence.
Reply Quote
A good tip is leave ReM off cd usage. Use it only when theres a fair amount of inc dmg expected, and cast it on the target taking the most dmg first.

Also use chi wave for 10ms - its 10k dmg bounce will also heal thanks to eminence.
FALSE, it's 10k damage bounce does not heal.

Eminence only heals for spells that don't already heal.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Flutterdash

FALSE

My eminence gets extra heals from my spinning crane kick, which was modified for healers to also give heals.

your right though chi wave, just tested it in a bg.
Edited by Daiyoukai on 12/13/2012 11:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Daiyoukai

FALSE

My eminence gets extra heals from my spinning crane kick, which was modified for healers to also give heals.

your right though chi wave, just tested it in a bg.

Please test again, I believe you made an error, I just tested it right now, there's no heals from eminence with SCK, you might be getting 1-2 auto attacks off before you cast SCK again, that might account for the eminence healing that you saw.
Reply Quote
No no, the chi wave thing doesn't work anymore. It did, but not anymore.

As for SCK it works for me, I've used it for aoe heals on fights where we're spread out but enough opponents exist near me. trust me the eminence does work, or I wouldn't use it as an aoe heal, nd I'd be right here beside you complaining we have no good Aoe heals.
Edited by Daiyoukai on 12/13/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
test'd a 3rd time.

all tests prove negative.

I'm at a lose for words, ir worked at the beginning of the month. I hadn't really tested either of em since then 100%

Dammit this means I gotta do another week in bgs to adapt.
Edited by Daiyoukai on 12/13/2012 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
heres the way I tested it, Go into a random and use SCK away from the party with your statue in the party

It'll show you eminence does gain frommost source of your damage, it'd be just daffy if it didn't work on our only AOE dmg spell... well as Mws anyway.

p.s

sorry my sentence structure is off today I start on the bottle a wee bit early
My main point is : did you have serpent's zeal active?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]