What's the 'easiest' healer right now?

disc priest poh heals for more than holy priest poh.

a badly played disc priest is probably better than other healers.

o_O...are you talking about raw healing or are you counting the healing + absorb on the 25% aegis as well...?

25% ? After raid buffs, it's like 75%.

but yea heal + shield = 45k or so, vs 35k or something for holy in same gear I believe. Based off my 471 Ilvl priest.
Edited by Flutterdash on 12/14/2012 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yeah..I wasn't counting the shield. Because in dungeons, you just need to POH AFTER somebody steps in bad and gets hit. For that, Holy is probably better with a POH-COH burst.
And I meant 50%...@_@ keep forgetting the hotfix buff.
Edited by Zamboozle on 12/14/2012 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah..I wasn't counting the shield. Because in dungeons, you just need to POH AFTER somebody steps in bad and gets hit. For that, Holy is probably better with a POH-COH burst.
hit poh every encounter, you won't run oom, and everyone will be alive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/14/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Poena
For now, prediction is required, but only because of mana being a problem. By next tier, unless they fights increase in length I'll be able to spam it all fight long. At that point, I'll need to put it on several keys so as not to wear my keyboard out.

Newest idea for my bartender. Every possible button linked to PoH, covering every inch of the screen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That's assuming you aren't just lolsmiting to victory... seriously penance[harm] is spot healing heaven. Also, if you need to get people back up, disc poh aint half bad. Ya gotta figure in the effective hp you're giving your targets. 50k in a refreshable shield is just as good as 50k more hp in their health bar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Pfffft I don't even do heroics or dungeons anymore >.>

But for an entry priest, I'm not sure atonement is enough to keep the dungeon running smoothly. Me? I just smite my way through...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow, didn't really expect this to turn into battle of the priests. lol There's been a lot of good advice here, and I'm glad at least one person answered my 'cloth over leather' question. Between food, flasks, and some reforging, I have around 4K spirit I think. I'm going to run some more heroics today and see what happens, I'm also going to test out some different healing methods. Yesterdays heroic was mostly just Soothing, RM, Enveloping, and Uplift. I'm thinking about glyphing into Surging Mists, so it automatically targets the person with the lowest health. I kept having an issue the other day with a DK who was taking a lot of damage when no one else in the group was. If I had SM glyphed, I wouldn't have to break my focus on the tank to heal him, I could just hit my Surging button and he would be auto-targeted.

I didn't mean to sound like I was looking for a two button spammer when I made the topic. I don't mind having to learn my class good in order to be a good healer, or having a bunch of things I need to do. It might take me a little longer to learn how to do those things good then others, but once I do, I'll know that I would be one of the better healers of that class. (Lets face it, most people don't learn how to do everything their class has to offer.) My original question was what was a healer that's good on mana, and has decent heals at the same time. 'easiest' in the way that you don't go OOM every other pull. I think I'm getting past that issue now though.

Riot (No, I don't know how to put those little marks above your name) gave some pretty good advice, IMO. I'm not that big into mastery for MW, at least not in heroics. Maybe in 10/25 man raids, where there's more people running around, randomly generated HS's would be good. But in heroics when most everyone is in one spot, or not paying attention to where the sphere's pop, its kind of useless. For now, I'm going to reforge out of any mastery I can and into spirit, as well as whatever other little stats that aren't my top priority.

I had asked earlier about an Int and Spirit cap. I knew that there wasn't a cap exactly, but I didn't know if there was a point where you start getting diminishing returns, and so it wouldn't be helpful to go over that point. Now I know what that area is, between about 8 and 12K depending.

Mana Tea I'm generating pretty good. 1-2 Tea every 7-10 seconds or so. I never let my chi stay at 4. If I have 4 chi sitting there, personally, I think I'm doing something wrong. With Mana Tea glyphed, its definitely helped my mana. Whenever I have a couple stacks, low or not, I use my Tea just for an extra little boost.

Riot had mentioned that there's 3 ways to heal. I know Mistweaving and Fistweaving, not sure of the third. I do have a question about Fistweaving. How exactly do you do it? I know you should have your Jade statue up at all times since its on a short CD and will copy your heals, keep Serpents Zeal up, and keeps stacks of Tiger Strike up for free/reduced cost SM. I tried this during a Scene about a week ago, and while no one lost health, my mana dropped incredibly fast. Faster, at the time, then it did while standing back and tossing out healing spells. It seems like in heroics Fistweaving can be a viable way of healing, but how do you do so without OOMing every few pulls?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Some people define fistweaving as only using eminence to heal... which is completely non viable in raids, and only barely viable in dungeons depending on gear. Even a disc priest does more dmg by smiting then our full dps rotation while using significantly less mana

The mana sustainable way to fistweave is to keep Serpent's Zeal and TP up, and stay in melee to autoattack and jab for chi as opposed to using soothing mists. The advantage to jab over soothing is the reliability of chi generation and quicker on demand chi than using soothing. However, if standing in melee proves to be too hard at times, feel free to roll out and start using ranged heals again. When you are in melee, you are restricted to instant cast spells so your autoattacks continue, and it is mandantory to use mouseovers to heal so you can constantly target the boss (every time you target another player you lose autoattacks). Since you have glyphed tea, drink it once your mana is down past 90%, the advantage of the glyph is so you save GCDs in exchange for maintaining it. Ideally you should never have more than 2 stacks up at each time, unless it is an extremely heavy AOE phase and you can't spare the gcd to drink. As a rule of thumb, it should be used on CD with 2 stacks assuming that you won't cap mana.

There is nothing wrong at staying at max chi as long as you don't use another chi generator, in fact that is how we prepare for raid spike damage (TFT uplift so RM is on most of the raid, then pool chi for the hit for 2 back to back uplifts). Filling all your GCDs is not required as a monk, but if you wish to do so then you should indeed stack more spirit.

2ndary stat priority for most monks seem to be
Haste to 3148 (if you can easily reach it in tiger stance
Spirit (to comfort)
Crit
Mastery=Haste

Mastery and Haste past breakpoints are both quite lackluster, haste only buffs Soothing, RM, and enveloping, and 2 of these spells aren't really used as much should you choose jab for a primary chi generator. Mastery=lol

I'm guessing the 3rd way to heal is straight up healing sphere spam lol, that spell counted for 40% of my heals on lei shi.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 12/14/2012 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Twistedmind hits it dead on. Disc priests are good when you can stay on top of everything, if you ever get in a "oh my god" situation, you're probably gonna lose a few. Holy is ehh, it's good for AoE healing fights in things such as LFR.
Although, there is a monk healer in my guild who does fine, (not sure of his rotation or anything) but he seems to always do fine. My advice would be to stick with it, run Sha of Anger, or do Heroics and just stick it out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Had a hunch that I should troll Flutterdash's armory.

You should probably unglyph Uplift.

e: And get more than 4k spirit.
Edited by Dysrhythmia on 12/14/2012 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Had a hunch that I should troll Flutterdash's armory.

You should probably unglyph Uplift.

e: And get more than 4k spirit.

Uplift glyph = good for pvp, good for garajal as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'll give you that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
hit poh every encounter, you won't run oom, and everyone will be alive.

Stop it already. This is utterly untrue and we already know by your "omg you don't need spirit as a monk healer" that you are bad. Let the other healers help this guy, mmkay?
Edited by Shambulanse on 12/16/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It is true that spirit is very YMMV though, I've posted a log of mine showing that it is possible on a healing intensive fight such as tsulong (will post a garalon one if a pug gets logged). Even though my spirit is 5.9k as opposed to around 4k, I find that it is more than enough for all fights, and I use jab as my primary Chi generator as opposed to soothing.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 12/16/2012 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Kungfuwaifu
It is true that spirit is very YMMV though, I've posted a log of mine showing that it is possible on a healing intensive fight such as tsulong (will post a garalon one if a pug gets logged). Even though my spirit is 5.9k as opposed to around 4k, I find that it is more than enough for all fights, and I use jab as my primary Chi generator as opposed to soothing.

He's also tried to say that healers should stand around and do nothing to regen mana. You may run low spirit but i doubt you ever do nothing while trying to regen. Also, you can't really include Tsulong because you can regen a huge chunk during the day phase from breaths. Garalon, yeah.
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Keirisonis

He's also tried to say that healers should stand around and do nothing to regen mana. You may run low spirit but i doubt you ever do nothing while trying to regen. Also, you can't really include Tsulong because you can regen a huge chunk during the day phase from breaths. Garalon, yeah.

at 4k spirit, I don't need to stop casting to regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I never have to regen because I don't run out of mana in the first place, the only actual mana sink I use is renewing mists almost on CD, depending on whether there is outgoing raid damage at all. I only jab for chi I'll need, not just to use gcds, a lot of my so called 'empty gcds' when healing isn't necessary is to assess the positioning of the raid for chi torpedo/burst/healing sphere targeting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Priests are absolutely faceroll raid healers right now

Complete face>keyboard > beating all other healers

They need a bit of a pve healing nerf to balance them
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7393479920?page=7

You said that as a disc priest you stand around to regen mana. And you said you didn't know anything that another healer would do with those gcds without standing around to regen.

None of that was aimed at you, waifu. Just at flutter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Blizzard Balance
Disc priest hotfixes:
PoH now only targets 4 targets, prioritizing pets before players.
Rapture has a chance equal to your crit chance to generate double mana on return
The cost of all spells have been increased by 10%

2 days later
The mana costs of all spells have been increased by 30%.

I'd actually still play my disc if thats the case though, spirit shell is fun stuff. For now, I guess I'll take your advice of binding PoH to my entire keyboard.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 12/16/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]