Blizzard store bugged with cc upgrade

76 Draenei Paladin
I think a new Visa card has confused the store. My workarounds haven't.

I am using a Visa card to try to buy a pet. It's the same Visa that is already on my account and doesn't expire for 2 years yet. However, my CC Co. upgraded me to a gold card, which has the same number but a new expiry and CVV.

After putting a pet in my cart and hitting checkout, I went to the "enter your CVV" screen, did it (off the new card) and clicked through, got to the final screen and hit "Buy". It said my card data was wrong, and kicked me back to
https://us.blizzard.com/store/co/checkout.xml

It did it real fast, so my hunch is it didn't even query the VISA clearinghouse, it was locally comparing the CVV I entered (or its hash) to the one on file. I could be wrong. Bug #1?

The first purchase, I selected "Use another card" and entered ALL the information for the new version of the same card's information again. And it took that.

Then I decided to buy Li'l XT also. Came to the checkout screen, couldn't really tell if it was looking at my new card or my old one. Put in the (new) CVV, and FAIL. Back to the screen.

OK, so I pull down the litle menu that lists all my cards. The same card is listed twice, as "VISA 0000" and "VISA 0000" again, bug #2. OK so I selected the other one and tried the CVV again. So I picked the first one again. Fail. Second one again. Fail. First again. First AGAIN (in case it is switching them each time). Fail fail fail.

OK so I into account settings at https://us.battle.net/account/management/wallet.html ... there's the offending card, and below it, the new card. I delete the >>OLD<< one. I refresh, and it now lists ONLY the OLD one. Yes, I'm sure I deleted the right one. Maybe your software is going "User requested "delete card VISA 0000" and sending that signal to other software that deletes the first one it sees. Whoops, bug #3.

That didn't work, so I delete all the cards, and add my new card. OK now it is the only one listed, and that is correct. Back to the pet store.

Rinse wash repeat, enter CVV, FAIL. I go back to the previous screen, and it lists TWO of the "VISA 0000" entries again.

So I hit "Reset Safari" and wipe out my cookies (and two forum posts I was writing elsewhere, ouch.) Restart my WoW launcher to get back to the ad, click through, back to buying Li'l XT, my cart is empty, add to cart, checkout, take defaults, enter CVV, and -- fail.

I go back to the previous screen, and it lists TWO of the "VISA 0000" entries yet again. Remember, I deleted the other in accounts. Bug #4? I only know one CVV (off the new card) and again, iterating on each option does not work.

Look, this is just bugged/broken. The triggering event seems to be my CC Co. issuing me a new card with a new expiry and CVV, well before my old card expired. I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall, you know the feeling.

Time to document and tell Blizz. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
First delete your cookies, cache, and any temp files for your browser. When you restart your browser go to blizz store. Make sure to delete any and all cards listed in the blizzard store billing profile. Try re-adding your credit card for a billing profile. Then try to do check out again. If that doesn't work then try all this on a different browser.

he first purchase, I selected "Use another card" and entered ALL the information for the new version of the same card's information again. And it took that.

Then I decided to buy Li'l XT also. Came to the checkout screen, couldn't really tell if it was looking at my new card or my old one. Put in the (new) CVV, and FAIL. Back to the screen.

It is highly possible that new card, two purchases from blizzard in a very short amount of time are being blocked until they can verify it. Have you tried calling the number on the back of the card to ensure they are not blocking the charge as a security feature?
Edited by Tinkrashi on 12/11/2012 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Paladin
Great suggestion to check with the CC Co. Got a level 2 rep. He played WoW, so that was a fun convo. He confirms CC is NOT blocking charges, he said 9 charges pending, then revised that to "many". Which maps to the 1 successful purchase and the many attempts.

So pretty sure we're not dealing with a browser issue, though I did try that other stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Charpervia, did you update the card information in your billing profile? Did you also set the card to primary in the billing profile?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]