they did NOT nerf frost bomb (yet)

90 Undead Mage
Vox
edit: see blue post. the hotfix is not live yet.
Edited by Magejerk on 12/11/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This is true
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah time to que arena to 2700 before nerf.
Edited by Turmoil on 12/11/2012 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Blizzard....
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/11/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Magejerk
When you use fire blast to detonate frost bomb, FIRE BLAST does 50% less damage.

Well there ya go! Problem solved!
Reply Quote
Damn... And I thought we were taking a step in the right direction...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
is this on player targets because my bomb is hitting the same either way and so are my fireblasts on training dummies.
Reply Quote
So they nerf healing by an additional 15% (Further hurting hybrids! Sweet!) and then don't remove the 160k burst you have to stop every 10 seconds or you die?

Heheheh..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Can't believe they think a nerf to tfb and fireblast warrants battle fatigue being buffed to 30%
Edited by Trip on 12/11/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
Can't believe they think a nerf to tfb and fireblast warrant battle fatigue being buffed to 30%
Yea I have no idea what they were thinking.

And the ones that needed the healing nerf were shammy/pally healers. They just made "okay" resto druids "not okay" and disc priests even worse.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
12/11/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Magejerk
Can't believe they think a nerf to tfb and fireblast warrant battle fatigue being buffed to 30%

And the ones that needed the healing nerf were shammy/pally healers. They just made "okay" resto druids "not okay" and disc priests even worse.

Actually it keeps all healers the same, it's all relative.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
poor mistweavers
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/11/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Sensations

And yet, shamans and hpals healed, and will still heal, more then other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
It keeps them the same in comparison to each other, but the ones that were barely viable before due to burst will be completely nonviable now.

If a paladin heals for 100K and they got nerfed to 85K, they can still heal through the 85K Mortal Strike.

If a priest heals for 85K, but now they're healing for 72.25K, they can't survive the 85K Mortal Strike, even though they're healing for proportionally the same amount as they did before when compared to paladins.

So it's not relative, it just sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

And yet, shamans and hpals healed, and will still heal, more then other healers.

Doesn't mean anything, it has nothing to do with the latest hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
12/11/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Sensations

Not when they didn't fix instant CC, massive CC chains, and overall damage/burst.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Doesn't mean anything, it has nothing to do with the latest hotfix.

It has everything to do with the latest hotfix, as they are kicking healers and hybrids while they're down because some heal too much.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
A lot of people are reading it incorrectly, probably because blizzard worded it very poorly.

The correct way the hotfix SHOULD read is:

When you use fire blast to detonate frost bomb, FIRE BLAST does 50% less damage.

Actually, that's incorrect. Apologies for the poorly worded patch note. I've since updated the note to read:

• When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Some hotfixes weren't quite applied when the notes were published. That happens sometimes, but this change should be in soon.
Edited by Daxxarri on 12/11/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
That's really interesting since my FIRE BLAST is doing 50% less when I use it to detonate frost bomb...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]