they did NOT nerf frost bomb (yet)

100 Human Warrior
I think I'm just going to leave the match if I see a mage. I want to have fun not bang my head against the wall trying to figure out how to counter 1-3 second burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/11/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Lhehitman
Daxxarri, I must say this nerf is quite upsetting without any compensation in casted damage. Top mages have been complaining about frost bolt damage this entire expansion, and how we really can't do damage outside of this stupid ability of frost bomb. Now I feel like my main source of damage is more or less completely out of my control. Yes I can "set it up" but to a large degree whether this goes off or not depends on the skill of the player I face. Mages desperately need to be reworked after this nerf has gone live.

I couldnt agree more, seriously Daxx who is in charge of mage balancing this expansion and where is he pulling these nerf numbers out of for both pve and pvp? Instead of actually addressing the issues of scaling and crit/mastery for fire and frost it seems like whoever is in charge is saying "screw it lets just nerf their main/one of main damaging abilities by 50% and see what happens." Thatll fix it!

needed to be done. mages with frost bomb were rediculously overpowered
Reply Quote
blizzard - retarded, revert the deep and frostbomb timer nerf if ur going to do this

12/11/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Ramirèz
I think I'm just going to leave the match if I see a mage. I want to have fun not bang my head against the wall trying to figure out how to counter 1-3 second burst.

1700 max rating as a warrior in current state... just quit the game already u blow..
Edited by Shaun on 12/11/2012 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lobster-
Yes, nerfing warriors and mages is an indirect buff to every1 else but a healing blanket nerf is a nerf to all healers but mostly hybrids get effected.
Also the trinket nerf was actually a buff to any class that had a short burst CD while other classes with longer burst CDs (eg, ret) don't get the same use out of our trinkets because our sustained is so low, we ere only effective when bursting.
I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining but isn't it obvious that blanket nerfs are not the solution.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Daemon, the 15% healing nerf is a ret problem, but I'd say the trinket buff is actually a strong nod towards your sustained. If they bring Ferals into line, we might actually have a chance to see a fight go to the point where we have to OOM a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A healing nerf afflicts hybrids moreso than healers? I don't follow.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So, it did get nerfed, or it is soon?

This entire thread still confuses me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Mages with skill = fun for both people and they're deadly which is fine if you get outplayed by there team.

Mages that are broken = only fun for the person playing them and there team. Pretty retarded irl

Bring back some skill. I was going to level my mage after my pally but they're too fracking boring. I dump on anyone my level and up to 89 with ease.

Yes mages you don't take skill at all.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Yeah i still dont know if it was nerfed or not. Found a blue post but didnt answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This nerf went too far with the previous nerf to frost bomb.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
As a Mage there was no denying that the glyph was stupid. What Blizzard did though was nerf the duration on Deep Freeze and the duration on Frost Bomb in an attempt to stop the burst. This on top of the glyph nerf is going to make it extremely difficult, not to line up Bomb with Deep but with regular Frost Nova's. This is due to the fact that bomb is dispel-able and nova's break on damage, meanwhile Frostbolt does terrible damage.

This will bring back some skill in terms of faking dispels and lining up burst but i believe it was wrong for Blizzard to not address Frost Bolt damage or, at the very least revert the default detonation time on frost bomb (deep can stay 4 seconds).

So far Mages have taken a huge defensive and offensive hit, I am not advocating that Mages are weak or that they weren't too strong (with Bomb being potentially a broken spell with the glyph), however the problem with Frost Mages is that Blizzard since Cata has made Frostbolt simply not worth casting.
Reply Quote
As has been stated, this will be a pretty major blow to mages in arena, possibly too big of a blow in the upper brackets where people play intelligently. Having to wait 5 seconds for our damage to materialize mean that the healer must have just used his dispel, or needs to be sitting in CC for 5 whole seconds uninterrupted before our damage happens.

It was already very possible to shut down a mage if you used your abilities, this will likely make a successful frost-bomb shatter very rare.

Too much of our damage in centered around this damn spell. This Nerf, coupled with the previous DF and Frost Bomb Nerf I think takes it one step too far. We either need a sustained damage buff, or the DF and FB nerfs reverted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/11/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Lhehitman
I couldnt agree more, seriously Daxx who is in charge of mage balancing this expansion and where is he pulling these nerf numbers out of for both pve and pvp? Instead of actually addressing the issues of scaling and crit/mastery for fire and frost it seems like whoever is in charge is saying "screw it lets just nerf their main/one of main damaging abilities by 50% and see what happens." Thatll fix it!

Mage misery sustains me.
Reply Quote
So I actually think this might be live now? However, it's nerfing ALL frost bombs by 50%, even those undetonated by fire blast?
Yeah, confirmed. Its nerfing all frostbombs by 50%
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/11/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Esmee
So I actually think this might be live now? However, it's nerfing ALL frost bombs by 50%, even those undetonated by fire blast?
Yeah, confirmed. Its nerfing all frostbombs by 50%

GG blizzard....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
mages kind of needed a nerf to this spell, or glyph, which ever way you want to put it. only people who seem to think it didnt is mages
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/11/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Cricke
mages kind of needed a nerf to this spell, or glyph, which ever way you want to put it. only people who seem to think it didnt is mages

No even Mages knew it was broken, Blizzard however danced around the issue and instead made changes to other abilities used in conjunction with this spell (not to mention a 1 second increase in detonation time). Now Frost Bomb will rely on 1. a healer having used dispel or 2. a healer sitting in CC, it also means that instead of just having to time Deep Freezes even Nova's will now need to be timed to go off if we want to benefit from Mastery.

With 11% haste my Bomb goes off just after 5 seconds. This coupled with the damage we get from Frostfire Bolt is pretty crippling considering Frostbolt is useless and so is Ice Lance outside of frozen targets and fingers procs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
let me rephrase that lol. didnt mean to say all mages thought it was perfectly fine, but the only people who are going to complain about this, are mages
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
And the ones that needed the healing nerf were shammy/pally healers. They just made "okay" resto druids "not okay" and disc priests even worse.

Resto druids are not just "okay" in the current live version they are better then rsham they just have a steeper learning curve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]