Power Word: Shield, it's time

85 Human Mage
To be made undispellable. Make it unable to be spellstolen/purged.

It gets broken very quickly anyway. Teams that aren't able to offensively dispel don't seem to be having any trouble against priests. Not sure why they should be even further gimped against teams that can dispel.

If shield isn't made undispellable, perhaps think about removing the glyph of purge. It is far too potent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm a Shadow Priest and I approve of this message.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Yoloswaqq

lol

Honestly, they've already made way too much undispellable. There's very little left that's worth dispelling. Shields are about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/12/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Act

lol

Honestly, they've already made way too much undispellable. There's very little left that's worth dispelling. Shields are about it.

Maybe it's time to get rid of offensive dispels then.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Maybe if Disc got a buff that made it so their shields were tougher and unable to be dispelled, I'd be more concerned when I ran into one in an arena. Now I just sit on my IT button until shield and Fort go away and blast whatever's left.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Sure........

Right after druid HoT's are undispellable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I actually think it'd be neat if shield couldn't be dispelled and offered dispel protection. Even in its current state, that would help Disc a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Sure........

Do druids get a debuff put on them that prevents reapplication of HoT's for 15 seconds?

Do druids have mobility issues?

Are druids the least sought after healer?

When lifebloom gets dispelled, does it not heal the person instantly?

Anyway, priests are completely based around absorbs and getting them dispelled pretty much cripples them. In some instances (spellsteal) it actually BUFF's the OTHER TEAM.
Edited by Verandra on 12/12/2012 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
No.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
12/12/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Ellywicket
No.

Why? As a warrior you shouldn't be having any trouble with priests anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
It's not priests, it's all healers. Warrior damage got destroyed in regards to burst and can't kill healers solo.

I still have nightmares about back in the old days when shields were a rage vacuum.
Edited by Ellywicket on 12/12/2012 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Woah, wait. Warrior controlled burst didn't get destroyed, just their random burst - and well deserved that was, too.

Warriors were way out of hand. Now they're closer to in line, though I wouldn't call 'em perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
12/12/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Ellywicket
Warrior damage got destroyed in regards to burst and can't kill healers solo.

What have you been smoking?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's pretty safe to just ignore Ellywicket.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Woah, wait. Warrior controlled burst didn't get destroyed, just their random burst - and well deserved that was, too.

Warriors were way out of hand. Now they're closer to in line, though I wouldn't call 'em perfect.

The issues that warriors were posing were:

Pummel Silence was ridiculous.
5 stack TfB critting for 200k

What I would recommend for Arms to be put into a reasonable position so we can actually force some defensive cooldowns through pressure, would be TfB boosted slightly and made a 100% chance, for example, using overpower grants a charge of Taste for Blood, increasing your next HS/Cleave by 200%. Doesn't give extra swing of overpower, but does solve an issue of reliance on spike/RNG to do any reasonable amount of pressure.

And make Gag Order only affect Heroic Throw, since we desperately need a ranged interrupt that can actually do something. Interrupting Shout is worthless.

Edit: And just to be clear, the recommendation would effectively change Taste for Blood to essentially mean Overpower would no longer chain-proc, and we are instead rewarded with a 2-stack equivalent Taste for Blood bonus. This is enough to make it more rage efficient than Slam, and still be reliable and reasonable damage rather than RNG spike.
Edited by Ellywicket on 12/12/2012 2:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

The issues that warriors were posing were:

Pummel Silence was ridiculous.
5 stack TfB critting for 200k

What I would recommend for Arms to be put into a reasonable position so we can actually force some defensive cooldowns through pressure, would be TfB boosted slightly and made a 100% chance, for example, using overpower grants a charge of Taste for Blood, increasing your next HS/Cleave by 200%. Doesn't give extra swing of overpower, but does solve an issue of reliance on spike/RNG to do any reasonable amount of pressure.

And make Gag Order only affect Heroic Throw, since we desperately need a ranged interrupt that can actually do something. Interrupting Shout is worthless.

Edit: And just to be clear, the recommendation would effectively change Taste for Blood to essentially mean Overpower would no longer chain-proc, and we are instead rewarded with a 2-stack equivalent Taste for Blood bonus. This is enough to make it more rage efficient than Slam, and still be reliable and reasonable damage rather than RNG spike.

Warriors are still dominating in arena so I am not sure why you think they suck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/12/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Ellywicket
No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sure........

Do druids get a debuff put on them that prevents reapplication of HoT's for 15 seconds?

Do druids have mobility issues?

Are druids the least sought after healer?

When lifebloom gets dispelled, does it not heal the person instantly?

Anyway, priests are completely based around absorbs and getting them dispelled pretty much cripples them. In some instances (spellsteal) it actually BUFF's the OTHER TEAM.

You can't compare apples and oranges. Shields and HoTs are entirely different mechanics and it makes sense that they function differently.

While I do agree that disc (and holy I guess, lol) priests need a pvp buff, I don't think making their PW:S undispellable is the way to accomplish it.

Maybe they should have their old set bonus baked into holy and disc, the one that you suppress movement impairing effects for 4 sec after using PW:S. I think they need something else as well to help mana. Although I don't play a priest so I don't really have any other suggestions at the moment
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
12/11/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Verandra
It gets broken very quickly anyway.
I'm in almost entirely honor blues and no weapon yet on my disc priest. With zero heal buffs my PW:S is 88K. Three stacks of grace, 110K, 5 stacked evangalism archangel 106K, three stacks of grace plus archangel 120kish? Those aren't piddly worthless heals. Thats big for an instant cast.
12/11/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Verandra
To be made undispellable.
I just can't agree with this We don't need more of that in the game. Grace x3 + renew + pom + probably a divine aegis in there gives more than enough protection (except against glyphed purge, which shouldn't exist).

Maybe spirit shell shouldn't be dispellable... maybe. I think making PW:S undispellable is the wrong solution. Nerf purge, don't buff PW:S.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Esmee
It gets broken very quickly anyway.
I'm in almost entirely honor blues and no weapon yet on my disc priest. With zero heal buffs my PW:S is 88K. Three stacks of grace, 110K, 5 stacked evangalism archangel 106K, three stacks of grace plus archangel 120kish? Those aren't piddly worthless heals. Thats big for an instant cast.
To be made undispellable.
I just can't agree with this We don't need more of that in the game. Grace x3 + renew + pom + probably a divine aegis in there gives more than enough protection (except against glyphed purge, which shouldn't exist).

Maybe spirit shell shouldn't be dispellable... maybe. I think making PW:S undispellable is the wrong solution. Nerf purge, don't buff PW:S.

instant cast? how long does it take to stack the buffs needed for your dispellable, spell steal worthy 120k instant shield?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]