/sigh Rare Hunters... That's not cool bro...

90 Gnome Warlock
So I've been hunting a few pets down, working towards 400 (three away!), and I've been growing steadily more frustrated with Rare Hunters, especially with the harder to find pets. It gets rage inducing when you find that one spawn you've been camping on and off just to see someone run up just as you get there, and engage it just to leave the battle within seconds. It's not like the "Log out to reset the fight" thing isn't wide spread, Blizzard Devs even made it semi-viable by adding in the "You can see the rarity of the pets" feature and not making it impossible to log out... So why is this still done? Especially with pets like the Minfernal, Scourged Whelp, Yeti, and other similar difficult pets to find? Well, outside of the twenty second log out time? Is it really that much easier to despawn it, especially when you see another player wanting it, and having to wait several hours (or killing an area to force a spawn) for a respawn?

And yes, this is a bit of a salty post on my part... I just don't understand the mindset of "Despawn everything!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ummm....it resets the health of the pets....not the rarity

An common/poor/poor setup will still be common/poor/poor if you log out and in and fight the same one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Grdebby
So why is this still done?

So a rare will spawn in its place with any luck. Sorry some people play the game in a manner you don't agree with. Just don't expect them to change.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

An common/poor/poor setup will still be common/poor/poor if you log out and in and fight the same one.

I know this, but it would allow someone else to grab one who wanted it just for collection sake instead of just tossing it into the Twisting Nether. So the whole "despawn it to reset it's quality" isn't a good enough reason to do it in highly camped areas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Grdebby
I know this, but it would allow someone else to grab one who wanted it just for collection sake instead of just tossing it into the Twisting Nether. So the whole "despawn it to reset it's quality" isn't a good enough reason to do it in highly camped areas.

If you only want one pet any quality and you can't get it, you are doing something very wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/12/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Hearus
So why is this still done?

So a rare will spawn in its place with any luck. Sorry some people play the game in a manner you don't agree with. Just don't expect them to change.

If you noticed, I was using the example of the pets that are hair ripping out annoying to try to get a spawn of even under normal circumstances.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Not really...since 99% of the time another person will come by and despawn it just the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Grdebby
If you noticed, I was using the example of the pets that are hair ripping out annoying to try to get a spawn of even under normal circumstances.

Doesn't matter. It won't change rarity so time to get rid of it. If it makes you feel any better with the introduction of battle stones I kill almost everything now. Should buy you a couple extra seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When you're hunting for a highly contested rare you basically have to be a @%*@*%*# if you expect to get anything. That 20s log out is the time it takes to check on 2-3 other spawns, and with rare spawn rates ranging from 1/20 to 1/100, those 2-3 add up real fast.

That said, I have a heart, and I've basically consigned myself to using a pet stone on my Minfernal.

Oh, and just because I feel like saying it: I killed (in world) a rare Infinite Whelpling after a Night Elf attacked me during the battle. If the Ayatollah cannot have it, no one can.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Warrior
I need all my pets as rare... so if im rare hunting despawning works well.
And no.. im not going to waste battle stones on wild pets. I need them for the 100+ old uncommon pets that can only be upgraded that way.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/12/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Hearus

Doesn't matter. It won't change rarity so time to get rid of it. If it makes you feel any better with the introduction of battle stones I kill almost everything now. Should buy you a couple extra seconds.

You see, that annoys me far less than a instant despawn, at least that pet isn't being wasted since the EXP goes somewhere.

Not really...since 99% of the time another person will come by and despawn it just the same.

It doesn't change the annoyance factor for simple collectors. For pets I do not intend to use in battles, I collect them at any quality. Those i want to use? Yeah I'll see what I can do about getting a rare (I usually settle for uncommon if need be)... But I would not despawn (for example) Scourged Whelp in Sandragosa's Fall just because I couldn't find a rare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Grdebby
It doesn't change the annoyance factor for simple collectors.

Again if you want just one of any rarity and you are having issues you are doing something wrong. If we are ripping through an entire zone of spawns and you can't right click on just one how is it not your fault.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/12/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Grdebby
You see, that annoys me far less than a instant despawn, at least that pet isn't being wasted since the EXP goes somewhere.
You mean into nowhereville because I'm running all-25 Turnip/Bear/Croc when rare-hunting?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eh.

Minfernals and Scourged Whelplings are the only ones I have sympathy for. Everything else doesn't require that much effort. Just park an alt and log in every hour or two and you'll get one.

And both of those pets are in small families, so it's easy to just stone them instead of camping them anyway.
Edited by Simca on 12/12/2012 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I found a SLEW of rare robo chicks. Just one after the other. Where the goblins Bilgewater is at not on their tiny island but on the shore west of their island. It was so wonderful it was like rarelalapalooza!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Eh.

Minfernals and Scourged Whelplings are the only ones I have sympathy for. Everything else doesn't require that much effort. Just park an alt and log in every hour or two and you'll get one.

And both of those pets are in small families, so it's easy to just stone them instead of camping them anyway.

No, now I did that with the giraffe calf and I never did find one for like 2 weeks. Then the other day I just happened by and there it was!

Miniferals are always a no show. I blame this on CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Oreooze

I see a couple almost every day. they are out there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eh.

No, now I did that with the giraffe calf and I never did find one for like 2 weeks. Then the other day I just happened by and there it was!

Giraffe Calves are on like a 20 minute respawn. It's probably way easier to just sit around for 20 minutes than use an alt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Giraffe Calves are on like a 20 minute respawn. It's probably way easier to just sit around for 20 minutes than use an alt.

I stationed this toon at one of the outposts and would log on and do a bunch of fly arounds. Before that I was doing timed fly arounds in a set pattern according to the wowhead map. I never once saw a giraffe calf not once. And one day before I started stationing this toon I did those fly arounds for over 3 hours straight. I would also kill those boar ppl, can't remember what you call them now, for awhile just for fun and something to do.

It gets to where once you have been there for so long you can't leave. Cause if you leave then you think the moment you leave it will spawn. So you get yourself stuck cause you are afraid to leave. But then after awhile you think, screw it I don't care if it does spawn the moment I leave, this is maddening and I can't take it anymore. So you log or just leave w/e.

The miniferal there was a guy camping the spawn. He flew down and landed once and I saw this or maybe I tricked myself into seeing this cause I had been there for over an hour just running around the area killing all mobs in sight. He landed and he had a rare miniferal ALREADY! I saw this but then maybe I didn't cause he only very briefly flew to the ground. It kinda made me mad. Why, if he already had one and a rare on top of that, would he be camping the spawning area?

Probably just griefing the other ppl trying to get theirs. That sickens me and it isn't fair to anyone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]