/sigh Rare Hunters... That's not cool bro...

Oh, come on! I've lost count how many times people in this game have pushed me aside to tag a mob I've just dotted, burn that rope half a second in front of me, dotted up every damned goat to get their goatsteak while I'm trying to hit one damned mob, mine that node I'm literally fighting on top of and laugh at me while I'm dying and losing that node, or watch as some ilvl4059485 person needs on everything in a dungeon...

Why the heck should I waste a good 30 seconds to log out and back in to leave a poor pet for someone else? There's a damned good chance that "someone else" who's running around that spawning area is a rare hunter just like me, and in an effort to be courteous I've let that person get into 2-3-4 pet battles and get their rare, while I get stuck with nothing...again.

No way. If 99% of the population are going to say "me first!" then I have no choice but to do the same. I've spent the last 6+ years standing back and being courteous, and it get me nowhere.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
All I can say is tough luck. Your objective isn't any more important than theirs. Personally I don't care about getting a rare of EVERY pet.. just the ones I want to use in battles.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh, come on! I've lost count how many times people in this game have pushed me aside to tag a mob I've just dotted, burn that rope half a second in front of me, dotted up every damned goat to get their goatsteak while I'm trying to hit one damned mob, mine that node I'm literally fighting on top of and laugh at me while I'm dying and losing that node, or watch as some ilvl4059485 person needs on everything in a dungeon...

Why the heck should I waste a good 30 seconds to log out and back in to leave a poor pet for someone else? There's a damned good chance that "someone else" who's running around that spawning area is a rare hunter just like me, and in an effort to be courteous I've let that person get into 2-3-4 pet battles and get their rare, while I get stuck with nothing...again.

No way. If 99% of the population are going to say "me first!" then I have no choice but to do the same. I've spent the last 6+ years standing back and being courteous, and it get me nowhere.

Competition isn't always a bad thing. This game has cooperative aspects, competitive aspects, and some you can choose to do either. Quest objectives can be resources too and worth fighting over, at least doing your damnest to get to it before anyone else does. This is a game in which we fight for stuff, sometimes against our own faction. It doesn't make anyone the "good guy" or the "bad guy" just players trying to play the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rare hunting is fun. It's a rush when you finally see that blue outline on that wild pet. That being said I plan on using every damn pet in my journal. And there is noooooo way that I will waste a stone on a pet I can easily find in the wild.

If you want to blame someone, blame blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
ok TY Zanza
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Common courtesy isn't completely dead I've logged out to give others scourged whelplings, minfernals and silithid hatchlings. Most people are entitled !@#$s that don't care about others unfortunately.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I'm looking for a rare anodized cub, but I'll engage every spawn I see and relog for any lower quality & advertise in chat that its up. My view is that anyone else who takes it will move on & be less competition for the next spawns and I'd much rather have less competition for the rest of the day than be worried about that 20 seconds of relogging.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't waste time looking for blues of rare spawns such as minfernal or scourged whelp, I find it much more efficient to use that time to lvl other pets and then use stones.
Reply Quote
Oh, as a general note, DK's on Oceanic/Brazilian servers are your friend. You'll never be 100% without competition, but you'll face a lot less if you're hunting when it's 5am in Brisbane.

The Brazilian servers are just really low pop.

I love you so much. There were about 3 campers earlier on the Brazilian servers, so I just waited until the twilight hours. I was the only camper, so I killed critters and found three different minifernals within the span of 2 hours. (About once every 30 minutes, but again, I was killing critters so I'm not sure if it was time linked or critter killing linked) Because I was alone, I kept all three(first was poor, second was uncommon, third rare.). They all have different breedIDs, so I am looking forward to using stones the other two to see how they play out. I never thought I'd get one, let alone three!

<3
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Shaman
Upon further investigation, meaning I have camped the minifernals alot lately I have concluded that there are ppl who just want to ruin the pet catching experience for other ppl. With CRZ and the extreme small numbers spawning it seems that blizz has made it very easy for those cruel heartless soulless guiltless ppl to do just that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
IMO best thing to do: check on a different pet and then check back later. There are many ways to get to 400 pets. Don't try a way that you admit is highly contended then complain it isn't easy. Dude that got to the pet first is playing the same game you are.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
12/13/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Oreooze
Upon further investigation, meaning I have camped the minifernals alot lately I have concluded that there are ppl who just want to ruin the pet catching experience for other ppl. With CRZ and the extreme small numbers spawning it seems that blizz has made it very easy for those cruel heartless soulless guiltless ppl to do just that.

Not everybody out there is like that, thankfully. I went to CoT for an infinite whelp and one spawned right next to me. It was poor quality but I caught it anyway. Two seconds later another one spawned. me and another person swooped down at the same time and he paused as if to say, "Go ahead, you got here first." (He was horde) but I just waved, mounted up, and flew away. Later used a dragonkin stone on the whelp I found.

The rare pets like minfernals and scourged whelplings are less really awesome battle pets and more just notches in people's belts. You can build a good team without a scourged whelpling. As with most belt notches in this game, they're a pain to get. Let's talk about people with the time lost protodrake.

Breathagain's advice is solid. Yesterday I went looking for a fluxfire feline and couldn't find one so I just moved on to look for an infinite whelp and then a nexus whelp. Because I didn't waste my time camping the fluxfire I was able to get the other pets I wanted literally right after I left that area.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]