What's so good about Disgusting Oozeling?

100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Surrender
Sorry, but I have a hard time saying Toxic Wasteling is "excellent" when hes breed 3 and there are readily available oozes with far better breeds that can put the stats to better use. The .5 speed is literally wasted on him, so were talking about +1 base stats vs +2 to a base stat.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. If it was rare he'd be decent but I would never waste a stone on him since, like you said, the others are easy to obtain in better breeds.

I don't share the same contempt you have for #3 breeds. I avoid them whenever possible but I think the pet and its moveset are more important most of the time. My #3 Mirror Strider outperforms my #9. She has more power which makes her hit harder and heal more. I don't find her breed to be a handicap at all. Now if it came in a #4 or #8 that would be a different story. I wouldn't pick a #5 because I don't think speed is that important to this particular pet and I wouldn't want to lose the other stats. It's all relative to the pet and what breeds are available to it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Just noticed, I haven't tried one yet, but corrosion seems like a nice option as well for boosted survivability on absorbs. Not sure if it actually works out or not though.

As far as my "contempt" for breed 3 (and most triple hybrids in general) is that rarely, the speed is ever useful. There is certain break points where speed is enough for X pets, and so on and so on. Combine the fact that breed 3 is already cheated out of .5 stat points, and that just makes it plain horrible. I mean look, Blizzard broke the "rules" on the cinder kitten cause breed 3 is so horrible. I honestly do not know why they didn't simply choose a base system of 3 to start with. Getting wasted points in speed is one thing, but getting wasted points in speed AND being short changed on stats? Yeah, that is a recipe for crap.
Edited by Surrender on 12/12/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I like Corrosion. Going by the numbers it seems worse but it always seems to do better for me than Creeping Ooze unless it's an elemental. Probably because of it's buff to Absorb.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
He has attacks of different types (magic, undead, and something else I think). Similar to Rappana Whelk.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Surrender
As far as my "contempt" for breed 3 (and most triple hybrids in general) is that rarely, the speed is ever useful. There is certain break points where speed is enough for X pets, and so on and so on. Combine the fact that breed 3 is already cheated out of .5 stat points, and that just makes it plain horrible. I mean look, Blizzard broke the "rules" on the cinder kitten cause breed 3 is so horrible. I honestly do not know why they didn't simply choose a base system of 3 to start with. Getting wasted points in speed is one thing, but getting wasted points in speed AND being short changed on stats? Yeah, that is a recipe for crap.

Oh I definitely agree it's less than ideal and I can't think of any case where if other breeds are available to a pet you shouldn't try to get one over a #3. I just think that a pet's moves can over come it's breed in some cases and so I personally wouldn't say each and every #3 pet is total crap.

As for the Cinder Kitten, her moves are worse than her breed, IMO. IDK that any breed could salvage that craptastic moveset, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
ooze + lightning storm =D
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Monk
Just curious why you guys opt for Breed 4 over Breed 6. The HP gain from 6 is enormous; it seems to me like it would be better for a tanky pet. How much of a healing gain is the Breed 4's attack bonus?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Surrender
He has ridiculous sustain and discourages pet swaps. However, disgusting oozling is not the good ooze, you want a Jade Ooze Breed 4.

Hey hey hey, don't fill his head with silly ideas. More power does not mean better pet -.-.

Speed is king! Jade Ooze is soooo slow.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Difference of 65 ATK.

Absorb has a .5 ratio, so thats 32.5 more damage/healing per absorb.

Add in 25% more for the debuff, brining it to 40.625 more damage/healing.
No idea if corrosion scales or not with ATK on the debuff, but if it does, then theres that extra healing to factor in as well.

Then you also have to consider that it will trigger the magic passive easier with a lower max HP. Some of the moderate hits would not trigger the passive with an HP breed, but with a lower HP it would trigger it, saving you some damage.

Also consider all the extra damage the dots would do as well.

So its basically 65 ATK vs 325 HP.

Hey hey hey, don't fill his head with silly ideas. More power does not mean better pet -.-.

Speed is king! Jade Ooze is soooo slow.

What are you rambling about? There are no speed oozes, and it has its role. In this case, power IS better for oozes.
Edited by Surrender on 12/12/2012 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Thirdfaction
Just curious why you guys opt for Breed 4 over Breed 6. The HP gain from 6 is enormous; it seems to me like it would be better for a tanky pet. How much of a healing gain is the Breed 4's attack bonus?

Because the Oozeling's moves are designed to do damage not tank and survive while you slowly whittle down your opponent's health. Power not only contributes to damage but to heals making Absorb even more powerful. In this case, the best defense is an offense.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
12/12/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Thirdfaction

For starters, the Oozelings are not tanky pets. They are lifeleach/DoT pets.

A breed 6 has about 320 more health, which is about one turn's worth of attacks. Meanwhile the breed 4 heals a little over 40 more health per cast of Absorb. It would take 8 castings of Absorb before the breed 4 pet catches up to the breed 6 in terms of survivability.

The breed 4 pet will be doing about 25% more damage per attack, always.

The choice is yours.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
I always use corrosion and yes it equals bigger heals and bigger expunges.
Edited by Sripsh on 12/12/2012 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

For starters, the Oozelings are not tanky pets. They are lifeleach/DoT pets.

A breed 6 has about 320 more health, which is about one turn's worth of attacks. Meanwhile the breed 4 heals a little over 40 more health per cast of Absorb. It would take 8 castings of Absorb before the breed 4 pet catches up to the breed 6 in terms of survivability.

The breed 4 pet will be doing about 25% more damage per attack, always.

The choice is yours.

This.

My stunted shardhorn is a breed 6. Most people love breed 4s for the extra attack.

My shardhorn has 300-400 more health than the breed 4's. To me, that's much more important. It survives 1-2 more turns, which means that one-two more attacks means it does the same or more than the breed 4 would do.

My Flayer Youngling is a Breed 5, which is speed. You'd be surprised how many pets he's beaten ONLY because he's outsped them. Could a breed 4 have beaten them by overpowering them? Possibly. But a lot of the time, it's because he outsped a heal, or kicked something that was about to launch like a Deep Breathe.

It's all up to personal preference. I honestly could care less about Breeds. They're all perfectly fine. You either have more health and less attack/speed, more speed and less attack/health, or more attack and less health/speed. Either way, they're all okay to use. And honestly, with zero reward for pet battle pvp (which I LOVE about Pet Battles), there's no reason to stress about breeds.
Edited by Reinhilde on 12/12/2012 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Sripsh
I always use corrosion and yes it equals bigger heals and bigger expunges.

I agree. I forgot to mention earlier that it also has synergy with Acidic Goo as they each increase the damage of each other's dots.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No love for Oily slimeling huh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/12/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Sorlador
No love for Oily slimeling huh?

Cannot be a breed 4, next best one is a 7 though.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Leveled my rare Jade Ooze Breed 4 to 25 last night. Seems pretty good, but the initial dot applications seemed to miss quite a lot. Has this been your experience?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
sry i'm late to the party, but this: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/battle_pet_breedid/pages/what-is-the-breed-id/
explains the system we use to describe the breeds in the addon. Shame on everyone else for not pointing this out already!
Reply Quote
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/#breeds

simple

this.

although i use that breedID addon too.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warrior
I farmed for my oozeling in classic wow so he has sentimental value to me.

Anyway his dots hit hard, he can stall really well but mostly he has good synergy with a lot of other pets.

Both dots increase damage taken and if you couple that with mangle, lightening storm, clockwork turret, shadeling plagued blood etc you can simply destroy teams.

If you face an ooze, swap your pets every turn. This will keep his heals practically worthless and halve the dot damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]