How is Duskwood now a days?

90 Worgen Death Knight
I used to be in a casual raiding guild back in WotLK, and this was my home. I had every character on this server and I did EVERYTHING on Duskwood. After my guild split up from drama, I took a huge hit. Once Icecrown Citadel came out I had no desire to find another guild, as I was horribly under-geared. I transfered server (and faction), to the server the majority of my friends were on. I made a huge mistake. I joined my friends guild and we never raided. We only did Firelands trash and old raids. I missed the adrenaline rush from raiding and took a break from the game until MoP. I was wondering if I should transfer back to Duskwood while the expansion is new and everybody is at the same level (progession-wise).

TL:DR. What is the population of the Horde? Are there much guilds, or has the server become a ghost town? How is the progession also?
Edited by Fatico on 12/12/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Horde is pretty dead, alliance isn't much better. Finding a guild that isn't basically what you did in Firelands would likely be very hard. lolprogression
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Check wowprogress for Duskwood, that should tell you everything you need to know. Note, though, that the #2 guild has already transferred off. Horde is absolutely a ghost town as far as raiding is concerned. There may or may not be a good number of casuals, but I have tried using the AH from my armory app and nothing sells. There are only the tiniest handful of guilds even attempting to raid, and I doubt any of them will last much longer at this rate. It's sad :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Aftermath and synapse are doing well horde ain't dead!
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I would consider it dead that there are only a couple of guilds on an entire faction that even raid, and that the faction does not offer ANY PuG opportunities whatsoever. That's like saying there are plenty of alliance on Illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There are still plenty of people who raid, just may not be the level of progression you're looking for. If you liked this server, it's about the same as it has been, minus Shai and a few other once-prominent guilds. While more quiet now, it's not really dead.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
While not a completely sterile* comparison I counted the number of horde guilds that downed a boss in t11 (start of Cata) versus the number of horde guilds that have downed a boss in t14 (start of MoP, ie now).

Tier 14
15 Horde Guilds

Tier 11
58 Horde Guilds

This obviously a fairly large difference showing that while there are still some guilds to raid in there isn't nearly as many as before.

*While this is obviously not going to be perfect since tier 14 is still in the works and I expect maybe a few more guilds to down a couple of bosses.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
You also need to remember that many guilds ran Tier 11 long after Tier 12 and 13 came out for meta achievements. So you are looking at the total number of guilds who have downed bosses over the course of an entire expansion vs the number of guilds who have downed bosses in the first 3 months.

I think the population is still too low for either faction. We need to stack one faction to have a chance.

FYI: There are a few MV and HoF pugs alliance side. Not a whole lot of them but you see at least a half dozen or so going off during the week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Odd as I am browsing my old stomping grounds, I run across this post.

I too left DW some few years ago when Shai, Leap of Faith, etc left.

Duskwood was my "home" for most of my WoW life. (Both Ali & Horde.) DW had that hometown feeling... where everyone knew everyone & everything about them, both good and bad, but it was pretty safe to leave your doors unlocked...

Both factions over the years had their 10/25M <ZomgThey'reAmazing> guilds!! (We all know those names.) The <Not-So-Progressed> also had/have some great people/players within them who, maybe for RL commitments etc, just couldn't/can't make "the cut".

Both factions had (from when I remember) their /2 trolls. From Johnny(enter anything here) and <What> folks stirring up some shenanigans on Horde side or Deadlystrike trying to get together an old school raid or threatening to kick you from his WG raid group on Ali.

I met some amazing people on this server (both factions) and most remain on my realid /friends list to this day, no matter where I roam.

Anyways, I have made the decision to retire from Wow this Spring. (Michigan winters suck, so I am waiting til warm weather...) I know that DW has had it's hits with people and entire guilds leaving server, and that it's now somewhat of a ghost town. (Realid folks keep me up to date.) My question to myself is... should I take Tanny "home", no matter how much it's changed, to put her out to pasture...

...there really is no place like home.

~ Happy Hunting DW
<3 Tanny

*In before: who are you? (and) Can I has your stuff? ;)
Reply Quote

Duskwood was my "home" for most of my WoW life. (Both Ali & Horde.) DW had that hometown feeling... where everyone knew everyone & everything about them, both good and bad, but it was pretty safe to leave your doors unlocked...

I challenge you to give accurate information about me!

Also, I don't want your stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I challenge you to give accurate information about me!

Also, I don't want your stuff.

Here goes!! I remember you from <Anomaly>. Not that I was ever a guildmate of yours, but that I was friends (thru realid) with one of your guildies, Alaire.

When coming to "the dark side" one of my great friends, then and now, ask me to join his guild. (Atm I honestly can't remember if it was <Dino> or <Tribute>.) I believe you were in one of those with him?? Grimeydude(Gus) is his name. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I don't believe I've ever raided with you, at least not on our mains. Possibly if you had an alt in <Stay Frosty>, <Dishonored> or <Leap>. Those were my main guilds, Horde side.

Lol, and for some odd reason, not that I've ever heard you in vent/mumble/etc to my knowledge, I think you're male irl. I have NO idea why... (sorry!)

Did I get anything right at all?!?

~Tanny
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol Hi Tanny :). I think I must be the Kevin Bacon of Duskwood XD haha.

I think you're male irl. I have NO idea why... (sorry!)

Omg until people point it out I always forget Arker's toon is a girl!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Oops. ^ Me. Not sure if you remember me raiding on my paladin. I raid on an ele sham now. I can always tell how long people have known me by the toon name they refer to me as LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Not that I was ever a guildmate of yours, but that I was friends (thru realid) with one of your guildies, Alaire.

~Tanny

So is everyone else!

...Every time he does an emote and the whole raid freaks out because everyone forgets it's a fem toon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Lol Hi Tanny :). I think I must be the Kevin Bacon of Duskwood XD haha.

LOL!! Heya chicka!! It sure sounds like you gets aaaaaarounds!! ;) You always were trouble... but of the best kind. =D

Glad to see so many old faces still kickin' round, just maybe in a new places.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
T-rizzle in the Hizzle! lol Sup Tanny
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Aw, sry to see you leaving wow, Tanny, but we all move on at some point.

And I don't think it much matters where your toon ends up to be a ghost of the realm, while most will use the toon name as a frame of reference, it's the person we all remember, and look fond upon the memories we made with them.

I wish you well, see ya in the twisting nether.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
12/12/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fatico
casual raiding guild back in WotLK

12/12/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fatico
After my guild split up from drama

Okay, yeah, you were in <Live Free Die Horde> with me. Was wondering why the name sounded so familiar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Aw, sry to see you leaving wow, Tanny, but we all move on at some point.

And I don't think it much matters where your toon ends up to be a ghost of the realm, while most will use the toon name as a frame of reference, it's the person we all remember, and look fond upon the memories we made with them.

I wish you well, see ya in the twisting nether.

My lock bud Brug. <3 The memories! lol Glad to hear <Spoons> still kickin' but over there hun. And you're completely right my friend...

I've recently been asked to join some old friends from <Epic Vendor>. The old original crew all keep in touch, text and will hop in vent / Mumble etc to catch up on where life has taken everyone. I am considering this atm, as they were my longest guild here on DW and were/are more like family. To finish out my time playing with awesome long time friends... I don't know if I could think of another way honestly.

<3 Tanny
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/18/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Chad
T-rizzle in the Hizzle! lol Sup Tanny

Chad!! Hey you!! How's da A52 life treatin' the folks of <Dishonored>? Hope all is well over there. I had an alt toon there moons ago, horde was rockin that server then. I'm sure you guys are too!

<3 Tanny
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]