5.1 Druid pvp/pve specs

90 Human Priest
Hey guys, so im leveling a druid currently, and I cant figure out what spec is better, balance or feral for pvp and which is better in pve. I enjoy both, and If you could explain why they are better that would be great thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Feral is better in both. The only thing is that if you're doing RBGs, Feral gets edged out by Boomkins.

Ferals have more CC and in PVP, CC is king. They heal more as well, believe it or not. With all the Predatory Swiftness procs you can either use it towards heals or CC, both of which are extremely viable in PVP.

Ultimately it comes down to which you prefer, but I find that as Feral I don't have as many counter-comps. Mages are pretty much cake, Warlocks aren't a huge deal, etc. So two of the most OP classes aren't too hard to out maneuver as Feral. The only problem you'll have is with hard hitting melee classes like Warriors (who would have guessed) and Ret Paladins during their burst, but you can just bleed and kite.

Plus, you don't really comp with many classes as Boomkin in arenas. I would go Feral.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
okay great you helped me a lot, but one more question, would a rogue or feral druid be better
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have a rogue. He's stuck around level 40 or so. The class is so boring.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Purpelhaze
okay great you helped me a lot, but one more question, would a rogue or feral druid be better

Ask me in Cata and I probably would have said Rogue just because they were pretty amazing. Now, I'll probably say Feral. Rogues just aren't as amazing and don't have as much utility as Ferals.

People will probably argue that rogue CC is superior to Druids, but considering their CCs break on impact, nothing can stop a healer from healing better than Cyclone. Feral is much better in MoP in my opinion. (If you're just taking class mechanics into account; player skill also matters heavily.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
does feral require i high skill level? because if not, i feel as if feral would tend to get boring
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Purpelhaze
does feral require i high skill level? because if not, i feel as if feral would tend to get boring

Yes, if you want to be a good Feral.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Sohra
Feral is better in both.

I never PvP so I can't answer that question but feral is definitely NOT better in PvE at the moment. They were strong at the start of the expansion but moonkins have come out ahead of ferals as gear has become readily available.

Here's a helpful website if you're looking for dps rankings. You're going to want to look at spec score instead of overall dps because it removes the "gimmicky" factor in most of the fights.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
Edited by Shinobu on 12/12/2012 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Shinobu
Feral is better in both.

I never PvP so I can't answer that question but feral is definitely NOT better in PvE at the moment. They were strong at the start of the expansion but moonkins have come out ahead of ferals as gear has become readily available.

Here's a helpful website if you're looking for dps rankings. You're going to want to look at spec score instead of overall dps because it removes the "gimmicky" factor in most of the fights.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Don't look at that. Go look at actual logs of recent Raids. Ferals have a higher DPS on most fights.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Sohra
Don't look at that. Go look at actual logs of recent Raids. Ferals have a higher DPS on most fights.

Raidbots gets its data FROM World of Logs lol. Not to mention is updated consistently. So yea, but looking at raidbots you are looking at logs from WoL, its just organized for convenience.
Edited by Shinobu on 12/12/2012 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
You have to keep savage roar up in pvp. It's a pain at best imo.

you'll have to learn how to pool your energy and CC to reduce inc damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a boomkin i have to say boomkins are beter if we get the buff i am hoping for we will be invinvible as feral itts like a under worked rouge and there is realy ony one comp for feral wich is kittie cleave worrier pala heler and druid
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Nadenardor
As a boomkin i have to say boomkins are beter if we get the buff i am hoping for we will be invinvible as feral itts like a under worked rouge and there is realy ony one comp for feral wich is kittie cleave worrier pala heler and druid

!#!**@@*! did I just read...?

edit: lol. forum censers getting a little overzealous. That's not even a bad word!
Edited by Eluial on 12/12/2012 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
!#!**@@*! did I just read...?

edit: lol. forum censers getting a little overzealous. That's not even a bad word!

Lol!

What was the word? :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Arena: Feral. Because you can partner with a warrior! :DDDDD

RBGs: Balance. Multi-dotting and solar beam.

Random BGs: Feral. Easier for solo PvP, boomkin gets trained a lot.

PvE: Feral right now I'm pretty sure. I don't PvE but all I know is boomkins aren't doing well there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok so, feral is better in arenas, but Boomkins slap face in BGs.

In pve...kind of a toss up...but ranged almost always has an edge when it comes to Raid bosses, because you don't have to move as much. But when you do have to move, you'll notice as a boomkin. But also keep in mind that for optimal feral pve dps you still need to stand behind the target which is a huge pain sometimes.

Real question - Do both? Glyphs aren't really different for either one when you're talking about pve glyphs vs pvp glyphs so no reason not to do both for both no?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]