Trillium ore

90 Blood Elf Warrior
What is the best area to mine Trillium both white and black? I am just wondering because the bars seem to be selling for a lot on the AH on my server.
Reply Quote
8 Undead Rogue
I cant seem to mine it in an even steady ammount anywhere.

Best to farm Ghost Iron and do the xmute.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Ghost Iron is about as common as Trees hahah
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/11/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Liopy
Ghost Iron is about as common as Trees hahah

... which is why it is best to just farm Ghost Iron and then xmute it up to Trillium... Treat actual Trillium nodes as a bonus and definitely don't just skip over Ghost Iron nodes because they aren't Trillium.
Reply Quote
Trillium nodes randomly give either white or black ore. There's no telling which you'll wind up with. If you find yourself with more of one, you can buy either white or black ore from the Spirit of harmony vendor in the Shrine. Probably not the best use for a SoH, tho. Overall, tho, just find a friendly alchemist. No CD on the trillium xmute, so they can crank out a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
ive also mined trillium ore off of corpses in scenarios.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I've gotten some occasionally off of any mob corpse you can mine. Not the best way to get some, tho, but a nice bonus when it happens.
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Liopy
What is the best area to mine Trillium both white and black? I am just wondering because the bars seem to be selling for a lot on the AH on my server.

I believe Trillium is the rare-spawn version of a Ghost Iron node. Meaning that anytime a node is mined, when it comes back and respawns the node has a small chance of being Trillium when it respawns.

So the best area to find Trillium would be an out-of-the-way area where people do not notice the Trillium node.

But like others have said, mining is not the best way to get Trillium bars. A better way to get Trillium bars is to transmute Ghost Iron bars, since Ghost Iron is more plentiful.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Mine Ghost Iron>Smelt>Mail to alchemist friend>?>Profit!
Edited by Xialla on 12/13/2012 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Xialla
Mine Ghost Iron>Smelt>Mail to alchemist friend>?>Profit!

what make them into ghost iron bars? then what does the alchemist (friend) do?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I usually get the best chances going to Kota Peak in Kun-Lai. The one cave with all the yetis in it has a bunch of nodes and often I'll be fortunate enough to get 2 Trillium nodes out of it. That's the only consistent place I've been able to find Trillium.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Farm kill rare spawns late at night, get bags of goods - get 40 trillium a pop often.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Solution
Farm kill rare spawns late at night, get bags of goods - get 40 trillium a pop often.

As a fellow completer of Glorious!, I can verify that this works well.

Especially the bug rare in the Steppes. Big bag of gems plz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got a bunch fishing crates. It's actually not bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]