Healing Nerfed, Yet Again

90 Human Paladin
As you can see in the recent December 11 hot fixes, they added an additional 15% to the Battle Fatigue passive, in which everyone has.

"The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%)."

I think this is getting a bit ridiculous with all the instant crowd control and burst damage going out.

Healing was in a good place, but now, I don't even know.

What do you guys think about this recent nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I wonder if there was another undocumented increase to pVP power to make sure healer don't survive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I hope they plan to buff resil to offset this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wow! I haven't been on yet and just learned about any changes, but an additional 15%?!?! With the state damage is right now...what is going on!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
war and mage burst were just anal'd so rly their trying to make it more constant dmg and healing is too strong atm for constant dmg to even effect anything its a good move soon their going to be buffing classes constant and nerfing their bursts to compensate
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
anal'd you say....

I guess that's what you call heroic strike stacking to 1 instead of 3 and mages still doing massive amounts of damage while fireblast damage got reduced in 1/2, not frostbomb's...brutal nerfs!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I've been watching Tosan stream 3s tonight. They said the 30% debuff was active and there have been a LOT of long games.

Healing still seems very powerful to me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hurray a blue just confirmed the fire blast mistake and frost bomb is now getting nerfed 50% by fire blast, not fire blast's damage! (as reported by players)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Lucky i'm rolling a mage alt

12/11/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Thingz
Hurray a blue just confirmed the fire blast mistake and frost bomb is now getting nerfed 50% by fire blast, not fire blast's damage! (as reported by players)

- When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.

Doesn't quiet solve anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Most knew it was coming, they said they needed to get a handle on the burst first. The only issue I see with it, is the already weak healers.
*edit*
12/11/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Eva

This is almost certain to happen. Either they will increase it's effect, or add to the current effect.
Edited by Bultek on 12/11/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Undead Death Knight
I'd rather they reduced Feral burst and took away some warrior cooldown stacking while gave them more buttons to push in return than buff resil. That would be a Christmas miracle. Then I'd actually be pretty happy with a lot of classes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/11/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Crillanna
"The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%)."

This probably was needed in RBG and Arena but is terrible for an entry level healer trying to gear up. They should put some sort of base ilvl rule in like the do for challenge modes that would bring resilience and pvp power to a certain lvl for all classes. The suggested ilvl base rule will help everyone and bring regular bgs at a more even playing field. Its sad even bots can focus now lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/11/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Trenk
I'd rather they reduced Feral burst and took away some warrior cooldown stacking while gave them more buttons to push in return than buff resil. That would be a Christmas miracle. Then I'd actually be pretty happy with a lot of classes.

You mean feral burst due to cooldown stacking every 3m that can be easily countered, sure I am up for that actually. I mean the CD stacking is crazy dumb and I hope they put resil to be more worth while.

I wish there was a global DR for cc as 2m trinkets are worthless atm (something like swtor shared DR, was a perfect solution).
Reply Quote
Well sh*t. This explained why the I and healers I ran with last night were dying left and right. We couldn't keep up with damage taken. Now I have my answer. Why blizzard? As if the ccs were not enough already to keep us ineffective.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So much crying still, when they are clearly taking steps in the right direction.

Every healer whine thread states that this is so crippling because of all the insane burst that gets thrown around. Are you not reading any of the other changes? Demo lock stupid double chaos wave: gone. Warrior 5 stack tfb: gone. Warrior 3 stack tfb: gone. Mage undispellable frost bomb/fire blast shatter: gone. And earlier than that, BM Hunter burst: gone.

I'm not saying that more tweaking doesn't need to be done, and I'm in the "less burst, more sustained damage" boat. The trinket change helped that, and indirectly, so did this healing nerf. With all of the burst reduction they are doing, they needed to lower the amount of healing. Taking a look at some of the cc's will help as well, which I'm sure they are doing.

They are making small, constant changes and monitoring the effects, which in my opinion is an effective way to balance. I swear, if half of you healers posting had it your way there would be no burst, no cc, and no healing debuff. You must want every game to be a 25 minute draw where nobody drops below 70% because you can counter every offensive cooldown easily with a defensive one while sitting at full mana the whole time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yea, they are definitely doing the right thing. I think if they keep this up at this pace then pvp will be awesome by around 5.2

Good job blizzard, this was a good birthday gift :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Most knew it was coming, they said they needed to get a handle on the burst first. The only issue I see with it, is the already weak healers.
*edit*

This is almost certain to happen. Either they will increase it's effect, or add to the current effect.

They should just put more pvp resilience on weapons and take away a bit of the pvp power they put on them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So much crying still, when they are clearly taking steps in the right direction.

Every healer whine thread states that this is so crippling because of all the insane burst that gets thrown around. Are you not reading any of the other changes? Demo lock stupid double chaos wave: gone. Warrior 5 stack tfb: gone. Warrior 3 stack tfb: gone. Mage undispellable frost bomb/fire blast shatter: gone. And earlier than that, BM Hunter burst: gone.

I'm not saying that more tweaking doesn't need to be done, and I'm in the "less burst, more sustained damage" boat. The trinket change helped that, and indirectly, so did this healing nerf. With all of the burst reduction they are doing, they needed to lower the amount of healing. Taking a look at some of the cc's will help as well, which I'm sure they are doing.

They are making small, constant changes and monitoring the effects, which in my opinion is an effective way to balance. I swear, if half of you healers posting had it your way there would be no burst, no cc, and no healing debuff. You must want every game to be a 25 minute draw where nobody drops below 70% because you can counter every offensive cooldown easily with a defensive one while sitting at full mana the whole time.

Says the Warrior...its funny how when people express their concerns its all crying. Please go tunnel on in another topic because you obviously don't play a healer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]