Fire and Brimstone Spam

100 Gnome Warlock
Does anyone know of a good way to easily spam Fire and Brimstone incinerates? I've tried two different macros, one that was...

/Cast Fire and Brimstone
/Cast Incinerate

But that seems to keep casting incinerates and not Fire and Brimstone while spamming. The other, that I currently use is...

/castsequence Fire and Brimstone, Incinerate

But this can occasionally get hung up and stuck on the Fire and Brimstone step needing me to push my normal incinerate button.

I realize that the best option would to simply put these to two separate key-binds, but doing so feels incredibly clunky. Has anyone had more success with a one button spam macro for destro aoe?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I myself am curious about about this, however I would like to ask a question or two.

1. Spells that are modified by Fire and Brimstone, do they retain the same spell ID? Or are they listed under a different spell ID/name?
2. I may be wrong on this, but wouldn't Destruction AoE be something like this:
FnB Curse of the Elements
FnB Immolate
Rain of Fire
FnB Conflagrate
FnB Incinerate

The reason I ask is due to the following:
- Having all enemies in the area affected by 5% magic damage taken (unless their is a assassination rogue in the group) will boost your numbers
- All targets being immolated means RoF deals 50% more damage
- Conflagrate will give you stacks of Backdraft
- Incinerates are now affected by Backdraft for faster cast times

Personally I feel that 3-4 separate key binds to cast the FnB moves without having to press FnB, then the spell you want to cast, and so on would be more efficient to Destruction's AoE.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
just make 2 keybinds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I couldn't find anything better than just having F&B on its own keybind.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock

Personally I feel that 3-4 separate key binds to cast the FnB moves without having to press FnB, then the spell you want to cast, and so on would be more efficient to Destruction's AoE.

I agree with that. I use a shift modifier with all of those spells to switch to a cast sequence macro with fire and brimstone added in so that I only have to hold shift and spam them in aoe situations.

I'm not sure about the spell ID question and not really sure how to look it up.

Since Fire and Brimstone and these spells aren't on the same GCD it seems a lot more efficient to have a one button macro than pressing two buttons. I know I can spam one button twice faster than I can hit two separate buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yeah, I use an alt modifier.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
From what I can tell, it's a tech issue with how the spell is coded and runs its checks.

Here's the breakdown:
You hit F&B, gain the buff, queue and cast your spell, but meanwhile F&B is greyed out. I believe it's waiting for the buff to fall off and running a check to see if you still have embers to use it, since the ember gain from those AoE's happens at the end of their cast.

I'm not sure if there's any better way they can implement it from the coding standpoint. I'd like to see a change where you can queue the next F&B as long as you still have an ember is reserve. It makes sense to wait til after the AoE-cast to check embers when you just burned the last one.
Reply Quote
Copied this from someone´s post, and it works, you just gotta wait till the first one completely takes its course. What I mean is you can´t hit the button like crazy, just take it one at a time.

#showtooltip
/use Fire and Brimstone
/use Incinerate
Edited by Giorggio on 12/12/2012 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
1. Spells that are modified by Fire and Brimstone, do they retain the same spell ID? Or are they listed under a different spell ID/name?

They are. Incinerate is 29722 normally, 114654 with F&B. Conflag is 17962 normally, 108685 with F&B. Immolate is 348 and 108686. Curse of the Elements is 1490 and 104225.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Copied this from someone´s post, and it works, you just gotta wait till the first one completely takes its course. What I mean is you can´t hit the button like crazy, just take it one at a time.

#showtooltip
/use Fire and Brimstone
/use Incinerate

I use something like this. It works well even with other spells since you dont cast them as much, especially in pve. Tends to immo every 12ish secs and then innc the rest of the time.

The other way to do it is make an alt or shift mod under inc and do it that way. This takes 1 less key bind.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
This macro won't work consistently

#showtooltip
/use Fire and Brimstone
/use Incinerate

It will just cast whatever of the 2 it can randomly, it's not guaranteed to cast in any order at any time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]