you bugged frost bomb with your nerf

90 Undead Mage
Vox
So the nerf is definitely in place, but it's bugged. ALL frost bombs are doing 50% less damage, regardless of whether or not it is detonated by fire blast.

With 46% pvp power against a 64% resil target, frost bomb only hits for ~34k normal and ~69k crit regardless of whether or not fire blast is used to detonate it. I'm fine with the nerf as good mages will be able to time their frost bomb detonations, but blizzard, you need to fix the bug.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i honestly dont see why you should be complaining with a 70k crit. that is 1/5ish of someones health with only 1 ability.

yes i am a DK, yes i know i hit hard ...
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Magejerk
So the nerf is definitely in place, but it's bugged. ALL frost bombs are doing 50% less damage, regardless of whether or not it is detonated by fire blast.

Guess I´m starting to believe God does exist, my mommy was right all this time!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
i honestly dont see why you should be complaining with a 70k crit. that is 1/5ish of someones health with only 1 ability.

Mages can only do damage inside of "frozen" targets. Our damage outside of it is garbage. (lol 12k frost bolt 2 second cast) Mages, along with other classes (not just warriors) needed burst damage nerfs, but now we have a bugged ability that hits really weak comparatively to the burst of other classes that also have better sustained.

To be honest I think they should have just nerfed frost bomb by like 33% (akin to demo nerfs since it was inline with chaos wave) regardless of how it was detonated.
Edited by Magejerk on 12/12/2012 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think it's not a bug. The wording as usual by blue posts is piss poorly done
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Giorggio

Guess I´m starting to believe God does exist, my mommy was right all this time!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!

LOL ... he exists , yes ... he exists.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Mage's dmg not only from Frost bomb but also from following proc (ffb->icelance), so their 76-80k frostbomb crit will follow with 45k ffb crit and 35k icelance crit (tested many times with my mage friend after nerfed) , their total dmg will be ~155k in 3s. Still high when they can do it every 30s lol
Edited by Aragozn on 12/12/2012 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I got my weapon just before the patch so i'm not really seeing a difference, crit some guy for 130k just then.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Ovenmitz
you crit some guy for 130k today?

Just realized it could have been a glaive because I seen it on my recount, i'm assuming the nerf was only applied to players so i'll go mess around in wsg and see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
My mages bomb is still hitting the same.
Reply Quote
critting 55-65k without any cd's or procs for most of that bg.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/12/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Fendx
critting 55-65k without any cd's or procs for most of that bg.

looks like it needs to be nerfed more
Reply Quote
Your Frost Bomb hit Zorba-Dath'Remar 90428 Frost. (Critical)

58% res disc priest might have had my 2k int from engineering up, cbf doing any more mage is boring as !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Oh your 8 sec cd spell shouldn't hit hard at all

oh you have no other hard hitting spells well too bad I hate mages

ffs buff frostbolt plz thank
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

With 46% pvp power against a 64% resil target, frost bomb only hits for ~34k normal and ~69k crit regardless of whether or not fire blast is used to detonate it. I'm fine with the nerf as good mages will be able to time their frost bomb detonations, but blizzard, you need to fix the bug.

/cough.. Working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Vox
I'm actually shocked so many people are ok with this change. You do realize any decent mage is going to be able to line up the exact same burst on you as before, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I haven't used the Fire Blast Glyph since Frost Bomb got nerfed the first time. But the fact that they decided to nerf it and keep the increased CD is what pisses me off.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Mage's dmg not only from Frost bomb but also from following proc (ffb->icelance), so their 76-80k frostbomb crit will follow with 45k ffb crit and 35k icelance crit (tested many times with my mage friend after nerfed) , their total dmg will be ~155k in 3s. Still high when they can do it every 30s lol

FFB only procs icelance like 12% of the time. If frostbomb is dispelled it stays on cooldown and we get no FFB.

12/12/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Magejerk
I'm actually shocked so many people are ok with this change. You do realize any decent mage is going to be able to line up the exact same burst on you as before, right?

Only if you're braindead and the stars align.
Edited by Crystalah on 12/12/2012 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]