Ferals and Shadow Priests under the radar

90 Human Paladin
Ferals and Shadow Priests are commonly referred to being part of any "God" comp and yet they fall under the radar! Their utility and damage is over the top!!

edit--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O_35NpLAb9A

If anyone wants to see a true one shot with only instants.
Edited by Taurendruíd on 12/12/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Ferals are part of the god comp?

Mage/Shadow priest/Resto druid or resto shaman is what I thought it was. I've never heard of a feral druid being part of a god comp....like ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Mage/Shadow priest/Resto druid or resto shaman is what I thought it was. I've never heard of a feral druid being part of a god comp....like ever.

You're right. OP is wrong.

Either way. feral is flying under the radar and no, taking pred's swiftness isn't the answer. I really think cyclone should be dispellable at this point.
Reply Quote
Shadow is fine.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
i think incarnation berserk natures vigil is the problem, and i think the way to fix it is to increase the energy cost of ravage to about 75 energy, this way you cannot spam 4 ravages during zerk/incarnation/natures vigil right off the bat from a full energy bar and having each ravage able to crit for 80k or more, right now ravage costs 45 energy, berserk reduces energy costs of abilities by 50%,natures vigil increases dmg done by 20% and incarnation allows the use of ravage outside of stealth with no positional requirement.

*ravage cost increased to 75-80 or so, allowing 2 ravages off the bat then you have to wait 2 more seconds for enough energy for the third, then 4 more seconds for the next ravage.

*incarnation duration increased to allow the same amount or more-ravages over time, to offset the energy cost nerf, this is to tweak the ability to make it decent in pve again(sotf) is better in pve anyway but you would want to make a change like this to incarnation so its still somewhat decent.

There feral burst is fixed, no more 4x ravages right off the bat during a 1 shot macro.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Actually feral is on the radar, at least according to GC. Mages and Warriors have been widely known as being OP since Beta, and were the definite worst offenders. Hence why we got nerfed first. Feral may be next. I think Blizzard is still debating whether or not they are OP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I don't think they have the slightest clue that ferals are broken... they just gave them a lot of damage buffs in 5.1 when they were already one of the strongest classes. They probably just think instant cyclone needs to be changed and they'll leave the unhealable damage alone
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Domesauce
I don't think they have the slightest clue that ferals are broken... they just gave them a lot of damage buffs in 5.1 when they were already one of the strongest classes. They probably just think instant cyclone needs to be changed and they'll leave the unhealable damage alone

what unhealable dmg, the one shot macro unhealable dmg or the unhealable dmg with no cds popped because im not seeing that unhealable dmg.

btw we didnt get any dmg buffs in 5.1
Edited by Formless on 12/12/2012 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
12/12/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Domesauce

Those were tooltip changes dating back to changes made earlier in 5.0/late on the PTR, when it became evident that spamming rake could be better dps than shred under certain conditions. They weren't damage buffs.

The problem, as with all melee, is cd stacking.

It would be great if playing soul of the forest / dream spec was viable, but right now feral is riding on the crazy upfront burst. With the healing nerfs maybe it will be possible.

Not that anyone uses ravage in PVE, but that will be their excuse for not nerfing ravage energy cost. That simply won't happen, and the only time outside of incarnation ravage is used is with a set bonus proc, where it's free anyway. If you don't want to dr stuns after a restealth as well, but if the cost were 75 energy you'd simply never use it from stealth unless you had a set bonus proc (and it wouldn't be an enormous deal)

I hope whatever change they have in store is a cd stacking nerf, but given that for some reason blizz has refused to do that to the other classes, I sort of doubt it will be. Undoubtedly it'll be a utility nerf that won't address the real problem, and feral will go back to S10 where you just play kitty cleave and destroy people while being fed freedoms.
Edited by Antipodus on 12/12/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Antipodus

Those were tooltip changes dating back to changes made earlier in 5.0/late on the PTR, when it became evident that spamming rake could be better dps than shred under certain conditions. They weren't damage buffs.

The problem, as with all melee, is cd stacking.

It would be great if playing soul of the forest / dream spec was viable, but right now feral is riding on the crazy upfront burst. With the healing nerfs maybe it will be possible.

Not that anyone uses ravage in PVE, but that will be their excuse for not nerfing ravage energy cost. That simply won't happen, and the only time outside of incarnation ravage is used is with a set bonus proc, where it's free anyway. If you don't want to dr stuns after a restealth as well, but if the cost were 75 energy you'd simply never use it from stealth unless you had a set bonus proc (and it wouldn't be an enormous deal)

I hope whatever change they have in store is a cd stacking nerf, but given that for some reason blizz has refused to do that to the other classes, I sort of doubt it will be. Undoubtedly it'll be a utility nerf that won't address the real problem, and feral will go back to S10 where you just play kitty cleave and destroy people while being fed freedoms.

yeeeeep
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Kumite
64 Human Monk
Meridian

Shadow is fine.

Uhhh. Shadow priests are probably the strongest spec atm...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

You're right. OP is wrong.

Either way. feral is flying under the radar and no, taking pred's swiftness isn't the answer. I really think cyclone should be dispellable at this point.

Agreed, it should be dispelled but how do you balance it with the fact that it makes the person in the cyclone invulnerable to damage. Does it become a stun? Would the ferals bleeds keep ticking on them? If it stayed the same only its dispellable, it would go from one of the best CCs if not THE best CC in arena, to worst...instantly.

Might as well make HoJ a 1.5 second cast and cut the duration in half.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
what unhealable dmg, the one shot macro unhealable dmg or the unhealable dmg with no cds popped because im not seeing that unhealable dmg.

btw we didnt get any dmg buffs in 5.1

Apologies, didn't realize they were only tooltip updates- there was a noticable damage increase but it must have just been the PvP Power increase.

And yea, the unhealable damage, that happens whenever you touch someone. Is it possible that you are not playing your class properly or are not fully geared?

Also, I don't see it as a CD stacking issue at all- I don't randomly get destroyed by cooldowns without seeing them or anything, I actually just get destroyed whenever I get touched
Edited by Domesauce on 12/12/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Or it's coming from the other class, Feral DPS is moderate, nothing incredible. The combination of another class might be whats causing your issue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/12/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Conspiracy
Or it's coming from the other class, Feral DPS is moderate, nothing incredible. The combination of another class might be whats causing your issue.

Not sure what your point is here. Ferals are fine if they play 2v3?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
i think incarnation berserk natures vigil is the problem, and i think the way to fix it is to increase the energy cost of ravage to about 75 energy, this way you cannot spam 4 ravages during zerk/incarnation/natures vigil right off the bat from a full energy bar and having each ravage able to crit for 80k or more, right now ravage costs 45 energy, berserk reduces energy costs of abilities by 50%,natures vigil increases dmg done by 20% and incarnation allows the use of ravage outside of stealth with no positional requirement.

*ravage cost increased to 75-80 or so, allowing 2 ravages off the bat then you have to wait 2 more seconds for enough energy for the third, then 4 more seconds for the next ravage.

*incarnation duration increased to allow the same amount or more-ravages over time, to offset the energy cost nerf, this is to tweak the ability to make it decent in pve again(sotf) is better in pve anyway but you would want to make a change like this to incarnation so its still somewhat decent.

There feral burst is fixed, no more 4x ravages right off the bat during a 1 shot macro.

What about when you aren't in berserker? Upping it to 75 cripples PvE feral openers and makes them rage starved and annoying to play for everything including even dailies. Instead of getting a rip off on their first combo chain, they have to use it for savage roar which drastically lowers their dps for the whole fight. You go from the hardest PvE DPS spec to excel at to making it impossible to excel at and downright annoying to play.

You obviously didn't think that through too well.
Reply Quote
43 Human Rogue
Ferals aren't part of godcomp, but are still scary. Berzerk + NV + Incarnation together is pretty nuts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
only thing wrong with ferals is cd stacking just like every other class(of course not one class has had this nerf yet....) anyway just make berserk and natures vigil not stackable and problem solved.

btw shadow is fine imo nothing super special there anymore compared to other classes
Edited by Usera on 12/12/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
You could make the case FPS is best comp now depending on how shatterplay/WMS play out after these nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/12/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Esmee
Actually feral is on the radar, at least according to GC. Mages and Warriors have been widely known as being OP since Beta, and were the definite worst offenders. Hence why we got nerfed first. Feral may be next. I think Blizzard is still debating whether or not they are OP.

After having seen a feral blow all his offensive CDs and then stop halfway throug his burst to heal???? that baffled me.. however I dont see them as OP unless they have all CDs up then there burst hurts Shadow priests OP? they do hurt too but the thing that pisses me off the most is the continous string of fears they hit me with.. Ive been feared and killed inside a fear almost every single time I go against a Spriest or a lock that uses their fear religously

If they dont use t well I can eat them for breakfast
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]