I Hate Pump.

85 Night Elf Druid
Okay. So a blind man can see it.

You trade in a magic type? The thing that can resist water? It still takes 580 damage from Pump, right on the nose.

Did you use an ability to block it? He'll just reuse it, because it has no cooldown. Good luck avoiding the second one. And if all you do is tag out, or burn defensive cooldowns, he'll eventually run you off the road.
Edited by Rollthebones on 12/12/2012 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
This is the funniest nerf something thread I have seen in a while. Not going to lie.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
You realize pump normally hits for less damage than ghostly bite right? The only thing its got going for it is its burst you can store and that it bugs out undead/mechanicals.

Pump isn't that strong. Now if an aquatic ever gets access to supercharge, then you can come back and complain.

Also, no way an elemental took 1900 on a pump from a non legendary tamer without a debuff. Pump (non crit) will hit an elemental for about 1200 on average.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I used to run two elementals on one of my pvp lineups.

Then I ran into an aquatic with pump.

Replaced one elemental with a fast flying pet and life was good again.

Put a bird on it.

For real.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
You realize pump normally hits for less damage than ghostly bite right? The only thing its got going for it is its burst you can store and that it bugs out undead/mechanicals.

Pump isn't that strong. Now if an aquatic ever gets access to supercharge, then you can come back and complain.

Also, no way an elemental took 1900 on a pump from a non legendary tamer without a debuff. Pump (non crit) will hit an elemental for about 1200 on average.

1280 to be precise.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Surrender, you're kind of an aficionado when it comes to Ghostly Bite. How many Pumps can one get off in the spam of a single Ghostly Bite? Does it come with a drawback? Does it stun you?

I don't believe so, no.

Also, simple math dictates that if it HITS for 900, it will hit an elemental for 1350. I'm not exactly sure of the increase of damage due to crits, but I DID mention that it crit for 1900, not HIT.

Besides, in regards to the hit/crit, I was merely comparing that damage to one such as Blood in the Water, which has a 3 round cooldown, a high miss chance, and is dependent to a startling degree on a debuff being applied to hit at all.

A friend told me his Aqua Strider Pumps for 555 damage, not including the 10% buff - turning it into a 610 damage attack on average.

Its attack is 227.

My crocodile with 305 attack deals 650 damage on average with Blood in the Water.

Another friend told me his Purple Puffer just Pumped a random critter for 884 damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Did you know thanks to its attack power it heals for almost 600 as well(550ish).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not even mad at the Purple Puffer. It's adorable. I just hate Pump. I hate it to such a mind boggling degree. It doesn't even have a cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Rollthebones
I'm not even mad at the Purple Puffer. It's adorable. I just hate Pump. I hate it to such a mind boggling degree. It doesn't even have a cooldown.

It has a built in cooldown and barely does any more damage with the +10% than other attacks at that attack power. The fact you are raging so hard is quite impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Surrender, you're kind of an aficionado when it comes to Ghostly Bite. How many Pumps can one get off in the spam of a single Ghostly Bite? Does it come with a drawback? Does it stun you?

I don't believe so, no.

Also, simple math dictates that if it HITS for 900, it will hit an elemental for 1350. I'm not exactly sure of the increase of damage due to crits, but I DID mention that it crit for 1900, not HIT.

Besides, in regards to the hit/crit, I was merely comparing that damage to one such as Blood in the Water, which has a 3 round cooldown, a high miss chance, and is dependent to a startling degree on a debuff being applied to hit at all.

A friend told me his Aqua Strider Pumps for 555 damage, not including the 10% buff - turning it into a 610 damage attack on average.

Its attack is 227.

My crocodile with 305 attack deals 650 damage on average with Blood in the Water.

Another friend told me his Purple Puffer just Pumped a random critter for 884 damage.

Your simply wrong. Ghostly Bite can be casted without warning (and without potential drawback as well). Pumps do not hit for 900 as you keep trying to claim. They get off 0 Pumps during the span of a ghostly Bite bw since they have to charge up.

Lets look at "Blood in the Water" you keep crying about. It has 1 pre-req, a bleed, which is doing damage. How much is pump doing their 1st turn? You guessed it, 0.

It hits for 600+ with zero chance to miss bleeding targets. It doesn't take a turn to charge up other than the dot, and it has a higher chance to hit than pump (it can be dodged AND miss). Guess what happens afterwards? They have to spend two turns to do that damage again, all the while telegraphing ahead of time what their doing.

I'm sorry that your unable to react to telegraphed burst. Do you need your hand held on how to deal with a crappy skill? Here is a ton of skills that makes them waste 2 turns

Block
Reflect
Dodge
Burrow
Dive
Lift Off

Your welcome, and L2P.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't get your logic. I really don't.

The fact that you seem to gravitate towards my threads and then disparage my every word is quite impressive, as well.

Also, barely? At that attack power? I literally just pointed out that at Attack Power 227, it is only 40 damage away from Blood in the Water, from the point of view of an attack power of 305.

Both require a one turn set up. One does not have a high miss chance, one does not have a three round cooldown. One is not telegraphed in such a way as, "Oh, I'm bleeding against a crocodile. If I leave, he'll miss. If I block, he's relegated to three rounds of spamming Surge." Compare that to, "Oh, he's using Pump. If I switch in anything, I'll be hit hard one way or the other. If I block, he can just use it again immediately afterwards."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I don't believe so, no.

Its attack is 227.

Your simply wrong. Ghostly Bite can be casted without warning (and without potential drawback as well). Pumps do not hit for 900 as you keep trying to claim. They get off 0 Pumps during the span of a ghostly Bite bw since they have to charge up.

Lets look at "Blood in the Water" you keep crying about. It has 1 pre-req, a bleed, which is doing damage. How much is pump doing their 1st turn? You guessed it, 0.

It hits for 600+ with zero chance to miss bleeding targets. It doesn't take a turn to charge up other than the dot, and it has a higher chance to hit than pump (it can be dodged AND miss). Guess what happens afterwards? They have to spend two turns to do that damage again, all the while telegraphing ahead of time what their doing.

I'm sorry that your unable to react to telegraphed burst. Do you need your hand held on how to deal with a crappy skill? Here is a ton of skills that makes them waste 2 turns

Block
Reflect
Dodge
Burrow
Dive
Lift Off

Your welcome, and L2P.

The hypocrisy coming from a guy who runs two Blighthawks is mind numbing. Also, yes, it does hit for 900 damage. I literally just had a friend use it on a random critter. You can call it a test run.

As to those counters? They work just as well against Ghostly Bite, an ability that you crow and croon about. More often, too, given Blighthawks are so wretchedly slow.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Moves have different ratios for different reasons. I'm POSITIVE that if you add up the bleed damage + Blood in the water it will come out to be the same or more damage overall. If Blood in the water hit as hard as pump that would be a little bit ridiculous.

If you block, yes, pump doesn't fall off. If you dodge/lift off/burrow/dive/reflect it does fall off. What are you so upset about? Can you not dish out the same amount of damage if not more in the 2 turns it takes a slow fish to pump? If you can't kill a 1400 fish by the 4th turn that is your own fault. Maybe, just maybe, you should stop running a crocodile 1v1 against it and expect to win?

I'm in a generous mood today. If that big mean purple puffer is bullying you so bad, heres a free tip. Get a Jade Owl till he stops running it.

Your welcome.

Edit: I haven't been running the hawks for awhile now, fooling around with other comps, but yes, those counters work slightly less effectively against ghostly bite as they do against pump. There is no warning with Bites compared to Pump (which is part of the reason it was nerfed).

Pump (and wind-up) will never be nerfed because they are fine.
Edited by Surrender on 12/12/2012 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Rollthebones
I literally just had a friend use it on a random critter.

test in duels with set pets, known resistance and rarity quality.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I wasn't aware there was a defense stat.

Surrender, why do you assume I'm fighting Purple Puffers?

You assume I'm being blocked so thoroughly, it's odd. I'm complaining because I have friends gloating about critting elementals for 1900 and it's stupid, when Blood in the Water's only critting for 1350.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Rollthebones
why do you assume I'm fighting Purple Puffers?

I ran into a Purple Puffer hitting me for 800 damage, abouts. It's really strong. =/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/12/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Rollthebones
critting elementals for 1900 and it's stupid,

Only the puffer dials it up that high, so really your problem isn't with pump at that point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Surrender, this is you defending Blighthawks:

11/26/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Surrender
At least your allowed to react to blighthawks, seeing as they have slow speed.

You know, it seems you jump on whatever bandwagon is powerful as all get out, and then abandon it the moment it gets nerfed.

Allow me to redirect you to this:

12/12/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Surrender
Dailies. Thats what I did to upgrade my 3 speed fluxfire cats, and now I have excess stones. I may just hold onto it when wild pets eventually become cageable.

You're already fielding three cats.

Oh, he's some more of you saying Blighthawks are sweet:

11/26/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Surrender
However, I have tried other comps, and this one is ridiculously strong, with very few direct counters to it. The bird is the word after all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hearus, Surrender assumed I was !@# deep in Purple Puffers(wtf). I fought one once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/13/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Rollthebones
Hearus, Surrender assumed I was !@# deep in Purple Puffers(wtf). I fought one once.

Complaining about something you have fought once. And then throwing out numbers that only that one thing can put out is kinda awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]