I Hate Pump.

90 Goblin Death Knight
12/12/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Rollthebones
Surrender, why do you assume I'm fighting Purple Puffers?

Because your complaining about 900+ pumps. The only aquatic pet capable of doing that WITHOUT buffs and/or debuffs is Purple Puffer.

Anybody gloating about crits is dumb, RNG is RNG. Just because my fluxfire feline crits for 3.9k+ on beasts doesn't mean anything. 1.9k crits on elementals are expected.

We've been over about the issue of blood in the water vs pump. You CANNOT compare moves like that. Pump requires 1 turn of doing NO damage and doesn't force switches. You cannot expect a move like that to hit as hard as pump when the crocs don't have similar ATK to purple puffers or the fact that your completely ignoring the bleed damage compared to pumps 1 turn of ZERO damage.

Edit: Grats on pulling out a comment from November. I like how your redircting your conversation away from OP Pumps (Their not) to my character and the fact that I like to have a variety of strong (perhaps OP) pets. I like to be competitive? I'm sorry you don't, and the Purple Puffers are stealing your lunch monies with their 900+ pumps (any other pet you claim is doing that is a flat out joke).
Edited by Surrender on 12/13/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yet I told you that a Strider with 227 attack was matching the damage of my 305 attack gator.

And I have people telling me their striders are matching those numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
12/13/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Rollthebones
Yet I told you that a Strider with 227 attack was matching the damage of my 305 attack gator.

Tell ya what. Come back when you can tell me the damage on your Rip + Blood in the water.

I already know its less than what the striders are doing. When you can do that, maybe, just maybe, you can cry OP. (and don't try to factor in cleansing rain with your strider maths cause your croc can benefit from that just as well on Blood in the Water).
Edited by Surrender on 12/13/2012 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

And I have people telling me their striders are matching those numbers.

Someone once told me I had a doody face. It turns out after seeing a doctor they were incorrect. And as Surrender has pointed out you are comparing apples to bologna sandwiches.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
A friend with a 244 Attack Mirror Strider reports Pump critting Elementals for 1.7-1.9k.

Also getting reports from another friend who fields a Strider with an attack of 260 hitting for 800-900.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/13/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Rollthebones
A friend with a 244 Attack Mirror Strider reports Pump critting Elementals for 1.7-1.9k.

Crits mean nothing. In particular against stuff you already hard counter.

12/13/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Rollthebones
Also getting reports from another friend who fields a Strider with an attack of 260 hitting for 800-900

barring buffs/debuffs I would guess the 900 is a slight over telling of the truth.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Seriously? Your gonna base a skill being ridiculous on crits? Well hey, since were throwing out RNG, Fluxfire Felines can 1 shot elementals with a supercharge Wind-Up crit. Their strong against that.

Complaining about Pump 1 shotting elementals with a crit seems kinda silly at this point.

Now I know your lying about the strider. I'm gonna do the math for ya since your friends a liar.

Pump has a 2.25 ATK ratio and a base damage of 45

45 + 260 = 305 damage * 2.25 = 686.25 * 1.1 = 754

Your friend is including Cleansing Rain so 754 * 1.25 = 943.59375

So now your crying about a move doing 943 damage WITH A 3 TURN SETUP.

Seriously, your making a fool of yourself at this point.
Edited by Surrender on 12/13/2012 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
lvl 25 critters

Purple puffer power 325

Dancing water skimmer power 257

Eternal strider power 305

Mirror strider power 305

No crits. All against level 25 golden civets. I didn't hear it from a friend. I can post screenies if you need. Now let it go.....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hey, guess what. You talking about your current pet crush is no surprise here. Everyone's going off on how strong they are. I expect they'll be nerfed soon enough, and then you'll stop crowing over them.

I'm going to forfeit this discussion. No matter what anyone says, someone will tell them they're wrong.

Someone will say Fluxfire Feline is too strong, and someone will pipe up and say "BUT IT'S TELEGRAPHED" and "THEY'RE NOT STURDY".

Someone said Blighthawks were too strong, and someone told them to counter it with a list suspiciously like the one linked earlier in this thread.

No matter what anyone says, someone will just shrug and defend it.

Because this is WoW.

So I'm throwing in the towel.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/13/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Rollthebones
No matter what anyone says, someone will just shrug and defend it.

I defend it because you posted lies. That you heard from a friend. And once confronted with the fact you give us?

12/13/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Rollthebones
So I'm throwing in the towel.

Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Most people do throw in the towel when their "wrong" and rely on facts from a "friend of a friend" and "this one time, I fought a purple puffer, and it did OVER 9000 DAMAGE".

Thats fine to hate people who like FotM pets. But their FotM for a reason, cause their strong and competitive. I like how you only picked out Fluxfire Feline and Blighthawk from my pet list, but fail to mention any of the other strong pets I have waiting around like

Magical Crawdad
Flayer Youngling
Ghostly Skull
Leopard Tree Frog
Power Oozes waiting for stones
Crow
Mr. Grubbs
Crystal Spider

But hey, I like to win. Sorry if that puts a damper on your losses. Also, as tiring as it is to point out, your simply wrong. I have stated that Fluxfire Feline is OP. Ghostly Bite got a deserved nerf (it was too easy to get in 2 bites per hawk before). I've even offered solutions against said pets.

Like I said, people don't like to be told when their wrong, so naturally they hate on me for any other reason than about the topic on hand. Nothing new here.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I posted lies? I got hit by a Purple Puffer for 900 damage with Pump. My friends continually gloat about their Striders hitting for 800-900 damage.

If I say my friends say they're hitting for 900, that's hearsay, not a lie. If I am hit for 900, that's empirical evidence, not a lie.

If my personal evidence isn't worth anything to you, then yours isn't worth a damn thing to me.

In your words: "you posted lies". Are they? It doesn't matter.

So you can kindly shove it.

Go ahead and get the last word. Feel validated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Yet instead of actually checking a damn thing you went off and made a nerf it now post. Seems legit bro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Guys I got hit by a 3k deep breathe, nerf it now!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/13/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Buzzshot
Guys I got hit by a 3k deep breathe, nerf it now!

Oddly more compelling than if your friend said it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Hearus
Yet instead of actually checking a damn thing you went off and made a nerf it now post. Seems legit bro.

Yet instead of actually making a valid post, you tell me I'm crying for nerfs when the only thing I'm doing is saying it's very strong and that I hate it. Book ends, man. First post started with I hate Pump. First post ended with I Hate Pump.

Your ability to flagrantly assume seems legit, bro.

You're a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/13/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Rollthebones
Yet instead of actually making a valid post

lvl 25 critters

Purple puffer power 325

Eternal strider power 305

Mirror strider power 305

No crits. All against level 25 golden civets. I didn't hear it from a friend. I can post screenies if you need. Now let it go.....

wut
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Hes mad cause he got actual math thrown at him instead of random numbers and "I heard from a friend of a friend who knew this guy once whos cousin did a pet battle against a strider".

Edit: and now I'm half tempted to find the ratios on rip + blood in the water just to show it does more damage than a single pump.
Edited by Surrender on 12/13/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I can look at that and see this:

Alongside

Mirror strider power 305

Something tells me your data's a bit, oh, I don't know, lacking.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hes mad cause he got actual math thrown at him instead of random numbers and "I heard from a friend of a friend who knew this guy once whos cousin did a pet battle against a strider".

Edit: and now I'm half tempted to find the ratios on rip + blood in the water just to show it does more damage than a single pump.

Let me use this word again:

Nice flagrant exaggeration of what I said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]