LFR Loot System

90 Human Paladin
To be honest this new loot system sucks, this is probably one main cause to my debate on quitting. I loved the way it was before and now people are getting tier sh!t they don't need and then complain about getting for 3+ weeks. Its ridiculous, if you wanted to improve the looting system why not edit the previous one and not allow needing on duplicate items unless it was actual tier pieces so that way people wouldn't complain and wouldn't have to deal with this joke of a looting system. I dont want to be that guy that just QQ's about it but maybe if i heard other opinions on it maybe it could better help me understand this stupid thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They also wanted to deal with the issue of easily funneling loot to people, something your suggestion doesn't address.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You need to understand how the current system works. I believe that the current system is a two roll event. The first roll determines whether a usable piece of gear would have dropped for you from that boss. In the old system, this was simply the roll that determined what items the boss would drop. The second roll determines whether you would have had a high enough ... roll.. to win the item if had it dropped. Basically, its the exact same system, its just upsetting because its not visual. Finally, a lot of players seem to have amnesia about what happened in the previous system. No one shared gear or didn't roll on every single thing they could need because they already had it or did not need it. Thats just my two cents on the matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Dayuv
They also wanted to deal with the issue of easily funneling loot to people, something your suggestion doesn't address.

Yeah thats true but why just not make it soulbound..?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Rob
its just upsetting because its not visual

It would be pretty nice if they put a visual in because it is kinda upsetting not seeing whats going on behind the magic curtain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
next time an idea comes into your head and you want to make thread #1209813401298 about said idea, unsub and save us all the trouble.

If you cant understand that the new system gives you a better chance at loot, then you are hopeless and should unsub.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
next time an idea comes into your head and you want to make thread #1209813401298 about said idea, unsub and save us all the trouble.

If you cant understand that the new system gives you a better chance at loot, then you are hopeless and should unsub.
I was just trying to better understand it, there's no need to be a jerk about it. It may have not come out the way i wanted to say it, but im just wondering why with this new improved loot system people get items that are either the same or better quality multiple times where some don't nearly anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If you saw a bunch of other players getting loot and you didn't, would that make you more upset or less?

That's the huge snag. You don't benefit -at all- from knowing that others got stuff, so that information is hidden. Knowing the outcome of rolls might shift blame a little bit toward bad luck instead of declaring the whole system unfair and broken, but not much. Either way you're not winning stuff, and you're already complaining about others getting tier tokens they don't need, so nothing would be solved.

The old LFR loot system was unfair and horrendously abused. There were other suggestions on how to fix it, but the % chance lootbag works nicely for world bosses, and it's completely fair, so it's a good fir for LFR too. The chance for getting a particular item has always been very low, especially if you have any competition for it. Locking that rate at 15% is beneficial to you, and you're still complaining about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard is much happier with all the loot drama being directed at them, instead of at the other people in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/11/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Elî
if you wanted to improve the looting system why not edit the previous one and not allow needing on duplicate items unless it was actual tier pieces so that way people wouldn't complain

That right there is why you brought this on yourself. People kept complaining about other people rolling need in situations like this this. The catch is that it was perfectly ok for players to roll need on items they already had or items that were not even upgrades for them, or even items they planned to give to a friend. People like you who assumed that this was somehow a terrible abuse of the system and kept whining until the devs had no choice but to give you a loot system where

a) you can't see what is going on, so that you can't harass the winners (which happened alot in the old system btw)

b) your personal chance at loot can't be "affected" by other people. This means individual loot, and it means that, since people complained sooooo much about guildies trading, that you cannot trade items either since it increased another person's chances over your own.

TL;DR - This is what you asked for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/11/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Elî

Yeah thats true but why just not make it soulbound..?

What I meant was entire guilds queuing up for LFR with some alts mixed in and just guaranteeing loot (if it drops) to mains.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yet another mark in the column of "LFR whiners have never raided".

Yes, it is stunning, just, absolutely flabbergasting, that you may only get loot that is not a great upgrade when running a raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]