Weapons Bugged

(Locked)

90 Undead Rogue
I purchased two Malevolent Gladiator's Ripper's before the 5.1 content change patch.

After the patch several things happened.

• My Ripper's did not receive the PVP power buff all the other weapons got.
  • My Ripper's did not have the option to be upgraded. (did not show 0/2)
    They had a hotfix...
  • My Ripper's now have the proper amount of PVP power yay.
  • My Ripper's have the option to be upgraded (showing 0/2)
  • I am very excited and run to the item upgrade NPC and place one of my Ripper's in the slot to be upgraded.....

My Ripper's can be upgraded but only with VALOR and NOT with CONQUEST points.

I will receive no benefit from this request, no special buff nor will I benefit from this request in any way if fulfilled, only to be on par with my fellow pvper's. Can I please have these replaced with ones that work and are upgradeable properly with conquest. (the ones on vendor work i hear?) Or can you replace them with the swords please.

I have opened over 5 tickets for this and EVERY TIME the GM tells me "they are working on it"
    Finally a GM said "They have been hot fixed and you have to wait until server reset" So today (Tuesday) I waited for server maintenance to finish and logged in.

MY WEAPONS ARE STILL BUGGED AND UNABLE TO BE UPGRADED WITH CONQUEST only VALOR.

I do not understand why it is such a big issue to replace them with weapons that work in the same category ie The Malevolent Gladiator Swords....
    Edited by Roraks on 12/12/2012 8:44 AM PST
    100 Blood Elf Priest
    Exit the game, open your WoW directory, and delete the Cache folder from within.
    14 Blood Elf Priest
    If you believe that this is a bug Whisper, then you need to post it in the Bug Report forum for the developers to see.

GMs cannot fix bugs or "issues" with weapons.
    90 Undead Rogue
    I posted it there too but apparently the bug report doesn't work because I've had this issue since 5.1
    69 Orc Death Knight
    12/11/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Whisper
    I posted it there too but apparently the bug report doesn't work because I've had this issue since 5.1

So... two weeks? No offense, but that's an extremely narrow timeframe for most bugs to get resolved.
    90 Undead Rogue
    12/11/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Danvers
    So... two weeks? No offense, but that's an extremely narrow timeframe for most bugs to get resolved

GM's still lied to me

GM's CAN replace the items with working ones.

No real excuse. Quality Assurance would suggest my items just be replaced with working as intended items. it takes them seconds.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    So... two weeks? No offense, but that's an extremely narrow timeframe for most bugs to get resolved

GM's still lied to me

No real excuse. Quality Assurance would suggest my items just be replaced with working as intended items. it takes them seconds.

But if they can't replicate the bug that you are seeing, then they don't have a reason to replace it. They can't go against the policy they are required to follow.

Them following policy( i.e. the rules or they can be terminated) doesn't mean they are lying to you, they simply aren't allowed to. You are assuming quite a bit of what you think their QA department would think.

Did you try deleting the cache as outlined above? Your display could be bugged.
    Edited by Frostbringer on 12/11/2012 8:12 PM PST
    69 Orc Death Knight
    12/11/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Whisper

GM's still lied to me

Er... why would they? It's faster, easier, and better for them if the customer's made happy by giving them what they want. The GMs typically don't do so only if they're not allowed for whatever reason. They gain nothing by otherwise leaving you unhappy.

And they can also get fired for violating policy.

That's for QA to tell the GMs, though, not the players.
    90 Undead Rogue
    12/11/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Danvers

Fired for keeping up with quality assurance...makes sense.

Er... why would they? It's faster, easier, and better for them if the customer's made happy by giving them what they want. The GMs typically don't do so only if they're not allowed for whatever reason. They gain nothing by otherwise leaving you unhappy.

Lie = GM telling me items are fixed when they aren't to avoid fixing the easily solved problem.

I have had items replaced just because I didn't like the way they looked before.

12/11/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Danvers
    So... two weeks? No offense, but that's an extremely narrow timeframe for most bugs to get resolved.

The problem CAN be solved in the click of a button by replacing my items with working ones.
    69 Orc Death Knight

Fired for keeping up with quality assurance...makes sense.

No, fired for breaking policy. If policy says they can't do this for you, they can't do this for you.

Lie = GM telling me items are fixed when they aren't to avoid fixing the easily solved problem.

Yes, because they a) controlled whether or not the fix pushed live worked for you, and b) personally profit from upsetting you.

They were wrong about the patch fixing it, clearly. That is not remotely the same thing as maliciously misleading you.

I have had items replaced just because I didn't like the way they looked before.

And I had an item restored from years prior once. Policies change, and that's not happening anymore.

The problem CAN be solved in the click of a button by replacing my items with working ones.

Assuming they're allowed to do so. Evidence available suggests they're not.
    Edited by Danvers on 12/11/2012 9:37 PM PST
    90 Undead Rogue
    12/11/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Danvers
    And I had an item restored from years prior once. Policies change, and that's not happening anymore.

2-3 weeks ago?....GM replacing my Swords with Fist weps because i didnt like swords. and because they were bugged costing 2500 when i bought my swords. They even sent me my enchants.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/wowscrnshot111112001018.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/wowscrnshot111112001124.jpg/

Image of my bugged items shown being only upgradable with Valor:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/wowscrnshot121112202427.jpg/

They would not be fired for helping me play on the same level as everyone else.
    I could upgrade my weapons with valor but I PVE jsut as much as i PVP so using up my Valor on pvp gear is not an option for me.

If my items can be replaced for aesthetic purposes why cant they be replaced to work properly?
    Edited by Whisper on 12/11/2012 9:41 PM PST
    69 Orc Death Knight

2-3 weeks ago?....GM replacing my Swords with Fist weps because i didnt like swords. They even sent me my enchants.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/wowscrnshot111112001018.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/wowscrnshot111112001124.jpg/

Edit: Got a closer look, and no, they didn't change it because you didn't like the appearance. They changed it because the prices were wrong, and presumably QA approved the swap.

Image of my bugged items shown being only upgradable with Valor:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/wowscrnshot121112202427.jpg/

They would not be fired for helping me play on the same level as everyone else.
    I could upgrade my weapons with valor but I PVE jsut as much as i PVP so using up my Valor on pvp gear is not an option for me.

If my items can be replaced for aesthetic purposes why cant they be replaced to work properly?

Because you're jumping to conclusions based on extremely little evidence and your own emotional state.

Edit: Additionally, being rude to GMs isn't going to endear you to them. It's not going to change what their bosses say they can and cannot do. Blaming them for not being authorized to do what you ask doesn't impress anyone.
    Edited by Danvers on 12/11/2012 9:49 PM PST
    90 Undead Rogue
    12/11/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Danvers
    Because you're jumping to conclusions based on extremely little evidence and your own emotional state.

Flawless evidence in above posts showing my swords were replaced for the mere reason of me not liking swords and purchasing swords at the time when fist WEPs still cost 2500conq when everything else was 1750conq. The GM replaced my swords with the fists.

GM after GM telling me they cant help me and that i have to wait for hot fix that didnt happen is very upsetting when I know for 100% fact they can easily fix my issue.

I would gain no benefit switching back to swords other than being on the same playing feild as other one-hand melee users in pvp.
    69 Orc Death Knight

Flawless evidence in above posts showing my swords were replaced for the mere reason of me not liking swords and purchasing swords at the time when fist WEPs still cost 2500conq when everything else was 1750conq. The GM replaced my swords with the fists.

And for whatever reason, you assumed that this was because you didn't like the look of the items, rather than the bugged cost. Your reasoning is tremendously flawed -- both in the assumption that they allowed the swap for cosmetic reasons alone, AND because you assume this one incident means you have perfect understanding of a blanket policy.

GM after GM telling me they cant help me and that i have to wait for hot fix that didnt happen is very upsetting when I know for 100% fact they can easily fix my issue.

You assume they can, based on the flawed recollection of one encounter. Just because they have the mechanical means to replace an item does not mean they have authorization to do so.

I would gain no benefit switching back to swords other than being on the same playing feild as other one-hand melee users in pvp.

And? That only informs your motivation for the swap in that petition. It does not define what Blizzard's policy was, nor the precise reason why they issued the prior swap.
    Edited by Danvers on 12/11/2012 10:00 PM PST
    90 Undead Rogue
    So what your saying is im wrong assuming they can replace my items for items because they used to be bugged but cant replace my items because they are bugged.

that is the dumbest logic i have ever heard.

they CAN replace them
    69 Orc Death Knight
    So what your saying is im wrong assuming they can replace my items for items because they used to be bugged but cant replace my items because they are bugged.

No.

I'm saying that QA may have approved it for one bug but not the other.

that is the dumbest logic i have ever heard.

Only because you're the one who wrote it that way, as a strawman argument.

they CAN replace them

Mechanically, yes. You have no idea what their internal policies, however, nor do any of us who don't work at Blizzard. You're assuming a one-size-fits-all policy based on one incident, though, and refusing to acknowledge even the possibility that you may be mistaken.
    91 Blood Elf Paladin
    So I get that you're annoyed, since you've made a bunch of posts and replies regarding this issue all over the place. Any customer service reps in this area will not be able to help you with the in-game items, so posting here to just grief the employees really isn't doing anything much to help you or them.

The only people that can help you are the GMs, and they do not frequent the forums. If you're unhappy with your ticket, put in another one describing the issues with the service from the first one and your request/issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032489#4

Considering the date from this post, couldn't you have just gotten the gear replaced yourself instead of waiting two weeks for a GM to *maybe* replace your gear?

12/11/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Whisper

Screenshots are not considered "Flawless evidence", as they can be edited and altered. Just so you know.
    90 Draenei Hunter
    hmmm I don't know if I'd be willing to try it, but have you tried deleting them and then using item restore?
    90 Undead Rogue
    12/11/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Neferentium
    Screenshots are not considered "Flawless evidence", as they can be edited and altered. Just so you know.

Any GM or Dev can see my history of petitions and tickets or what not and see that the screenshot is valid.
    100 Blood Elf Hunter
    12/11/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Whisper
    Any GM or Dev can see my history of petitions and tickets or what not and see that the screenshot is valid.

GMs will always go by their logs. They do not take any kind of screen shot as evidence of anything. Your only option is to do this through the ticket system, since the SFA's that post here wouldn't be able to do anything for you. They are extremely limited on what they can do with anything in-game.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]