Stop, Woah, Back It Up

90 Undead Death Knight
I understand a lot of people are upset about the healing nerf, but really, this is a positive thing. Overall, four things were accomplished, three of which were necessary:

Mages were toned down. A lot. The necessary ability was hit and it was done without affecting PvE. Huzzah, yay, and go dev team. I'm actually exceedingly grateful; I was growing increasingly defeatist as to their attitude towards the forums.

Warriors got nerfed. Sure, their initial burst is still wtf powerful and they have been reduced to a one-button-two-minute class, but that's workable. This can be approached in further hotfixes and patches. You can't change too much at a time, especially not with hotfixes. It has to be a gradual change, and this was a step in the right direction.

Death Knights were buffed. Yes, even though it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, the 15% healing nerf had a very important side-effect: Necrotic Strike is now that much stronger. Necrotic Strike does not enjoy much popularity, and this will definitely help it.

And finally, healing was nerfed. Do I think this was needed? Yes and no. Poor player that I am, I still have trouble burning down a paladin in a timely manner, but that's as much due to their CC kit as their healing. Druids were okay, their mobility was a motherfu-

What do you mean I can't say that on the forums?

Fine. They mobility was strong, and this won't fix that. On the other hand, it drives Mistweavers, Disc Priests, Holy Priests, hybrid classes and, most importantly, my new class: Monks, further into the ground.

I've seen people espouse the idea of baby steps, yet there's still outrage. This was a full on adult stride that hit 75% of its intended targets (three necessary changes, one flop). Why are we not celebrating that they finally seem to care?

CHAMPAGNE, YOU INGRATES, CHAMPAGNE. If we show the responsible devs a party, maybe they'll come back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have to get the kids in bed first, but then I'll toast to the devs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Trenk
it drives Mistweavers

12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Trenk
and, most importantly, my new class: Monks

*giggle*
but no I agree with this completely. Some changes were curious, but c'est la vie.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't do Mistweavers the dignity of considering them monks because they turned their back on the Holy Yellow Bar.

I play Windwalker.
Reply Quote
While the intent was nice, there is still far more things that need to be fixed to balance PvP in MoP. At least this was a nice step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Splunch, you're useless as a person, poster, and player.

Go back to studying for your finals.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I play disc.

I approve of the change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I have to ask, Cons, why?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should put battle fatigue to 50% so any drooling baddie can solo a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
See, Dimi, that's what I meant about the downer attitude. How about we be pleased that we took three steps towards balance instead of one step away?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Healers outside of Disc/MW were healing far too much. Blizzard considered the two nerfs applied enough to simmer down the current kings, so they implemented the healing nerf that they've been talking about since the dev cooler.

Sure I heal less, but any comp I'd run is already attempting to kill the healer before I oom, this hardly effects the absorb healer with damage mitigation. We're still easily the worst healer, but this change was necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All I could think is how wonderful spending half an energy bar to heal myself 6-8k is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Most of these changes are fine, but several hybrid specs really didn't need more healing nerfs: Windwalkers, Enhancement Shamans, Ret Paladins, Ele Shamans... and so forth were not really doing well the begin with. The devs did mention that the PvP power nerf might be somewhat rolled back soon, by some percentage, probably not back to the full original amount... it's probably time for hybrid dps to get 50% of the benefit of PvP that healers get.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
@Cons I can understand that.

@Kallik That concerns me, too. My monk will have tears in his eyes every time he fights until he can get some gear.

Edit: @Thumos I agree with them getting partial bonuses, that'd be pretty cool and hold to the hybrid feel. Hopefully that'll be among the next set of fixes.
Edited by Trenk on 12/11/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/11/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Kallìk
All I could think is how wonderful spending half an energy bar to heal myself 6-8k is.

This. Enhance and WW monks get another slap in the face. My chi wave bounces for 11k ticks at this point. 44k I get for a 8 second cd with a long travel time that costs my main damage dealing resource. Now it will be a 37k heal....
Should I just take it off my bars now?

Warriors already out heal me with a passive...what the hell....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Bella, I sympathize with the long travel times, but these shouldn't apply to most classes.

All melee, of course, will be in melee range. Healers are a bit of an issue, but at least you don't really need the heal when you're fighting them. So that leaves hunters, shadow priests, elementals, boomkins, mages, and warlocks. Typically, you can bounce your Chi Wave off of pets, healing you for a good amount. That cuts warlocks and hunters out, leaving SPriests, Elementals, Boomkins, and mages. Just four instances, and I don't see many elementals or boomkins. I was more displeased about the Healing Sphere hit. It only pops for about 20K right now, this'll cut it to 17K. That's no fun.

I maintain that this is largely positive, though. I'm hoping there'll be more PvP-oriented hotfixes to follow. While Blizz is largely hit and miss lately (blanket nerfs most notably), this acknowledges a lot of player complaint and addresses it.

If they give hybrid classes (any class with a healing specc) access to 50% of the healing PvP Power, I think that'd put 'em right. Then we can work on ferals and instant CC.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
12/11/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Bellathissa

This. Enhance and WW monks get another slap in the face. My chi wave bounces for 11k ticks at this point. 44k I get for a 8 second cd with a long travel time that costs my main damage dealing resource. Now it will be a 37k heal....
Should I just take it off my bars now?

Warriors already out heal me with a passive...what the hell....

Chi-Wave is barely worth it now. I can't see it being worth it after this healing nerf. Maybe Zen Sphere for a little bit of passive healing...kinda fire and forget.

I am ok with the nerf overall but they have to do something to fix WW passive defenses. This is going to hurt us bad =/.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The healing nerf is an indirect buff to Affliction. That much makes me a very happy person.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I don't know much about Affliction. Elaborate?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]