Stop, Woah, Back It Up

80 Human Priest
12/11/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Trenk
I don't know much about Affliction. Elaborate?

THe healing nerf is a buff to any class that deals sustained damage...or in more simplistic terms... "Wears their opponent down over time".

Affliction, Unholy, WindWalker, Frost DKs all fit this model. Those classes will get stronger as burst and healing gets weaker.

Those specs (not so much frost), don't do well when matches can end in 30secs.

Also MW monks because of the nerfs are a far stronger sustained damage healer. If damage comes down, and pressure and spread damage becomes more common..you will see MW become a desired healer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Oh, okay, I get'cha. I was under the impression Affliction warlocks did something that was directly affected by healing done to the target. Something other than damage, I mean.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Trenk
Poor player that I am, I still have trouble burning down a paladin in a timely manner, but that's as much due to their CC kit as their healing. Druids were okay, their mobility was a motherfu-

yes nerf healing because dps finds it hard to kill a healer, without realizing healers can't kill them as well

le sigh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Healers are supposed to kill dps? Wrath is long gone buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warr's heroic stack nerfed is fine to me, that should be it anw
But can anyone confirm '2nd wind' affected by this healing nerfed?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
It's hard to not realize healers can't kill you when you're faced with such meager evidence as not being dead. I think the issue is more the binary state of WoW: You're either dead, or you're not. There is rarely a 'wounded state' where the person's hovering around 30-50% health because healing is just so strong right now. You're 100%, or you're zero.

But that's entirely beside the point, because what you quoted was sarcasm anyways. I can kill a paladin given enough time, I just have to OOM him. The time it takes to OOM said paladin is a little ridiculous. That is all I meant.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Warr's heroic stack nerfed is fine to me, that should be it anw
But can anyone confirm '2nd wind' affected by this healing nerfed?

God I hope so
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/11/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Trenk
Oh, okay, I get'cha. I was under the impression Affliction warlocks did something that was directly affected by healing done to the target. Something other than damage, I mean.

Affliction can now actually threaten a healer's mana bar via multi-DoTing alone (in 3s as per what my friend Limity has told me), never mind with another DPS as well with Haunt + Malefic Grasp damage on a target.

Things are looking good.
Edited by Psyops on 12/11/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
You know, I like your grammar. We should create an Affliction-Windwalker team, find a healer, and name it "Bet You Didn't Expect OOM".

Actually, this sounds like an expensive and painstaking endeavor. Let's just agree that we're all awesome and that this change was a mostly good thing that could use some tweaking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i didn't mean it that way, and it's exactly because we can't take down dps which is all the more why a 1v1 between a dps and a healer should always end up in a stalemate unless either one outplays the other, and not because the mechanics made it such that healers/dps would always prevail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1 dps shouldn't be able to kill 1 equally geared healer unless there is a skill difference that's why 2s are not mentioned in balance discussions. What happened to teamwork coordinating a kill.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm comfortable with the idea of a DPS being unable to kill a healer until they OOM, honestly. It's the time that takes that bugs me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Trenk
Mages were toned down. A lot. The necessary ability was hit and it was done without affecting PvE. Huzzah, yay, and go dev team. I'm actually exceedingly grateful; I was growing increasingly defeatist as to their attitude towards the forums.

So Glyph of Fire Blast was the necessary ability?

You do realize 1v1 you're still going to get hit for 195k Frost Bombs in a Deep. The only difference is instead of a 50k Fire Blast on top of it, you're going to be eating a 100K Ice Lance.

You can't possibly mean Frost Bomb. Because Frost Bomb was unchanged.

The only thing that changed is timing. The Burst potential is still there. You'll be right back here QQing in a day or two when Mages adjust and no longer use Glyph of Fire Blast.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Glyph of Fire Blast was a good target. I think that smart CC will really matter now, especially once the instant CC nerfs go through. Just for you, I promise to hold my QQ until after I see how it is after the upcoming changes. I expect, though, that it'll be easier to tell good mages from trash ones from hereon out.

1v1 isn't my concern. I don't arena much on this character anymore, but I like to watch the game's balance. If I'm lucky, I might even get my druid to try 3s again and give that a go.

I'm still disappointed no one's made a joke with the title, or at least completed the line of the song.
Reply Quote
Dude a straight up 15% healing nerf is going to have me soloing every healer, and I know thats stupid. Everyone is going to get nerfed at this rate its a viscous cycle now of blizzard doesn't know wtf there doing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Shinyman
Dude a straight up 15% healing nerf is going to have me soloing every healer, and I know thats stupid. Everyone is going to get nerfed at this rate its a viscous cycle now of blizzard doesn't know wtf there doing.

Bingo.

We usually don't get to this point of an expansion until the very last Tier. Can't wait to see what happens in the next Tier with even more Resilience. And even more PVP Power.

Blizz, fire these JV scrubs already and get back some of the people that are working on Titan.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The healing nerf is fine.

It's overkill for hybrids though. I have a feeling they are going to reintroduce PvP power to hybrid damage dealers at 33-50% effectiveness. They hinted at it in a blog before and it makes sense considering they just blanket nerfed all healing effectiveness by another 15%.

There still needs to be changes but it's certainly getting there.

If they fix some of the instant CC in this game slightly I think we might end up with a good season. Symbiosis just needs to flat out be removed from arena and displacer beast CD needs to be looked at as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm on Grom's optimism train. Solo'ing healers isn't a bad thing unless there's a major skill difference, and two of the major burst classes had their random burst (warriors) and their on-demand (mages) toned down. It's a good start.

I'm not trying to argue that this is a perfect state of PvP, and I do think the 15% was overkill, but the gist of the post was that three steps forward, one step back is still two steps closer to balanced than we were before.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
I like the mage change. Smart ones can set up a frost bomb and be rewarded with big numbers, while the glyph is more of a "burn this guy down now" kind of thing.

As for the warrior change, also all for it. The 3 stack burst was dumb, but 1 stack still allows us to use a lot of rage for a quick burst of damage, while not being completely out of control.

Healing change? Seems like a bad idea, but we'll have to see.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Does anyone know how Battle Fatigue and things like MS work? Do they stack or is MS considered the dominate debuff thus replacing BF?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]