Stop, Woah, Back It Up

90 Undead Death Knight
I want to say they stack multiplicatively. Let's invent a new mortal strike that only cuts healing by 10%.

You heal for 100K. Being the larger number, Battle Fatigue will be taken out of the heal first. You're now healing for 70K.

Then this new buff cuts out it's 10%, so you heal for 63K.

At least, that's how I'd do it. It'd be ridiculous to do it in the reverse - 100K becoming 90K becoming approx. 60K. It's just 3K difference, but it'd add up fast.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
If thats the case then its def a buff to all classes. But if MS rules out BF, then its only a buff to classes without MS.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yeaaaah... Don't quote me on that, that's pure speculation based on how I'd have done it. And Blizzard isn't famous for doing things how I'd do them.
Reply Quote
5 Draenei Warrior
12/12/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Trenk
Yeaaaah... Don't quote me on that, that's pure speculation based on how I'd have done it. And Blizzard isn't famous for doing things how I'd do them.

You mean logically right?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Is it logical to want to ban every team that runs god comp?

If so, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
These are all great changes and all.
But not enough.

And my class is still a laughing stock.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I think they'll increase your viability indirectly as a rogue. CC on mage teams and sustained damage just got more important.
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
I still think that healers should not be able to fight dps classes and just laugh at them with impunity because they can outlast the DPS with nearly infinite mana.

I really think the homogenization and changing of mana to be a fixed number was a horrible idea. Along with all the other 'simplifying' they did that just made the game another tier more complex in its own way.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Woohoo. Now Necrotic Strike can stack up to keep me from healing for a full 10 seconds.

Edit: I wonder how long until they just remove all healing from PvP in its entirety.
Edited by Gwendel on 12/12/2012 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Trenk
And finally, healing was nerfed. Do I think this was needed? Yes and no. Poor player that I am, I still have trouble burning down a paladin in a timely manner, but that's as much due to their CC kit as their healing. Druids were okay, their mobility was a motherfu-

You said everything there, this post is classic "nerf scissors, rock is fine sincerely paper" you admit you are not particularly good and yet think you are entitled to be able to solo a healer. There is no reason why one dps should be able to kill a healer because it makes actually playing a healer redundant and unrewarding.
Edited by Sotec on 12/12/2012 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/12/2012 02:45 AMPosted by Gwendel
I wonder how long until they just remove all healing from PvP in its entirety.

This seems to be the way OP wants to go, because healers are unbalanced and unfair
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
This seems to be the way OP wants to go, because healers are unbalanced and unfair

Well, most healers are, right now. Tell me you think being able to crit a low HP target on your shaman for a ridiculous bomb heal, even with a healing debuff for a six digit heal, is fair. Especially considering Earth Shield gets more effective as the target gets lower in HP.
Edited by Ellywicket on 12/12/2012 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
12/12/2012 03:01 AMPosted by Ellywicket

Well, most healers are, right now. Tell me you think being able to crit a low HP target on your shaman for a ridiculous bomb heal, even with a healing debuff for a six digit heal, is fair. Especially considering Earth Shield gets more effective as the target gets lower in HP.

We are not all shamans and this was a knee jerk change. There is just far too much cc right now to be throwing around 15% healing nerfs. I think we are going to see a lot of triple dps teams coming out of the woods after this change unless burst is collectively toned down. Why? Healers just aren't going to be able to recover after eating long cc chains. Just my opinion on the subject.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think this balances things nicely for every class has to deal with it or go find something else to do with their time simple as that it was INCREASED in recent fix. Point being if full gear makes you godly then its way out of balance and near pointless for someone without any gear to even bother trying. Simple math solves it

as stated before we do the 100k heal naked cast no extras
100k heal
70k with Bfat
77k with 10% pvp power<example>
proc/empowered/buffed increased heal ect 30% = 100k heal <auras masteries ect = more bonus usually
Also remember wow is mucho RNG :)

OMG SO HORRIBLE wtzors lololol omg make healers killable without support ??? keep people from standing there self healing into oblivon o darn

IN pvp no class should be nigh unkillable without super strats and perfect gear the point of wow is Casual , Hardcore means very little next to customer support being bombarded with NERF calls the awesomer your strategy the bigger the nerf I like Bfat I can actually kill geared players while building my base set on this char :)

The Heroic Strike stacks down to 1 ouch I dont even agree to that level but sadly it made everyone and their mother make an arms warrior for bg arena I kid you not have faced and not bots OMG an entire WSG of horde arms warriors and maybe 2 -3 others

As for Arena i believe ive SEEN <just 2s on old toon till current main geared> 3 prot 4 fury aaaand 100+ arms all stack and smack to insanity lol but I swear there is so many of em they need to make a world Pve mob "Dragonmaw Arms Orc" "Stormwind Arms Guard" ect

Thank you blizzard :)
Edited by Salecia on 12/12/2012 4:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I think this balances things nicely for every class has to deal with it or go find something else to do with their time simple as that it was INCREASED in recent fix. Point being if full gear makes you godly then its way out of balance and near pointless for someone without any gear to even bother trying. Simple math solves it

as stated before we do the 100k heal naked cast no extras
100k heal
70k with Bfat
77k with 10% pvp power<example>
proc/empowered/buffed increased heal ect 30% = 100k heal <auras masteries ect = more bonus usually
Also remember wow is mucho RNG :)

OMG SO HORRIBLE wtzors lololol omg make healers killable without support ??? keep people from standing there self healing into oblivon o darn

IN pvp no class should be nigh unkillable without super strats and perfect gear the point of wow is Casual , Hardcore means very little next to customer support being bombarded with NERF calls the awesomer your strategy the bigger the nerf I like Bfat I can actually kill geared players while building my base set on this char :)

The Heroic Strike stacks down to 1 ouch I dont even agree to that level but sadly it made everyone and their mother make an arms warrior for bg arena I kid you not have faced and not bots OMG an entire WSG of horde arms warriors and maybe 2 -3 others

As for Arena i believe ive SEEN <just 2s on old toon till current main geared> 3 prot 4 fury aaaand 100+ arms all stack and smack to insanity lol but I swear there is so many of em they need to make a world Pve mob "Dragonmaw Arms Orc" "Stormwind Arms Guard" ect

Thank you blizzard :)

Thank them after you realize healers keep you alive and will pretty much be free kills in bgs. Which means less healing for everyone. You can barely get a cast off as it is unless you're a druid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
An enhancement shaman must have eaten GC's baby, because this will be the latest in a long string of survivability nerfs to the spec. I know it's classified as a "melee", but is the intended gameplay style to pop ascendance, then pillar the entire match? *gasp* that's it! Everyone knows a dps shaman is the kill target, so i simply pillar the whole match, drawing attention from my teammates. The other team will never even notice that they're dieing because they'll be so busy chasing me! Petition to change the name from Enhancement to Decoy!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 02:51 AMPosted by Sotec

Thank You.

Idk what game you guys have been playing, but no one in any of the 3's matches I've run this season seem to have trouble scoring a kill...

This is just another example of blizzard dumbing down the game for the casual bad. Random keyboard turning clicker cant solo a healer? NERF HEALING.

Burst is off the charts. CC is off the charts. So they blanket nerf healing? More laziness from the blizzard design team, these blanket nerfs they keep tossing over pvp are ridiculous and downright insulting to a playerbase that pays a monthly subscription.

-Resto shamans are too strong! By some strange logic ignore the mechanic that makes them too strong (mastery) and toss a downright stupid blanket nerf over the whole class not only disabling resto, but burying the other already struggling specs further into the ground.

-Burst is too high (for specific classes)! Blanket nerf all pvp trinkets so that those particular classes burst macros are a tad less powerful, and punish the classes who's damage isnt all that great, accomplishing nothing.

-OK! Last week burst was too high and we nerfed trinkets.....ummmm......(spins random blizzard wheel of fortune) Nerf healing this week!
Edited by Carrollus on 12/12/2012 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Remember you can still dispel the frost bomb if they don't detonate it with fire blast. And the last nerf gave you a longer window (longer timer before detonation)
Reply Quote
I'm always pleased to see when changes are made toward balance, even if I'm not sure I fully understand or agree with all of those changes.

The nerf to Frost Bomb is a good move, I think it might be just a little bit too much of a nerf but I'll let time be the judge of that. (I don't play Frost in PvP so I couldn't really say much myself, I'm simply going on raw numbers here).

My thoughts on the healing nerf are a bit difficult to adequately express, but I will try. Ultimately, healing being nerfed a bit is a good thing but I'm not sure it should have been nerfed yet. Burst really needs to be looked at BEFORE healing gets nerfed. Not because I'm saying "healers are OP, nerf them!" but because balancing healing in relation to damage will dramatically improve the state of the game for everyone. Ironically, we may also find that the healing nerf will indirectly draw more people into the healing role as it will become necessary for more healers to accomplish the same healing.
Edited by Lialus on 12/12/2012 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Carrollus

Thank You.

Idk what game you guys have been playing, but no one in any of the 3's matches I've run this season seem to have trouble scoring a kill...

This is just another example of blizzard dumbing down the game for the casual bad. Random keyboard turning clicker cant solo a healer? NERF HEALING.

Burst is off the charts. CC is off the charts. So they blanket nerf healing? More laziness from the blizzard design team, these blanket nerfs they keep tossing over pvp are ridiculous and downright insulting to a playerbase that pays a monthly subscription.

-Resto shamans are too strong! By some strange logic ignore the mechanic that makes them too strong (mastery) and toss a downright stupid blanket nerf over the whole class not only disabling resto, but burying the other already struggling specs further into the ground.

-Burst is too high (for specific classes)! Blanket nerf all pvp trinkets so that those particular classes burst macros are a tad less powerful, and punish the classes who's damage isnt all that great, accomplishing nothing.

-OK! Last week burst was too high and we nerfed trinkets.....ummmm......(spins random blizzard wheel of fortune) Nerf healing this week!

Thank you! I keep brining up that point. That in 3's no high rated player seems to be having problems scoring a kill. But most people think it is too strong from doing 2's or bgs where people are much less geared at times and most don't silence/stun cc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]