Giving up int to reach soft haste cap?

90 Undead Priest
I got some new gear in LFR today that was kind of haste heavy and for the first time I have reached the soft haste cap. However, to do so, I had to give up about 800 intellect. Was this a bad idea?

I'm not much of a theorycrafter, so these secondary caps always confuse me. Is reaching the cap such a big deal that I can give up some primary stat? Or should I just max out int and not worry about it until my gear level is higher?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Advice from the Howtopriest.com Shadow forums thread on Shadow Haste Breakpoints:
http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748

How will I know if going for the breakpoint is worth it for me?

- The easiest way to decide if this option is most optimal for you is to sim yourself under the break point with the gear and than over. Kilee does a great job of explaining everything in a quoted post under.

For those who don't want to sim themselves, general rules of thumb:

- Giving up less than 250 int to gain 8085 haste is a straightforward DPS gain

- Since each haste you gain over int is also valued at 0.4475 you only lose 0.5525PP by swapping out haste for int.

- You can give up 452 int for haste to gain the haste cap and see an increase in DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]