Warrior guide

90 Human Warrior
was wondering where to find a warrior tanking guide that is reliable for gems, enchanting, reforges, talents. glyphs etc. checked here and the warrior forums can't find anything and not sure on what external site i can trust to know.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Here's my guide for you. I'm not elite, but I can tank stuff.

Until you get 50% epics, you should focus entirely on mitigation. That means as much mastery, parry, dodge, and strength as you can find. Don't be afraid to equip that "dps" plate item (check out the HOT belt I picked up last night).

Mastery is your bread and butter. Shield block is legit. Stop using shield block when magic damage is happening and use shield barrier instead.

When you get some epix, reforge/gem to 7.5% expertise and 7.5% hit. Stack parry. Dodge is kind of dumb since you LIKE to parry and critically block, but hey, it can actually help and you can't avoid getting it. The warrior game is "how much mastery can I possibly put on myself" and then put your shield up and take those hits like a man.

Pop your cooldowns at all times EXCEPT for Rallying Cry and Shield Wall. Think before you use those. Personally, I am not usually sitting at low enough health long enough to get a lot out of second wind (if you are, your healers suck or you are doing it wrong), so I use Enraged Regeneration. Pop that (awesome) cooldown when it's up, ESPECIALLY after using Rallying Cry or Last Stand. Also use health stones after those abilities.

Stamina is overrated, never gem for it. Again, if your healers suck or you don't use stuff like Berserker Rage and Shout to be sure you have 60 rage for that all-important shield block right before that part of the fight where you're gonna get hit for 200k 3 times, well... you just need to L2Tank.

I hope this was useful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
There is no real external site to trust, except for a very basic overview.

It also depends on how you want to tank, but basically it seems to be widely accepted that as a tank right now, you hit 7.5% hit/exp, and then decide whether you'd want to gem for Stamina or Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Looking for a prot warrior guide? Check out Lowmaine's....oh wait...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i didn't need to indepth tanked back in wratha dn cata as a war just not sure on what to Gem and what enchants to get and even some reforges u know stat priritys to aim for but well yeah can't find anything lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Basic stat priority:

If you're using shield block a lot (Which you should be for most fights): Get enough stamina so you've got enough. Get as much hit/exp you need so that you're not getting frustrated with missing attacks. Then: Mastery > Parry > Dodge > Exp = Hit

Likewise, if you're using shield barrier a lot (Which works on fights like Stone Guards): Get enough stamina so you've got enough. Get as much hit/exp you need so that you're not getting frustrated with missing attacks. Then: Parry > Dodge > Exp = Hit > Mastery.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
thxs:) i also looked up the pally tanking guide thinking it would give me a basic idea:)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Here is the current tank guide for Warriors:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933234020?page=1

It just hasn't been stickied yet despite numerous requests.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
[quote="73929842415"]Basic stat priority:

If you're using shield block a lot (Which you should be for most fights): Get enough stamina so you've got enough. Get as much hit/exp you need so that you're not getting frustrated with missing attacks. Then: Mastery > Parry > Dodge > Exp = Hit

Likewise, if you're using shield barrier a lot (Which works on fights like Stone Guards): Get enough stamina so you've got enough. Get as much hit/exp you need so that you're not getting frustrated with missing attacks. Then: Parry > Dodge > Exp = Hit > Mastery.
-----

Not sure where you're getting the order with mastery at the end. Every seems to agree that mastery is the single most important stat for prot warriors this expansion since it helps with crit blocks and block chance, thus increasing our overall mitigation. The first order you have (mastery > parry > dodge > hit (7.5%) =/> expertise (7.5%) > haste) is good if your gearing for mitigation, but risks the chance of damage spikes due to potential rage generation problems. With this stat, you might get hit less, but may not have the rage to use active CD's to reduce spike damage.

The other stat priority should be mastery > hit (7.5%) > expertise (7.5) > parry > dodge > haste. This stat will create better rage generation resulting in better mitigation. You will be hit more often, but the damage will be more consistent and should reduce damage spikes for your healers since you should be able to use your shield barrier/wall more frequently.

Icyveins.com and noxxic.com agree for the most part about builds, gems, reforges, etc. Another site that works well, although not perfectly, is Mrrobot.com. That tells you what to gem, reforge, enchant to optimize your spec.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Here is the current tank guide for Warriors:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933234020?page=1

It just hasn't been stickied yet despite numerous requests.

That guide looks decent; I added another cilck on the sticky request.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not sure where you're getting the order with mastery at the end... etc etc I can't be bothered quoting the whole post

Firstly, what Sparkle said. Mastery's pretty terrible if you don't hit shield block much (And on a fight like Stone Guards, where most of the damage is from the bleed, and I just spam shield barrier, you've got an excellent example), and a lot of Mastery's strength is in a: improving how much damage reduction shield block gives you, and b: improving how much rage shield block gives you, and if you're not hitting shield block much, mastery loses value.
With that said, as a general rule, you should be favouring mastery anyway, it's just on fights like Stone Guard, swap out mastery trinkets for stam, or hit/exp or parry/dodge or whatever.

Secondly, why are you including haste in your stat weights? That implies haste has any value for mitigation for us at all. Haste is terrible. Don't go near haste with a ten foot pole. Agility is better for us than haste.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Basic stat priority:

Not sure where you're getting the order with mastery at the end. Every seems to agree that mastery is the single most important stat for prot warriors this expansion since it helps with crit blocks and block chance, thus increasing our overall mitigation. The first order you have (mastery > parry > dodge > hit (7.5%) =/> expertise (7.5%) > haste) is good if your gearing for mitigation, but risks the chance of damage spikes due to potential rage generation problems. With this stat, you might get hit less, but may not have the rage to use active CD's to reduce spike damage.

The other stat priority should be mastery > hit (7.5%) > expertise (7.5) > parry > dodge > haste. This stat will create better rage generation resulting in better mitigation. You will be hit more often, but the damage will be more consistent and should reduce damage spikes for your healers since you should be able to use your shield barrier/wall more frequently.

Icyveins.com and noxxic.com agree for the most part about builds, gems, reforges, etc. Another site that works well, although not perfectly, is Mrrobot.com. That tells you what to gem, reforge, enchant to optimize your spec.

No.

Expertise > Hit > stamina > mastery > parry/dodge (this fully depends on the amounts of both you have, you can find a macro to tell you what your parry should be for current dodge somewhere on google) > Crit.

For fights where you literally only spam shield barrier and the boss doesn't melee you (aka lei shi), you go Expertise(15%) > Hit (7.5%) > Stamina > Crit.

This first stat priority should be followed for most fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/12/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Gødsent
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
12/13/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Ðemolition
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]