Blood Fear

90 Human Death Knight
Seriously who's dumb idea was this....warlocks already have a fear they can spam. A fear that has zero cooldown is strong enough as is...it should have a cast....the fact that you made it have a 10 sec cooldown and made it instant is stupid.

I just ran a match with a warlock spamming blood fear on cooldown every 10 seconds...what kind of skill does that take. Oh yea none.
Edited by Influencce on 12/12/2012 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I like blood fear, it's nice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/12/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Wolfbiter
I like blood fear, it's nice.

The same people who decided to make us pick 2 of the 3 cc's we had pre MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Death knight...what kind of skill does that take. Oh yea none.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
locks def didn't need blood fear. not enough of a trade off.

went 2v1 vs a lock in 2s the other day. the hunter and I did 1.1 million damage to the lock before getting a kill, and the lock did 500-600k healing.

o.o locks don't need to be tanks, or they don't need instant fears. as of now, locks are nearly unkillable in some comps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Lazer
Death knight...what kind of skill does that take. Oh yea none.

Yea i know right...its not like we only make up only 5% of the classes over 2200.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Seriously who's dumb idea was this....warlocks already have a fear they can spam. A fear that has zero cooldown is strong enough as is...it should have a cast....the fact that you made it have a 10 sec cooldown and made it instant is stupid.

I just ran a match with a warlock spamming blood fear on cooldown every 10 seconds...what kind of skill does that take. Oh yea none.

Ill list all my fears if you can list all the ways you have to break fear. K?
1. Fear
2. Howl of terror

Your turn
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm pretty sure the warlock lead dev got fired recently...so yeah
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Warlocks without blood fear are sitting ducks. Yes it is OP but blizzard decided to make us choose 1 out of 3 defences we already had pre MoP. Deathcoil, sfury and Howl. Remove blood fear and in exchange give us back deathcoil sfury and howl.

Each class gained new stuff. We lost key defensives to gain new stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warlocks without blood fear are sitting ducks. Yes it is OP but blizzard decided to make us choose 1 out of 3 defences we already had pre MoP. Deathcoil, sfury and Howl. Remove blood fear and in exchange give us back deathcoil sfury and howl.

Each class gained new stuff. We lost key defensives to gain new stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Solution: Blood fear: If the warlock takes 10% or more of his HP from damage in the last 2 seconds, fear becomes instant cast. No cost. (basically the same as it is now requiring 10% of hp at least) Otherwise if the warlock isn't being focused there's no need for an instant fear. It's there for defensive purposes, not to instant cast a CC over and over with 0 way to counter it. This keeps it defensive, but also keeps it balanced when the warlock isn't the kill target.
Edited by Waffulz on 12/12/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
WGS
Here's are idea: Use your trinket/AMS/lichborne/desecrated ground wisely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Stygz
Instant 8 sec CC has to go dude. Sorry. You can't justify needing a 2min CD trinket up to counter/avoid a CC that can be used every 10sec with no cast time. Sorry brahski.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior

probably the same guy who thought dks needed a dispel, but i guess thats Ok because you play one. and look up what spamming means.

and a dk talking about skill, thats funny. and that 5% arena rep you're talking about is the same for locks, so stop acting like locks are doing so much better, baddie. lock rep will probably drop even more, since the demo nerfs.
Edited by Dwadawdaw on 12/12/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I don't much like the idea of blood fear either, but I've played without it and I'm pretty sure it's needed at the moment. Warlocks take soooooo much damage right now, pushing in for a casted fear is not really an option. And our damage is more cast reliant than ever so you can still stop that and be fine when you get feared.

If it's changed it has to be incremental, things like
-range 20/25 yards
-cooldown increased a few seconds (12 second cd, for example, is actually a huge deal for CC chains)
-health cost removed (if they actually want it to be more defensive why does it take hp??)
-no longer replaces regular fear (if CD is increased to something long like 30 seconds)
Edited by Domesauce on 12/12/2012 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Waffulz
Instant 8 sec CC has to go dude. Sorry. You can't justify needing a 2min CD trinket up to counter/avoid a CC that can be used every 10sec with no cast time. Sorry brahski.

Well said and I concur. 5.2 needs to be the patch to nerf CC across the board (I want NS to be 2 minute cooldown).

The stuff that is an issue is CC that is characterized by 3 or more of the following categories.

• Short cooldown
  • Long duration
  • Undispellable
  • Low opportunity cost (not sacrificing anything)
  • Long range (take the mobility of the class possessing said CC into account)
  • Extra effect (ie: Cyclone can stop heals, Mind Control can take people off edges or stop heals, or can be made instant via a cooldown like PoM or NS)
  • Of course there are also those little oddball CC's like Hex (just because it is curse and the player can move while in it so it's different), Banish, Bind Elemental, and Hibernate, but I think there aren't many of them and those abilities seem fine as is.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    12/12/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Stygz

Oh no way I have ways of getting out of fear... You are so awesome...

Oh wait he was spam fearing my healer on cooldown not me. The second my healer popped out he was feared full out of position. That 8 sec fear gave him all of 2 seconds to get back to LoS which he would never get to.

Oh hey and it's off cooldown...feared.

Thanks again though on teaching me how to play my class.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warlock

I posted this somewhere the other day, and I'll post it again:

I really wish knowledge of a class's mechanics were required to post about said class's mechanics.

Blood Fear has a 10 second cooldown, so you can't spam it, nor can you spam Fear if you have Blood Fear, because you don't have Fear anymore.
    Edited by Vreivai on 12/12/2012 12:57 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight

I posted this somewhere the other day, and I'll post it again:

I really wish knowledge of a class's mechanics were required to post about said class's mechanics.

Blood Fear has a 10 second cooldown, so you can't spam it, nor can you spam Fear if you have Blood Fear, because you don't have Fear anymore.

I said spamming it on cooldown I know about the class mechanics just fine. If you look at the post right above yours you'll see that I knew already that it was 10 seconds. I was just referring to spamming it on cooldown.

I also know that it replaces fear. I was stating fear as it was was strong enough.... They didn't need to make it more powerful by making it instant.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]