Tigers fury/DoC kitty question

100 Human Rogue
My kitty alt is currently running SoF/DoC but I have not seemed to find a consensus amongst guides on a few things. Do tigers fury and DoC effect my rake and rip abilities? Some guides say yes and try to line them up/refresh rip early if TF is up and some guides disagree. The way the tooltips read make it sound like TF would not effect bleeds but DoC would.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes they do. Rip and Rake will take anything that increases your damage at the moment it's cast and keep it during the duration of Rip, even if the buffs come off. That's why if you have some time left on your Rip, but have a trinket and TF up, you should DoT clip and replace it with that Rip instead. (Assuming there's only a few seconds on it anyways)

Savage Roar effects everything, so if you have it up while you cast Rip and it comes off, it's a 30% damage reduction, same if you cast it while Rip is going...it'll increase the damage it's doing per tick. (Savage Roar should have a 99-100% uptime anyways during fights)

Yes, you should try to fit your rotation to always include Rip and some sort of damage buff when you use it. (If you can)
Edited by Sohra on 12/12/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
So to open I should be putting up a 0 CP savage roar, ravage, shred to 4 CP, NS+HT, TF, Rake, Rip?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
Almost correct NinjaBlaze, but your thinking is going the right way.

There is one more thing to complicate matters : shred dps gets boosted with bleeds so therefore one good opener is :

0 CP savage Roar, then ravage, then rake, then shred to 5 cp (you can weave a TF at the last 2 shreds), then TF if you havent used it yet (unlikely), NS+HT (!!!!! warning do not move your toon, a bug will take you out of form), then rip

after that opener, you can start the DoC rotation (another note, some sims suggest to use only 4cp to refresh Savage Roar, but that can be lead to a non free PredS proc, making DoC fall off,
so you can also play it safe and always use a 5 cp Savage Roar)

In short, it can get complicated very fast, but once the Aha moment arrives, it will make it simpler to make the right choices in rotation timings on the diverse encounters/pvp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Rake should always be up immediately even if you plan to overwrite it with a TF/DoC-boosted rake shortly after.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Fakeblaze!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/12/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Omniverse
In short, it can get complicated very fast, but once the Aha moment arrives, it will make it simpler to make the right choices in rotation timings on the diverse encounters/pvp

Call me a masochist but complicated is why I chose kitty with dream =D.

12/12/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Dysheki
Rake should always be up immediately even if you plan to overwrite it with a TF/DoC-boosted rake shortly after.

Thanks for the tips both of you guys!

12/12/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Lionblaze
Fakeblaze!

Why did you make a post on my thread with only your name in it? That doesn't make sense. "Hi, I'm fake blaze, I play boomkin not feral" would have been more appropriate.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 12/12/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]