I'll just . . .

Leave this here,

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/11/are-rogues-a-dying-class/#continued
Reply Quote
Just as planned.

Excellent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
They rework the entire class and we're still barely above Cataclysm levels.

Feels good to be a Warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As a non-Mage caster who has been PvPing since Burning Crusade,

12/12/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Kerdic
Excellent.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Still think that the class needs a rework from the ground up. But that is just me.
Reply Quote
It's merely fallen victim to Blizzard's very dumb way of continually creating updates that produce FotM classes and imbalances that replace previous classes and imbalances. Along with that, and how the control-limiting way WoW's PvP "functions" (if you could call it even that) is why the game will never be balanced PvP wise.
Reply Quote
I think the real reason for the decline in the rogue class representation has to do with venn diagrams. I think the overlap between "players of monks" and "players of rogues" is probably larger than any other class.

Plus, I don't think rogues are a very interesting archetype. They've been the red-headed step-child in the Fantasy genre for the as long as I can remember.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Feels so good to be a DK. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
We take a rogue on our RBG team and it's been a game changer. While I know they are feeling the pain in the charts, honestly I'm not seeing it as total handicap in PvP. Because seeing rogues in arenas is a lot more rare, we have to remember that the previous season almost all of the 2200+ teams carried a rogue. I think they are feeling the lag in attention, but the adjustments were needed.
Edited by Felthier on 12/12/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Khaizen
Plus, I don't think rogues are a very interesting archetype. They've been the red-headed step-child in the Fantasy genre for the as long as I can remember.

Whenever I play D&D, despite my love for rogues in a story... They've never fun for me to play.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Shaman
Of all the classes I've tried to level, rogues are my least favorite to play.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ironically, my mains are a paladin and a rogue. Least played and most played.

For what little I play these days, that is.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Auramis

Whenever I play D&D, despite my love for rogues in a story... They've never fun for me to play.

Multi-classed to Wizard or GTFO
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is why I haven't done a thing on my rogue even though he's 90.

I don't even know what to main at this point, since I do plan on getting all my classes to 90 eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Khaizen
Multi-classed to Wizard or GTFO

Paladin all the way.

ALL THE WAY
Reply Quote
Wait, are you saying you were a rogue/paladin multiclass, or are you saying that paladin is your class of choice?

My class of choice is cleric, but if I am playing a rogue/thief, I inevitably multi-class to Wizard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I'll be honest, I deleted my rogue to make room for my monk

No regrets
Reply Quote
I'll be honest, I deleted my rogue to make room for my monk

No regrets

Empirical evidence that I am right!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Khaizen
Wait, are you saying you were a rogue/paladin multiclass, or are you saying that paladin is your class of choice?

No no, I'm saying, in WoW, I play paladin and rogue as my two main characters. In D&D, it's paladin all the way.

I HAVE done a paladin/rogue class, though. From 3.5 Complete Adventurer, Shadowbane Inquisitor. Fun stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]