Feral PVE Question

90 Night Elf Druid
So, here's my question for people who have tried it or are math nerds..

Is the burst from Incarnation with Berserk enough to out do the extra DPS from DoC?

I used to think not, but the more I theorize, the more I realize (totally rhymes) that if I use TF, Trinket, Savage Roar, etc. with DoC, on my Rip and Rake it'll make my DoTs tick super duper hard.

Or if there's some other way of DPSing that's superior to both?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Sohra
Is the burst from Incarnation with Berserk enough to out do the extra DPS from DoC?

Do you mean Nature's Vigil? Because technically you can have both Incarnation and DoC.

Assuming you mean NV, the answer is still no. DoC is the maximum possible DPS for ferals atm (notwithstanding boss gimmicks). However, it is much more difficult to pull off than NV/Inc or HotW. If you aren't good at DoC it could very well be a DPS loss for you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Dysheki

Do you mean Nature's Vigil? Because technically you can have both Incarnation and DoC.

Assuming you mean NV, the answer is still no. DoC is the maximum possible DPS for ferals atm (notwithstanding boss gimmicks). However, it is much more difficult to pull off than NV/Inc or HotW. If you aren't good at DoC it could very well be a DPS loss for you.

Ah yeh, that's the one, apologies. What changes the rotation when using DoC? Is it just timing it so you don't end up clipping and always gain a DPS boost on your bleeds?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Ah yeh, that's the one, apologies. What changes the rotation when using DoC? Is it just timing it so you don't end up clipping and always gain a DPS boost on your bleeds?

Clipping isn't always a bad thing with ferals. Basically anytime you can get a more powerful rake or rip up you should do it. If you have a normal rip up doing normal damage and then can get a TF and/or DoC buffed rip up you should clip it. But then you have to be careful to not clip these powerful dots with weaker ones.

Also, with the way SotF works, finishers like FB can be useful and will bring down the uptime of Rip, but it's okay because of the energy gains. Maximizing powerful rip/rake uptimes, being aggressive with finishers because of SotF, and not passing on any PS procs are basically the foundations of using our new system properly.

P.S. I want the rogue talent Anticipation -_-
Edited by Dysheki on 12/12/2012 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/12/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Dysheki
P.S. I want the rogue talent Anticipation -_-

Too bad ferals can't symb it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]