I have questions on upgrading. PLEASE HELP

23 Troll Hunter
I'm on the free trial up to level 20
I was wondering do you have to pay monthly to play on the battle chest upgrade.
If not how often and how much will I have to pay for anything at all? (on average).
If I upgrade to the Battle chest will i be able to do everything such as talk to others, make friends, join guilds, and challenge to battles etc...

If someone could answer my questions I would be very very grateful.
Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
you do have to pay monthly its 15 dollars (US) a month you will be able to do everything but level past the level cap that the battle chest offers which is 80 also you wont be able to play the monk class until you buy cata and mop xpansions
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/12/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Shasuka
I was wondering do you have to pay monthly to play on the battle chest upgrade.

Yes. The Battlechest package also includes one month of game time, but after that time is up, you have to pay $15 per month to keep your account accessible for the following month. This monthly fee is the same whether you have just the Battlechest, or have upgraded further to Cataclysm or MoP, everyone beyond a starter account pays $15 per month.

If you decide to stop paying your subscription fee, your characters will become inaccessible when the remaining paid subscription time runs out. Your characters (and your WoW account in general) will be held in stasis as you left it waiting for your return. If you later decide you wish to resume playing your account again, just resume subscription payments and you'll be able to pick up right where you left off.

12/12/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Shasuka
If I upgrade to the Battle chest will i be able to do everything such as talk to others, make friends, join guilds, and challenge to battles etc...

Yes, once you upgrade to at least the battlechest, all the social restrictions will be lifted. You'll be able to level to 80 and have access to all the in-game features that are part of the base package (basically everything except for the Monk class, flying in the 1-60 areas, and archaeology).
Reply Quote
Also, I think the Battlechest costs $20 now, not positive but it's a LOT cheaper than vanilla+expansions used to be -- but for the rest of the month it's only $5 to upgrade online, so if you decide to upgrade, now is a great time.

This lists details what you'll gain access to with each upgrade:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965841807
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
For the MANDATORY monthly play time fees, you have 3 options:

Bill me every month
$14.99 USD/mo
($14.99 USD* billed every month)

Bill me every 3 months
$13.99 USD/mo
($41.97 USD* billed every 3 months)
Save $12.00 USD / Year

Bill me every 6 months
$12.99 USD/mo
($77.94 USD* billed every 6 months)
Save $24.00 USD / Year

Advice: If you're not living month to month, and think you'll still be playing in half a year, the every 6 months option ends up being cheaper. If you don't have much/enough money on hand right now, the 1 month would probably be best. If you've got the money, but aren't sure how long your interest in the game will last, I'd say pick the 3 month option.

Fyi, you pay at the start of the time period.

You can change your payment method; the change will go into effect next time your payment would be due via the old payment method.
For example, you pay for 6 months, then after 4 months, you decide to pay one month at a time (and change the account options accordingly). You're still paid up for 2 more months, so you won't be billed until the paid for time is up. When the remaining time is up, you will be billed for 1 month; this will repeat monthly until you change the method again, or cancel the payments altogether (thus freezing your account until (if ever) you decide to start paying again).
Edited by Merinne on 12/13/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
For the MANDATORY monthly play time fees, you have 3 options:

More options than that, you forgot about the game-time cards. There are 2 ways you can get them:

From a physical store and input the code from the back into your WoW account on battle.net

From the online Blizzard store, then input the code from the resulting e-mail into your account on battle.net.

The first one is used primarily by people whose only payment methods are cash or check.

The second one is primarily used by people who wish to give gametime to a friend or family member (buy the time, forward the e-mail with the code to the intended recipient).

Both are also used by people who want to buy the gametime, but won't be able to play anytime soon. So they buy the gametime when they have the coin to do so, then save up the cards/codes for a later date when they'll have the time to actually play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]