spriest darkness comes light needs a change

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Hi, I play a shadow priest and I agree that our heals are too good, priest heals need to be nerfed the right way but, i have a few ideas the first would be a, from darkness, comes light, talent nerf, they need to make this have a shadow and holy/disc version, the holy/disc should have the surge of light and the shadow should have the surge of shadow, spriest get too much rng from this. The heals we have are enough without flash heal procs. Getting back to back flash heal as a shadow is what is causing Spriest to be so good at off healing. And by doing this you get buff the surge of light for priest , you can maybe add a 10% less damage when it procs disc/holy. PS if you have any more helpful nerfs that keep spriest game play the same, please feel free to leave it here.
Edited by Bella on 12/11/2012 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's because when Warriors like you hit 90, we'll get two-shotted otherwise. We might have nice heals, but we're squishy too. Leave the heals alone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
at sohra how can you say healing is ok ,when you can get free instance flash heals that heal for 100k+ if they crit and you can get back to back procs from it since flash heal procs it. Also my main is a spriest and blizzard is going to nerf our heals at some point, I just want it done the right way without changing the game play.
Edited by Kaalee on 12/11/2012 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because as it stands I get like ~70-300k heals on my Feral (every 8 seconds). Ret Paladins (with that little nerf) still get like ~60-100k WoG, not to mention the instant Flash of Lights if they spec into it. Warlocks get like 200k heals with a ton of damage absorbs. Shamans can go from 20% to 90% with like 2 casts. DKs get that ~150k heal. Don't even get me started on Second Wind, that stupid OP class.

On top of that, all those take way less damage than Shadow Priests do. If we didn't get that instant heal or even if it was nerfed, our only real heal would be Renew. Shadow Priests are fine where they are, completely balanced. We're not at the top, nor the bottom. Just slightly above average.

Let my people gooooo!

Edit: Make it non-stackable, I'd be fine with that as I usually use it on proc anyways.
Edited by Sohra on 12/11/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sure you can nerf heals if you give us an escape ability or someway to peel for ourselves other then lolfear bomb.

Also what the poster above me said a ton of hybrid classes are healing for huge amount and some of them can do it without worrying about mana.

Renew & prayer of mending are a sick joke as a self heal wooo i am getting healed for 9k every 3 seconds oh wait that warriors deep wounds is doing 10k every 3 seconds and its passive :(
Edited by Shadowpowerz on 12/11/2012 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@sohra we have mass dispel, so we can get our healer out of cc which all the other classes you said don't have, we also have Halo which heals 100k and life swap which is one of the best life savers in the game, 50k shields, Vampiric Embrace 50% single target damage heals your team, we still get a 100k flash heals. i just think we have too much with a mana free flash heals that is instanced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@shadowpowerz we have disperse, that has a 60% speed buff in it to escape with two minute cd, and we have fade that stops range attacks for 3 seconds, and has a freedom to escape. I think we have enough to run away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Kaalee
@shadowpowerz we have disperse, that has a 60% speed buff in it to escape with two minute cd, and we have fade that stops range attacks for 3 seconds, and has a freedom to escape. I think we have enough to run away.

Having to use your 2 minute defensive cooldown as an escape is a bad design (hey mages want to escape from that warrior use your ice block)

We have almost nothing compared to a warlock or mage who have a real escape every 15 or 25 seconds.

Halo only heals for 100k if you target is at 25 yards anything under that and its crap. 50k shields are great as long as they don't get dispelled. 100k flash heals are only if you crit you have a 7% chance to crit thats almost a 1 in 15 chance and even with priest in full malv reforging for crit we max out at 16% so a 1 in 6 chance for a 100k hp heal.
Edited by Shadowpowerz on 12/11/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@shadowpowerz i think you are forgetting about fade on a 30 second, and you can get angelic feather that is a 60% speed buff on a 10 second cd, if you really feel you can't kite away. I think shadow needs a better slow, since a channelled slow is a really bad design, but most comps you play with will have a better slow.
Edited by Kaalee on 12/11/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Kaalee
@shadowpowerz i think you are forgetting about fade on a 30 second, and you can get angelic feather that is a 60% speed buff on a 10 second cd, if you really feel you can't kite away. I think shadow needs a better slow, since a channelled slow is a really bad design, but most comps you play with will have a better slow.

Well Phantasm is a nice talent no doubt but it really does not give you any distance from a melee attacker which is what we are lacking atm, as it is if you get a warrior(or pretty much any melee) on you without outside peels your pretty much helpless.

Thats another problem with shadow our slow is channeled which means its pretty much useless most of the time combined with the fact that our only snare is a talent and while it works great vs bads against any player with a brain its a minor inconvenience
Edited by Shadowpowerz on 12/11/2012 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@shadowpowerz i agree that warrior are really hard to peel, but if you get the right partner like a mage or a warrior on your team, it's a lot easier to get peels. I also feel that warriors need to get a nerf on their burst ,but i was trying to make this about shadow priests.
Edited by Kaalee on 12/11/2012 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Kaalee
@shadowpowerz i agree that warrior are really hard to peel, but if you get the right partner like a mage or a warrior on your team, it's a lot easier to get peels. I also feel that warriors need to get a nerf on their burst ,but i was trying to make this about shadow priests.

What i am trying to get at is i would be fine with a nerf to flash (more mana cost would work well) but in return i would like to see us recieve a root/snare or peel/escape.

While i understand this is a team game you can't have a frost mage with you %100 of the time unless they plan to give us a frost mage as a pet giving us a peel or escape won't break the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@shadowpowerz warrior just got hot fix so did mage ,so only enhance and feral are going to give priest any trouble, i think it's only fair we get a heal nerf since how stong spriest are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]