Banned after purchasing the game?

20 Undead Priest
Hi,

I recently purchased the entire game with all the expansions on a previous account that was banned shortly after. It didn't upgrade for a good day or so and I contacted a GM to try to resolve the issue. The GM was as helpful as he could be, and I went about my merry way. An hour or so later, I was banned from WoW and can't get back into the account. No money was taken from my bank account and I had more than enough to purchase the entire game. I'm just curious as to why I was banned.

Thanks,

a curious player
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
I'm sorry, we can't help you via the forums. Please use the support site above to file a ticket.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

Choose

World of Warcraft

Choose from a list of pre-defined topics

I can't log in.

My game license is banned or suspended and I want to appeal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Was the account banned, or was it locked due to non-payment for the upgrade?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/11/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Was the account banned, or was it locked due to non-payment for the upgrade?

^
If the payment failed, then the account would be put into a locked status. If this is the case, rectifying it is as simple as a call to billing. Locked is a very very different status from banned.
Edited by Mogrigg on 12/11/2012 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]