Appearently Whinning works so...

14 Undead Warrior
fire mages really arent in a better place than last week, almost all dps are beating my guilds fire mage, including our boomkin.

fire mages arent really "top"anything, not top aoe, not top single target , very restricted on movement.

not sure why blizz @#$% all over this spec/class, its a shame really

from a formidable dps cannon to riding the bottom of the dps meters, seems extreme to me
Edited by Peligro on 12/11/2012 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Don't post on things you are ignorant of. Critical Mass went from 1.5 -> 1.25 -> 1.3. They adjusted the nerf by 0.05 on Critical Mass. That is hardly significant. If anything, it was expected as Blizzard themselves stated they'd adjust as necessary.

Just because a class you dislike got a "buff" doesn't make it significant.

Did i say anything about significant? I said addressed which it was and also worked on which the .05 buff qualifies as since they are paying attention to where you are. Just because you feel attacked in this tread doesn't mean I'm claiming fire mages are back to where they where

Attacked? Not at all. Just clarifying that this really doesn't mean too much. It is being blown way out of proportion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/11/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Prieto

Constructive posts with logs/data in addition to theory craft are better than simply asking for a buff.

Didn't help hunters. Given the speed at which mages got their issue addressed and worked on I would think the OP was in the right track

As much of an impact that the nerf actually made, and through a hotfix no doubt, I would expect no less. Now if only I knew how much dps I will be capable of tomorrow..
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/11/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Monica
Attacked? Not at all. Just clarifying that this really doesn't mean too much. It is being blown way out of proportion.

But it actually means a hole lot when compared to other classes who are told they are fine or just stonewalled with no responses whatsoever
Edited by Prieto on 12/11/2012 11:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/11/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Prieto

But it actually means a hole lot when compared to other classes who are told they are fine or just stonewalled with no responses whatsoever

It could be because they are..or other reasons. Who knows, it's not like we get private VIP backstage time with them either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
fire mages really arent in a better place than last week, almost all dps are beating my guilds fire mage, including our boomkin.

fire mages arent really "top"anything, not top aoe, not top single target , very restricted on movement.

from a formidable dps cannon to riding the bottom of the dps meters, seems extreme to me

wut? I'll trade you scorch for moonfire/sunfire spam any day... Your mage shouldn't lose that much dps on the move compaired to spriest or boomkin. Warlock/hunter/mage don't seem to have it bad at all on movement if you dare to compare. Even ele doesn't have it too bad while Spriest and boomkin have to recast dots and hope for RNG procs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

wut? I'll trade you scorch for moonfire/sunfire spam any day... Your mage shouldn't lose that much dps on the move compaired to spriest or boomkin. Warlock/hunter/mage don't seem to have it bad at all on movement if you dare to compare. Even ele doesn't have it too bad while Spriest and boomkin have to recast dots and hope for RNG procs.

Scorch is a talent, scorch is a talent most fire mages don't take.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/12/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Harlach

According to what?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

According to what?

Well it may have changed since the combustion nerf, but previous, the benefit of four pyros with a pom/at/combust macro was hard to beat.
Edited by Harlach on 12/12/2012 12:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

According to what?

Seriously, how can he say that? Is it really debatable that most fire mages spec scorch for pve? What in the world is he basing this off of?

Edit: I went and sifted through the mage forum to find that some fire mages did take presence of mind but the majority were using scorch still. With blink and an instant like fireblast or living bomb perhaps movement isn't a big enough issue for mages on enough fights to warrent scorch. Something like lei shi's 'get away' ability would be annoying without scorch.
Edited by Stratis on 12/12/2012 1:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

According to what?

Seriously, how can he say that? Is it really debatable that most fire mages spec scorch for pve? What in the world is he basing this off of?

Edit: I went and sifted through the mage forum to find that some fire mages did take presence of mind but the majority were using scorch still. With blink and an instant like fireblast or living bomb perhaps movement isn't a big enough issue for mages on enough fights to warrent scorch. Something like lei shi's 'get away' ability would be annoying without scorch.

I can say that because it's true, with a glyphed combustion pom is a talent that lines up with every single combust. Offering four pyros for the alter time combusts, and two pyros for the non-alter time ones. And you don't ever use inferno blast outside of heating up, and most of the time you won't need to refresh living bomb. So yes, in many cases, movement is very painful for fire mages. Scorch is an option, but its going to lower the damage potential of the spec, and what was our main cooldown (not like it matters now).

P.S. If you notice a spec with scorch/incanters ward, its either a pvp spec or a garalon spec.
Edited by Harlach on 12/12/2012 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
If whining worked, rogues would be normalized
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
Actually my friend plays a boomkin and she noticed a substantial increase in her dps tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

compare that to mages getting their issue addressed & worked on. within weeks to hunters waiting from beta where we already knew the state of our pve dps to 5.1

We got soem pretty good hunters in our guild and they do fine, the buffs have helped of coarse but BM and Survival are doing great.

Fire mages have not had the issues addressed at all, Crit scaling has been a permanent problem. There are many classes and specs with outstanding issues that should be a concern to all that have not been addressed in what could be called a timely manner.

Marksman for one could use more love as well, complaining that other classes are getting better treatment is silly, unless you are counting the massive gutter dropping nerf as better treatment.

Well, according to GC, fire mages do not have any issues at present. He thinks they are where they should be post tuesdays buff. I have heard that before. He said hunters were fine, if not a little bit high on dps right before the 4.3 release and we had to wait until the end of the Cata expansion for them to realize that hunters were NOT fine, but by then they said hunters would have to wait until the release of MoP to see their issues addressed. Let's see how long it takes for your perceived fire spec issues to be addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Magnata
Actually my friend plays a boomkin and she noticed a substantial increase in her dps tonight.

Not sure how, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single Moonkin change since MoP launched.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/12/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Stratis
Something like lei shi's 'get away' ability would be annoying without scorch.

I have absolutely no problem with that phase.

/snicker

...Hide phase sucks though...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/12/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Oaklander
He said hunters were fine, if not a little bit high on dps right before the 4.3 release and we had to wait until the end of the Cata expansion for them to realize that hunters were NOT fine,

Are you trying to say Hunters were not fine in 4.3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I find it funny that WW monks have been hurting for cleave since beta but Mage Cleave gets nerfed and immediately adjusted and fixed.

You can tell which classes get the priority at Blizz HQ.

Because people complain about mages constantly? The classes that get nerfed are the ones that people complain about the most, not the one that needs it the most (or if at all to begin with).
Edited by Laizhensil on 12/12/2012 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I find it funny that WW monks have been hurting for cleave since beta but Mage Cleave gets nerfed and immediately adjusted and fixed.

Because people complain about mages constantly? The classes that get nerfed are the ones that people complain about the most, not the one that needs it the most (or if at all to begin with).

On top of that note, not every DPS spec is going to be strong in cleave fights, or even have a cleave. Hunter's haven't had a cleave since Multi-shot was turned into a true AOE.

IMO, Chimera Shot & Wild Quiver should be a cleave ability. MM needs a slight niche.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

so they buffed combustion did they? got notes on that? bumping our CM back up a tad bit and calling it a day with a 4 spread not 3 on DOTs is your idea of a cleave buff? areyou talking about trash pulls or bosses? somehow u think monks cant spinning crane kick 3+ tagets or something /boggle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]