Spirit shell and Will of the emperor...

90 Draenei Monk
I'm having major issues using my spirit shell to its fullest on Will. I usually save it for Titan Gas Phase but other than that i can't find a real good place to use it. I ends up off cooldown for over a minute meaning I end up wasting a full cast of it. I've tried getting it in on CD after it comes up between gas phases but when I do I end up with like 90% of the absorbs falling off, sometimes at 100k+ so I haven't been using it that much other than titan gas phase, any tips?
Reply Quote
Use it to avoid tank damage when the bosses are not performing the Combo.
The bosses melee hits are really heavy, in fact the biggest white damage from this whole tier if im not mistaken.
If you align your SS with the end of each combo and the start of the "melee swing" phase, you will make a effective use of it. It will not be an amazing recount show-off healing, but will avoid tank deaths and spike damages that will consume other healers mana and attention.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Would it be best to Greater heal to keep from expending too much mana or Flash heal to make the spirit shell the most effective?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Demkicks
Would it be best to Greater heal to keep from expending too much mana or Flash heal to make the spirit shell the most effective?

I use Greater Heal on WotE to SS the tanks. With enough Mastery, Gheal should nearly cap an SS in one cast.

Flash Heal is a mana sink that should never be cast, maybe once or twice in an encounter (not even, usually).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Qùess
Flash Heal is a mana sink that should never be cast, maybe once or twice in an encounter (not even, usually).

Which is why 2 set tier pisses me off so much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Keirisonis
Which is why 2 set tier pisses me off so much.

Yep. I'm just passing all the conq tokens to DPS for their 4-sets before I even consider working on my 2-set.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Qùess
Yep. I'm just passing all the conq tokens to DPS for their 4-sets before I even consider working on my 2-set.

I don't even really like the 4 set for Disc. My penance is only really used for dps or on the tank. It wouldn't be a huge boost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I use Penance off cooldown essentially (whether for damage/grace/spread healing/mobile healing). I can imagine 4 seconds off of it helping me out a lot in some Heroic fights, like healing myself through Wind Step during the Whirlwind on H Blade Lord.

Despite wanting it, I almost always will give a DPS gear over myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Demkicks

Greater Heal. There's no reason to use Flash Heal, because you'll very quickly cap Spirit Shell on the tanks if you use it just before their combo ends, and should leave enough time to toss 1-2 more SS-GHs on each tank once they start taking hits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Qùess
Despite wanting it, I almost always will give a DPS gear over myself.

Every drop that i've gotten so far in MSV has went to the other healers, except my neck. Helps more to have them better geared.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I currently have (and still working on) two sets of gear:

A heavy mastery set when I'm not tank.

The 4pcs set for tank healing.

Guild is working on Heroic Will right now (YAY 5 HEALING x.x) and I can say without a doubt that the 4pcs penance is great for tank healing. Also, chaining SS on the tank (I was healing the monk and pally the warrior) did miracles. Overall damage wise the monk took way more, but his HP was way more stable than the warrior's.

...except for that one time where he got hit back hit for for 270k =|. Panda pancake.

12/12/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Qùess

I use Greater Heal on WotE to SS the tanks. With enough Mastery, Gheal should nearly cap an SS in one cast.

And in heroic you can literally see the spirit shell fade as you cast your next GH, then see it fade again mid way through the GH following......to a point where I was counting the combination strike just to get head start on SS.

>.<
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hey, I actually build up spirit shell with heal during the tank dancing to save mana. The gas was mostly handled by my partner (strat write up is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143 )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]