DPS figures on Vizier?

90 Dwarf Death Knight
I tried 10m vizier as Frost (dual wield, 473 ilevel) a few times. My dps was at most around 44k, which to be honest seems to be fracking dreadful. I went to Mr Robot and it recommended going mastery over haste, so I changed my gems and reforging a bit and tried vizier on lfr. Results were about the same. Would this dps actually be in the acceptable range, or is it just way too low as I suspect?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sims are not going to do anything in this case; your dps is just too low. I am assuming your uptime on the boss is just too low as well. You are probably just backing off too much during his attenuation to avoid being hit, but if your lag is good, it is possible to circle the boss while keeping up a full rotation.

Also, army when he goes into final phase while the floor is covered in goo. Since you have to wait for about 5 secs anyway. This is better than using army before the fight starts which could be unpredictable.
Edited by Laroux on 12/12/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Thanks! I've been comparing myself with other frost dks in lfr. The ones with no normal mode kills, I seem to be on par with. Yes 44k overall dps for the fight is what I'm seeing over a couple attempts. Too low? Damn, not sure what I could do better. I am concentrating hard on getting the rotation, but obviously missing something.

You have to keep up your full rotation during attenuation? Its all I can do to get off a few howling blasts while dodging the disks. Anyhow, comparing myself with others in lfr I am average, middle of the pack compared with the playerbase. But average doesn't cut it for normal modes this time around. I think they may be out of my league until they nerf them. Harsh, but probably true.
Edited by Murdina on 12/12/2012 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
As 2h frost my last attempt I ended at 70k with our top dps I think around 80k. 44k sounds like you are missing some basic mechanics of the fight or rotation. During attenuation you should keep up your full rotation. You're not running out of melee right? he has a big hit box.

All I can say is make sure you are keeping both diseases on him 100%, pop pillar of frost and ghoul every chance you get, use empower rune weapon as soon as you run out of runes and have low RP during your first PoF and again during execute phase, and keep up soulreaper at 35%.

Definitely re-read the guides and go work on the dummies until you feel confident about the rotation.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
And why are you doing HoF before MsV?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
You're probably missing the fact that rotation with Mastery over Haste is different then the regular haste rotation. It's completely different. From what I picked up and experienced: Masterfrost DW > 2H > Hastefrost DW. If you're unsure what Masterfrost is, read up on the stickies.

Just to give you a number to judge by. I did 40-42k as Frost on Heroic Ultraxion with an ilvl of about 395, and 2 410 weapons.

Right now I'm doing 70k+ on average, 120k burst, and I still find that lower then it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I reread the sticky and adjusted addons to give me the right cues for when runes are exhausted. I envy anyone who can read the actual rune markers on the fly, it must take a lot of practice. Anyhow on vizier lfr my dps was now 51k. Still well short of the minimum performance necessary for normal modes, but a definite improvement. Its all about using abilities at precisely the right moment, even small changes can apparently lead to huge improvements.

You're probably missing the fact that rotation with Mastery over Haste is different

Going to reforge back to haste, should make a small improvement too.
Edited by Murdina on 12/13/2012 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You seem to need a major UI overhaul then; that and more practice. Elv UI comes highly recommended, you can move anything anywhere you feel comfortable.

Go on youtube and check out the tutorial videos on it and see if it's something you can work with.

I do not use it but I would if I haven't already mastered my current setup.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Thanks, good advice all. Maybe later I'll make a log file and see if anyone can pick any major faults. But time to just get on with more practice in the meanwhile.
Edited by Murdina on 12/13/2012 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
This was our kill of Zor'lok from this week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hki8za0igy2u2zc4/sum/damageDone/?s=11955&e=12247

As DW, you should spam Howling Blast and Frost Strike. Only use Obliterate if you have to get rid of an Unholy rune. Make sure you stay in melee range of the boss (he has a huge hit box) and do your rotation while Attenuation is happening. It'll help you top the meters.

I highly recommend a rune addon like DocsDebugRunes. It'll turn the default rune UI, which is terrible IMO, into different colored bars that are much easier to see.

Also, all melee classes scale a lot with weapons. For me, going from a 463 + 476 to a 483 + 483 increased my DPS by over 10k, without me changing anything else about my play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I do about 55k-65k on Vizier. My mastery is 35% ( I was also a higher Ilvl then you on those attempts but I had lfr weapon and heroic weapon) I suggest getting rid of that extra hit you have and putting it to mastery. You only need 7.5% to assure the frost strike will hit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Ok, so first thing that I will recommend is forget Ask Mr. Robot even exists because quite frankly, that site is complete garbage.

I would recommend getting an addon like Reforgelite to help you with reforging better. This can help you get rid of all of that unnecessary Hit rating you currently have.

While Mastery is one of the best stats for DW, it is nearly even if not worse than Haste until you get better gear. Running SimCraft with reforge plots for mastery and haste should show you how much of a dps gain each stat can be. For me, Haste and Mastery sim almost equally so I am fairly balanced between the two stats.

As stated above me by Snaptaunt, DocsDebugRunes is probably the best addon for managing runes and will help your rotation a lot.

I don't know if you are glyphed for a specific fight, but I almost always take Glyph of AMS. AMS is a nice defensive cd, but it can also help you offensively because you generate RP based on the damage absorbed. On fights like Blade Lord Ta'yak you can pop your AMS and run into a tornado close to melee range and you will cap your RP instantly. So if used correctly you can dump your RP, pop AMS, take magic damage and be back at full RP ready to be dumped again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/12/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Murdina
I tried 10m vizier as Frost (dual wield, 473 ilevel) a few times. My dps was at most around 44k, which to be honest seems to be fracking dreadful. I went to Mr Robot and it recommended going mastery over haste, so I changed my gems and reforging a bit and tried vizier on lfr. Results were about the same. Would this dps actually be in the acceptable range, or is it just way too low as I suspect?

Attuention is either clockwise or anticlockwise take a step back , Boss hitbox is average size so no need to be under his bugballs, mouse facing down and strafe around beating him down :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]