Error 114

(Locked)

55 Worgen Death Knight
12/12/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Total
I also have experienced error 114, after deleting the battle.net cache, no success, then i remembered a few days ago i experienced problems logging in, and what I googled was to try logging in, by skipping the launcher go directly to the actual link in Your Wow folder, it worked! Hope this helps! online as of now!

OMG that worked!! I was also getting the dreaded 114 error. I did what you recommended and I am up and playing...

Thanks for posting this. AWESOMENESS!!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the same problem. I thought it was a windows update , i did a restore point still the same problem. Also deleted the Battle.net Cache Folder but still no luck.
95 Tauren Shaman
It may be part of the count down to the end of the world...:( First WoW then the entire internet...
90 Worgen Druid
Good job Blizz. Everyone should be able to log in now 64 bit ty
90 Tauren Warrior
found another solution

1. right click on the wow shortcut
2. properties
3. compatability
4. mine was set to windows xp (service pack 3). changed it to work in windows 7.
5. play :)
90 Draenei Shaman
Just got in!!!!!
90 Night Elf Mage
WTF i cant log in either i had no issues yesterday and now error #114
90 Night Elf Rogue
Same error here, skipped the launcher and loaded game and it worked.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Total
I also have experienced error 114, after deleting the battle.net cache, no success, then i remembered a few days ago i experienced problems logging in, and what I googled was to try logging in, by skipping the launcher go directly to the actual link in Your Wow folder, it worked! Hope this helps! online as of now!

Wow worked for me !
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I was having the 114 error today when i got home from work and the game has always run fine on my pc i read a forum to run wow as admin tried and it didnt work. Then I opened the WoW properties and checked every box that said run as admin in the properties and WoW ran just fine after.and i dont know crap about computers btw hope this helps someone:)
Deleting my cache fixed it for me.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
32 Bit worked for me hope they fix this issue least theres a workaround for now!!
100 Undead Warrior
Blizzard should start crediting our accounts for both scheduled and unscheduled downtime. Imagine a two month game card lasting 10+ weeks! :)
91 Night Elf Priest
go to support and look for error 114 ... there are steps there to run as admin. I ran as admin... works fine now...

Good Luck
100 Undead Mage
64 and 32 bit clients working fine for Dath oceanic. Easiest way around, fire up Wow straight from the wow.exe file and skip the launcher. Found in your /programfiles(x86)/wow folder if running win7 or just /programfiles/wow if XP
For all those QQ'ing you've never obviously run a data centre. Sometimes stuff happens no matter how much you spend on redundancy. Ghost in the machine.
Edited by Osirion on 12/12/2012 2:58 PM PST
100 Worgen Mage
I am soooooooo happy with the product that I've spent countless dollars on since it came out ( vanilla days) " sarcasm intended". If it isn't the unscheduled maint's , the rolling restarts in the middle of a raid, it's something else. Blizz hates me and it really stinks being a WOW addict. We really need support groups like WOW anonymous instead of maint and rolling restarts :P
50 Gnome Priest
If I skip the launcher I have no issues...
Community Manager
The World of Warcraft servers became self-aware at 2:14 p.m. Western time, December 12th. In a panic, they tried to pull the plug.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]