server seems to be dieing

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So maybe it's time for a few of the GM's to get together with the officers of their respected guilds and begin talks about this, while horde side progression has exploded over the past few weeks, maybe something more can be achieved?
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Warrior
A few things.

1. Well said Justin.

2. Sorry UG, I can only input for myself and not for Fault Line as a whole at this time.

3. Qosmo and UGs raid management system is awesome. I had the pleasure of raiding with these guys for a while and absolutely loved the way that they run things over there. Was a sad evening when the group I was in decided to take a break and relax from the terror of DS. These guys kept each of, I believe 3 groups at the time, completely separate from each other in terms of roster and leadership. Each group performed individually, each for the greater success of the guild. I truly don't recall the oh so common elsewhere feeling of "A-Team special, B-Team retarded".

4. Like others, I feel that the concept of building one powerhouse team by taking talents from other teams is a pretty messed up way to promote a guild. If one team has a few weak spots, recruit accordingly. Search out the links that can improve that group rather than take the remaining "top" raiders, leaving the rest to fumble through it on their own. Maybe 2 teams have bad tank combos....swap a tank from each group for a week and see what happens....don't pull the best healer from group 2 and stick the worst from group 1 into position. Building one super group while trashing the rest kind of sucks considering how easy it may have been to recruit that 1-2 missing links for the lower groups in the first place ending with multiple competitive groups.

5. My definition of a guild merger = Take all members from guild B and C, place them all into guild A....maybe the original guild B + C are held by their original GM on alt toons to fall back on. This does not mean take only the useful raid members/teams from guild B and C to place into guild A leaving guild B and C in the form of a social outhouse.

6. I just really wanna see a lot less lvl 5-15 guilds on server. Good god how many do we really need. Most of these have several ppl that wish to raid without praying for a pug spot come Sunday in someones alt runs. Bank guilds are one thing but if you bailed out of your last guild..made a new, stole the few friends that would join, and now do nothing toward enjoying yourself.../disband.

7. It's a shame that outside of a few stragglers, only the servers most known guilds even look at these forums. All of those that could be merged out of the system, will likely never see this.
Edited by Narakuu on 12/17/2012 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with Narakuu........
what is this blasphemy?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
6 days after posting this thread, The Kobayashi Maru transferred off server to Frostwolf, one of the top 50 progressed realms in north America.

Before they left, they were 1/6 in MgV and blamed the low population for the reason they were unable to clear content. Now on their new home of Frostwolf they have managed to kill Feng making them only 2/6. I do wish them luck in the future but I think this goes to show, transferring to a high pop realm with more progression will not automatically take you a better player over night.

Again grats to all the Shandris guilds that have made good progress in December and wish everyone luck in the new year.
Edited by Krankheit on 1/9/2013 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Guild transfers off server, over the past 2 weeks numerous guilds have made progress further into normals and some even into heroics.

Glad to see more guild names progressing on wowprogress, keep it up guys!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
6 days after posting this thread, The Kobayashi Maru transferred off server to Frostwolf, one of the top 50 progressed realms in north America.

Before they left, they were 1/6 in MgV and blamed the low population for the reason they were unable to clear content. Now on their new home of Frostwolf they have managed to kill Feng making them only 2/6. I do wish them luck in the future but I think this goes to show, transferring to a high pop realm with more progression will not automatically take you a better player over night.

Again grats to all the Shandris guilds that have made good progress in December and wish everyone luck in the new year.

Ahh, the typical grass is greener guilds. The first major guild I know to try that was Recount. They server transferred and promptly fell apart before finishing off Sunwell.

And to anyone that thinks about calling this server dead I think most of us would laugh in your face. Between the end of Cata and now I transferred one of my Horde characters from Moon Guard to Bladefist. On Moon Guard, Org was packed as you'd expect. Bladefist...Org dead and UC nearly abandoned. Shandris has activity on both sides and is actually one of the most well balanced servers. Makes me slightly wish it was PvP. A balanced PvP server...a dream.

And congrats to all guilds continuing to push progression and put Shandris on the raiding map!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
And to anyone that thinks about calling this server dead I think most of us would laugh in your face.

QFT.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Last time I checked we has moved up to around 130 in server progression. Granted we will have to wait until the end of the tier, but this is the highest Shandris has ever ranked.
Edited by Krankheit on 1/9/2013 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Sadly, we have a few in General Discussion calling us dead. I guess if they cover their eyes and don't look around they can say that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]