Rediculous Frost Bomb Bug with Spell Reflects

90 Orc Monk
ok
Blizzard, there is currently a bug with Frost Bomb (and or spell reflect) that allows Mages to take NO damage from Frost Bomb when it is reflected by any sort of spell reflect.

Warrior Spell Reflect, Monk Diffuse Magic, etc.

Here is a link to a video of a Mage taking damage from his own Frost Bomb detonation and then being healed back up to the percentage of health he was at before the Frost Bomb detonates once he takes damage from any source after the detonation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_OgVWQWqA&feature=youtu.be

There is no game mechanic that makes it so Mages are not supposed to take damage from Frost Bomb. Please Hot-fix this Blizzard. This bug has actually been in the game for quite a while and no one has addressed it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Actually thats a lie, he did take damage as his shield was destroyed. As arcane my frost bomb hits on enemies in pve for about 80k when not buffed by anything. So that takes about the same damage as an ice barrier.

12/13/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Gundorix
Mage taking damage from his own Frost Bomb detonation and then being healed back up to the percentage of health he was at before the Frost Bomb detonates once he takes damage from any source after the detonation.

Sounds like alter time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/13/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Hiroran
Actually thats a lie, he did take damage as his shield was destroyed. As arcane my frost bomb hits on enemies in pve for about 80k when not buffed by anything. So that takes about the same damage as an ice barrier.

Actually if you watch carefully his Ice barrier expires as it gets reflected then the damage is caused then he heals back to 100%.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sounds like alter time.

Why post if you won't even watch the video.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/13/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Stratis
Why post if you won't even watch the video.

I did watch the video, and the video didn't match up with what he was saying. I pointed out something that he said that I didn't notice in the video.

12/13/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Droxil
Actually if you watch carefully his Ice barrier expires as it gets reflected then the damage is caused then he heals back to 100%.

I would assume thats a graphical error, just like on time warp, the players dont get larger for another second or two.
Edited by Hiroran on 12/13/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmm, I thought it was the other way around where a reflected Frost Bomb ignored resilience.

Maybe this bug is a result of the other one?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Combat logs would be better imo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
There is a bug with spell reflects, but you're way off.

The problem is that reflected spells aren't affected by resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There is a bug with spell reflects, but you're way off.

The problem is that reflected spells aren't affected by resilience.

Pretty sure GC confirmed on twitter that this was intended and not a bug. Not 100% sure though. Yeah he confirmed it:

"Spell reflect is ignoring resilience/absorbs..."

GC: "Spell reflect is by design."
Edited by Harcken on 12/13/2012 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
OP is right, there's some weirdness with frost bomb doing damage and then the damage being instantly returned to you. I don't think it shows up in logs. Seems like a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Just tried it with the deterrence spell reflect, definatley something funny, reflected the spell at 100% hp on the mage, mage went to 70 % on the player frame, but when i auto attacked the mage went to 96%.
My enemy name plates still showed the mage at 100% hp as well.
Reply Quote
19 Goblin Shaman
inc fix in 6.1 lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
ok

Sounds like alter time.

No offence but you are incorrect. Second, don't bring PvE into a PvP discussion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]