How do you upgrade Armor/Weapons

(Locked)

90 Human Hunter
I'm returning to WOW after a break of a few months. I noticed on my armor and weapons it has an upgrade level. How do I upgrade this? I'm in full pvp gear.

Thank you!
90 Pandaren Hunter
You only want to upgrade your armor if it is a best in slot piece. That means if you are in normal mode raiding gear, but planning on pushing heroics, you are probably best served saving your VPs for once you get some heroic mode drops.

That said, as to the process of doing it, there is a Consortium NPC in the Shrine of the Seven Stars near the transmogrification NPC that will let you spend your VPs to upgrade your gear. 750 VP buys you 4 (?) iLevels worth of an upgrade.

Edit: PvP gear, I am fairly sure, is upgraded at the same spot. For PvP pieces that are used as currency for other PvP pieces, any upgrades to the original piece of gear are applied to the purchased piece of gear. The same BiS rule should apply though.

Upgrading gear that you plan on replacing is a waste of VPs.
Edited by Adarant on 12/13/2012 1:20 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
You can upgrade the items for valor points at the same place in Stormwind where the reforger / transmogger / void storage is...across from the old barracks.

Cost like 750 valor to do an upgrade on an item.
90 Human Hunter
Ok so I need to run heroics to get valor points?
90 Draenei Hunter
12/13/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Reuger
Ok so I need to run heroics to get valor points?

Heroics, LFR, scenarios, or daily quests.
90 Night Elf Hunter
No, you need honor points to upgrade honor gear. Conquest points to upgrade conquest gear. See the pattern?

If you wanted to upgrade your malevolent weapon for instance, you would spend conquest points. For your dreadful items, you would spend honor points.

You only need justice and valor points if you plan on upgrading the appropriate PvE gear.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/13/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Napdevil
No, you need honor points to upgrade honor gear. Conquest points to upgrade conquest gear.

This. Whatever content your gear comes from (conquest/valor/justice/honor) that is the currency to upgrade.

Blue heroics gear? Justice.
Blue Honor gear? Honor.
Epic pve gear? Valor.
Epic Conquest gear? Conquest.
90 Human Hunter
You guys Rock!

Thank you!
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/13/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Napdevil
No, you need honor points to upgrade honor gear. Conquest points to upgrade conquest gear. See the pattern?

...I should have realized this as I was typing that.
85 Gnome Warlock
Looks like upgrading has been taken out of the game as of 5.2 It might be back in 5.3 but nothing certain.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why would you bump a 3 month old post to say that? O.o
Onyxia deep breaths more.
90 Goblin Shaman
I learned somethin.
100 Tauren Warrior
Thanks for asking this. I was a little confused.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]